[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dick Jauron fired

budlitebrad

Not a huge surprise..... then again.... it's Buffalo, who really cares :D

Unless they get someone in there to overhaul the whole thing, who the coach is won't matter.

If you're asking who really cares because of the current state of the franchise, you have some latitude as the current team blows, and has for some time. If you're talking out your :wacko: because you somehow consider yourself above the average Bills' fan, you're taking a cheap, sophomoric, uneducated and unmerited shot at a real football town that has been waiting for this day for years.

Hopefully today is only the start of the rebirth of a great franchise.

Edited by luke davenport

If you're asking who really cares because of the current state of the franchise, you have some latitude as the current team blows, and has for some time. If you're talking out your :wacko: because you somehow consider yourself above the average Bills' fan, you're taking a cheap, sophomoric, uneducated and unmerited shot at a real football town that has been waiting for this day for years.

+1 on everything he just said...

+1 on everything he just said...

Well said.

Saw that the new interim coach named Fitzpatrick the starter, but I don't know exactly if that signals anything. The reason I wonder, is that I have to hold on to James Hardy until week one of next season to avoid a $5 (for a $100) budget price tag for dropping him, and more importantly I took a flyer a couple weeks ago and picked up Lynch as a 4th or 5th depth possible spot start. I've stuck with Larry Johnson out of stubbornness to see what shook out, and I don't think sensibly I should go into the latter part of the season hoping one or the other does something.

Just taking the temperature of locals, in case you hear something, or see that the coaching change could forward the opportunities of either Lynch or of Hardy. I'm guessing neither will be worthwhile, but I am in good enough shape record-wise on my two teams to wait and see for a week or so. As an interim coach, I wonder if the new guy would commit to Lynch or to to Jackson, much like he did with the QB.

I doubt the run game touches will change all that much as far as a percentage between Lynch and Jackson. The overall approach in run vs pass may. The only thing I have noticed is that Fewell is more emotional than Jauron. So if one guy got hot he might leave them in more as opposed to sticking to a predetermined division of carries.

Somewhere lost in the season was Fred Jackson lined up wide with Lynch in the backfield. If, big if, they expand or get more aggressive in play calling Jackson could get a few more touches a game.

I wouldn't get to excited about it though.

Just heard a rumor on local radio (Phoenix) that the current interm head coach is on a 7 week job interview, however the Bills seem to have their sights set on Mike Shannahan. When asked about it, Shannahan said that this year off was VERY beneficial and much needed - but said that he is very anxious and ready to get back in to coaching. INTERESTING!!

The same show mentioned that Mike Holmgreen has pretty much been offered the job of HC for the Browns "next year" and it's his to turn down if he doesn't want it - although nothing is official obviously.. Can you say hasta la pasta, Mangenius?

No top name quality coach is going to Buffalo especially without complete autonomy.

NFL.com

Mike Shanahan has emerged as the Bills’ “No. 1 candidate” to become their full-time coach after the season, according to a source close to the team.

The source said a meeting between Shanahan, Bills owner Ralph Wilson and Bills chief operating officer/general manager Russ Brandon, who is overseeing the hiring process, likely will take place next week.

Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher also is high on the Bills’ list of candidates, but at the moment, they are focused on Shanahan, who guided the Broncos to back-to-back Super Bowl championships in the late 1990s but was fired after last season.

There’s also strong speculation that the Redskins are pursuing Shanahan to replace Jim Zorn as their coach after the season. However, according to the source close to the Bills, Shanahan is intrigued by the “low-maintenance” situation he would have in Buffalo as opposed to Washington.

The Bills, the source said, are willing to offer whatever salary is necessary to land a high-end candidate such as Shanahan and would give him total control of the football operation, something Wilson has generally been opposed to doing in the past. Adding to the job’s attractiveness, according to the source, is the fact the team is in solid financial shape and not burdened by any dead salary-cap money.

“This is his (Wilson’s) last coach and (he) is going to do everything it takes to get it right,” the source said of the 91-year-old owner.

The Bills fired Dick Jauron on Tuesday and made defensive coordinator Perry Fewell their interim head coach.

Good point ... any locals think the new guy will commit to a single RB?

I am hearing, from a couple different places an increased "wildcat" presence may occur. Which Fred Jackson would run. Makes sense, he did throw a TD to Evans last week. Get your best players on the field and both RB's are better than either QB.

No top name quality coach is going to Buffalo especially without complete autonomy.

+1...and no top name coach is going to Buffalo before the end of this season. They will all want to see what other jobs open up first. Buffalo may be a great football town with great fans. However, there are several things that Buffalo can not offer a great coach that other cities and franchises can. This will be very interesting with all the great names out there. My gut says Buffalo ends up with a no name up and comer as opposed to one of the big hitters.