[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

100% angus beef! oooh wow that means it's amazing

BeeR

Or does it....burger joints are routinely advertising "angus beef" hamburgers, and I've even seen angus beef hot dogs. I'm thinkin it doesn't necessarily make that much of a diff or mean it's so much better, ie they know people often equate the "angus" tag to being top-notch stuff, so they're milking it for all it's worth. Y/N?

I'd really worry if Taco Bell starting claiming they use it, I read somewhere that the quality of the beef at Taco Smell is actually a grade or so below the beef used to make Bil-Jac dog food.

Taco Bell uses the same ground beef that most other fast food places do.

You're probably referring to the "Taco Bell uses Grade D meat" rumor.

Angus Beef is different than Certfied Angus Beef. I don't think that CAB is that big of a deal.

Anyone can throw around the term Angus Beef but only Certified Angus Beef conforms to the guidelines set forth by law. So, if it's not CAB, it could be anything. However, CAB, while nice is, as Furd mentions, not a super huge deal.

None the less, just saying Angus is about as important as the word Reserve on a bottle of California wine. It has no specific meaning. So, the OP's suspicions are confirmed.

Anyone can throw around the term Angus Beef but only Certified Angus Beef conforms to the guidelines set forth by law. So, if it's not CAB, it could be anything. However, CAB, while nice is, as Furd mentions, not a super huge deal.

None the less, just saying Angus is about as important as the word Reserve on a bottle of California wine. It has no specific meaning. So, the OP's suspicions are confirmed.

Don't tell my wife, she's sold on the fact that I tell her I have CAB...

...with something in Reserve.

Oh snap. You must have mad cow disease.

Thank you for horning in w/some actual info.

I tried to think of some Gateway computer joke here. I gotta spend less time around PCs.