[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly Homers

HowboutthemCowboys

I drafted McCoy in 3 leagues on the chance that Westbrook would'nt make it through the year. With the loss of Benson and the overall sucktitude of L.T. I may have to start him this week in all 3. What am I to expect the rest of the season ( if Westbrook is indeed done for the year) ?

A. A decent showing with him getting 80% of the carries and a few catches. :D

B. A 50-50 split with Weaver who will get the goal line carries. :wacko:

C. Reid deciding to throw the ball ~90% of the time. :D

D. McCoy getting 50% of the carries, with Weaver getting the goalline looks....which, based on Reid's penchant to pass 65-70% of the time, will likely amount to 6-8 carries per game for McCoy.

ON a side note, it was discussed in an interview with Brian Seltzer (97.5 ESPN radio's Eagles beat-guy) that McNabb felt much more comfortable with Westbrook in there this week over McCoy because McCoy is having a very difficult time picking up blitzes and blocking schemes. This logically explains why McCoy was so seldom used, even after Westbrook was hurt Sunday. Weaver lined up in the tailback role for many plays, especially those that were passes while the Eagles were in catch-up mode. They just don't trust McCoy to be in there when they are passing, except to use him in screen plays where he has no blocking assignement. Once defenses pick up on this, it will be even more difficult to use him even in this limited role.

I would truly temper my expectations for anything close to Westbrook-like production from McCoy. Unless its a game you think the Eagles have the lead and will be in obvious running situations in the 2nd half to kill some clock and take care of the ball, I'd have a tough time making McCOy anything mor than an RB3.

D. McCoy getting 50% of the carries, with Weaver getting the goalline looks....which, based on Reid's penchant to pass 65-70% of the time, will likely amount to 6-8 carries per game for McCoy.

ON a side note, it was discussed in an interview with Brian Seltzer (97.5 ESPN radio's Eagles beat-guy) that McNabb felt much more comfortable with Westbrook in there this week over McCoy because McCoy is having a very difficult time picking up blitzes and blocking schemes. This logically explains why McCoy was so seldom used, even after Westbrook was hurt Sunday. Weaver lined up in the tailback role for many plays, especially those that were passes while the Eagles were in catch-up mode. They just don't trust McCoy to be in there when they are passing, except to use him in screen plays where he has no blocking assignement. Once defenses pick up on this, it will be even more difficult to use him even in this limited role.

I would truly temper my expectations for anything close to Westbrook-like production from McCoy. Unless its a game you think the Eagles have the lead and will be in obvious running situations in the 2nd half to kill some clock and take care of the ball, I'd have a tough time making McCOy anything mor than an RB3.

thanks for the thoughts/info.

B is D :wacko:

Except for these last 4 games where Westy was basically out for most or all of them, Weaver only had one catch. None in the last 3 games. He's gonna get his 8-10 carries, probably most or all of the goal line carries. He's proven this year and with Seattle last year he can break a long one occasionally too, so there's some value there.

But in a PPR McCoy should be ok. Probably not going to get more then 8--10 carries either. But he's shown he can be good for 4-5 catches as well. 30-40 yards rushing, 30-40 yards receiving, 5 catches gets him to double digit pts, Break a longer run for more yards, possibly a td, still plenty of value there.