[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Orleans Saints D/ST

Shorttynaz

Does anyone here use Yahoo as their league site?

Just asking cause one owner in our league has the Saints defense and he lost by 4 points. Problem is, Courtney Roby opened the second half for the Saints with a 97 yard kickoff return for a TD, however Yahoo didn't credit the D/ST with the touchdown.

The owner is pretty po'd cause he lost and is currently on the bubble for the playoff's. Had that been scored correctly he would have won. Our league commissioner has come out and said that he cannot control (or does not have control) to change the scoring. He said if Yahoo goes in there this week and corrects this, then it will update accordingly. If they don't update the stats before Thursday's game (as that's the official start of week 11 in our league), he won't get credit for a game that he actually won..

Anyone else run into this problem??

Edit: spelling

Edited by Shorttynaz

the one Yahoo league i'm in, my opponent had NO D this week and they scored a total

of 10 points. This league awards 6 points for a D/ST TD.....if your league awards the Yahoo standard (4 points)

then he should have gotten 8 points for the week.

I checked, and there were no stat corrections posted yet....they usually happen on tue am

but could happen by tomorrow am.....hope it helps

Our league they were given credit for 2 sacks and 1 interception for a total of 6 points. We have 6 point DEF TD's. This would have resulted in a win for the team in question.

Dude is pissed, and I cant say I blame him.. We'll see if they change it tomorrow.

Does anyone here use Yahoo as their league site?

Just asking cause one owner in our league has the Saints defense and he lost by 4 points. Problem is, Courtney Roby opened the second half for the Saints with a 97 yard kickoff return for a TD, however Yahoo didn't credit the D/ST with the touchdown.

The owner is pretty po'd cause he lost and is currently on the bubble for the playoff's. Had that been scored correctly he would have won. Our league commissioner has come out and said that he cannot control (or does not have control) to change the scoring. He said if Yahoo goes in there this week and corrects this, then it will update accordingly. If they don't update the stats before Thursday's game (as that's the official start of week 11 in our league), he won't get credit for a game that he actually won..

Anyone else run into this problem??

Edit: spelling

In the Company League I'm in on Yahoo, I checked (cause my opponent had N.O.) They got 6 for the TD. BUT, I went and looked at our scoring rules, where we've assigned a Def TD as 6 points: to the right it says, "Yahoo DEFAULT value = 0", which means the normal Yahoo score is no points for a Def TD, but your league can change it.

Better check your league actual scoring rules!

In the Company League I'm in on Yahoo, I checked (cause my opponent had N.O.) They got 6 for the TD. BUT, I went and looked at our scoring rules, where we've assigned a Def TD as 6 points: to the right it says, "Yahoo DEFAULT value = 0", which means the normal Yahoo score is no points for a Def TD, but your league can change it.

Better check your league actual scoring rules!

The rules are correct. Defense and Special Teams are combined, and all D/ST TDs are worth 6 points.

Here's our D/ST scoring

Sack 2

Interception 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Touchdown 6

Safety 5

Points Allowed 0 points 10

Points Allowed 1-6 points 7

Points Allowed 7-13 points 4

Points Allowed 14-20 points 1

Points Allowed 21-27 points 0

Points Allowed 28-34 points -1

Points Allowed 35+ points -4

Oh well - it is what it is, and sucks to be the guy who lost. This is the first year we've chosen to use Yahoo (free) as opposed to CBS Sportsline (used to pay for it). More than likely this situation will cause this to be the only year we use Yahoo.

Has any other D got 6 points for a kickoff return TD during the season? If so, then the scoring should change. If not, then that's the way it is. As long as every team is being scored the same, there shouldn't be any issues.

Yup. Kickoff returns, Punt returns, and defensive TD's. All scored as 6 throughout the season

Then, if Yahoo doen't change it, you change it manually.

agree with this.....if everybody can see the 'scoring and settings' then i think you have to

give the dude the points. it's obviously a Yahoo f-up.

also, go back and check other games,( Miami/Ginn?) see if any other D/ST got return points

throughout the year....

agree with this.....if everybody can see the 'scoring and settings' then i think you have to

give the dude the points. it's obviously a Yahoo f-up.

also, go back and check other games,( Miami/Ginn?) see if any other D/ST got return points

throughout the year....

Help me out here...this isn't the first time the Saints have scored a defensive TD....how come it was not noticed like in weeks 2,4,7,8 or 9?? Two fo those weeks they scored 2 TDs (weeks 4 & 7)...if it is a new aquisition for this owner, did the other owners (if any) get ripped off too??????

I guess up until now - NO ONE has noticed it. The position is listed a D/ST, and ALL TDs are worth 6 points. However, after a little digging I decided to put an end to it. I compared the scoring in this league to another one that I have on Yahoo. One just says "TDs" while the has 2 categories, one for "TDs" and othother for "RTETURN TDs". I emailed him last night and asked if this was an error or was he aware of this?

When the commissioner set up this league, he just automatically assumed that the position was combined. He posted a post this morning and said that he never noticed it either - but after checkig the options HE HAS as commissioner, he said that he never checked the box for "return TDs", just "defensive TDs". He did admit that this was an error on his part, however it's been like this for 10 weeks now and fair is fair - he's not changing it now.. It's something that will be added/changed next year.

Just to be sure, I checked Denvers defense in week 6 when Eddie Royal ran back both a kickoff and a punt for TDs - yet neither counted in our league while they both counted in another where "return TDs is obviously a scoring stat." Same goes for week 8, Tedd Ginn Jr returned 2 kickoff's tof TDs and again - neither of them counted in this league.

Dude who lost is pissed, but now I cant understand why. If these return TDs haven't counted all year - then it's the same for everyone. It's not like this was changed this past weekend.

I guess up until now - NO ONE has noticed it. The position is listed a D/ST, and ALL TDs are worth 6 points. However, after a little digging I decided to put an end to it. I compared the scoring in this league to another one that I have on Yahoo. One just says "TDs" while the has 2 categories, one for "TDs" and othother for "RTETURN TDs". I emailed him last night and asked if this was an error or was he aware of this?

When the commissioner set up this league, he just automatically assumed that the position was combined. He posted a post this morning and said that he never noticed it either - but after checkig the options HE HAS as commissioner, he said that he never checked the box for "return TDs", just "defensive TDs". He did admit that this was an error on his part, however it's been like this for 10 weeks now and fair is fair - he's not changing it now.. It's something that will be added/changed next year.

Just to be sure, I checked Denvers defense in week 6 when Eddie Royal ran back both a kickoff and a punt for TDs - yet neither counted in our league while they both counted in another where "return TDs is obviously a scoring stat." Same goes for week 8, Tedd Ginn Jr returned 2 kickoff's tof TDs and again - neither of them counted in this league.

Dude who lost is pissed, but now I cant understand why. If these return TDs haven't counted all year - then it's the same for everyone. It's not like this was changed this past weekend.

that sucks

That's a whack league. You guys have a rule awarding points on returns ( you seem to imply you awarded them last year) but on a human error involving the website that takes precedence over agreed upon rules? Wow.

That's a whack league. You guys have a rule awarding points on returns ( you seem to imply you awarded them last year) but on a human error involving the website that takes precedence over agreed upon rules? Wow.

Not that unprecedented IMO based on past similar situations I have seen posted here.

Would you think that retroactively awarding these points, with potential affect to records, is a fairer way to handle the situation at this point?

Yes sir. I've been in this league for 8 years now. Up until this year return TDs have counted. The first 4 years I was in here - the commissioner kept track on paper and emailed several weekly updates. The next 3 years we used CBS Sportsline. This year - we decided to go cheap and use Yahoo for free. The commissioner overlooked the defensive scoring settings when setting up the league. I'm surprised that no one noticed this until now - week 11.

I would agree that this was an honest mistake. While Yahoo is new to the commissioner (I play in several Yahoo leagues each year - however am not a commissioner) I suppose I can see how he overlooked it.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Not that unprecedented IMO based on past similar situations I have seen posted here.

Would you think that retroactively awarding these points, with potential affect to records, is a fairer way to handle the situation at this point?

I don't know that it would have a big effect as most teams win by more than 6+ points each week. To be fair however - the commissioner said that it's been this way all season and he's not changing it now but will definitely correct it next season.

I don't know that it would have a big effect as most teams win by more than 6+ points each week. To be fair however - the commissioner said that it's been this way all season and he's not changing it now but will definitely correct it next season.

Which I agree with, I was responding to Pope's assertion that the league was whack for not adjusting the scores.

now, had this been week 2 or 3, I would say fix the scoring, but at this point, agree with letting it go as is.

Didn't bother to read some of the above posts so don't know if this has already been said. In Yahoo Fantasy Football a Kick return is awarded to the individual player, not the D/ST. Touchdowns are only awarded to the defense from turnovers, whereas Special Teams TD's are awarded to the player.

For example when Percy Harvin ran that kick return or punt return, whatever, back for a TD, I thought my D/ST should have been awarded 6 points. Turns out the 6 points went to him as a player and thus all TD's resulting from Special teams, count as a players total points, not the D/ST.