[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pacific Northwest

Brentastic

I lived in Portland although it was over 10 years ago. A few points to consider, some already touched on:

It does not rain that much although it is overcast most of the year; this takes some adjusting to. July, August and part of September are unbelievable - sun almost every day, not too hot.

Lots of placing to go hiking, camping within a reasonable drive. skiing/ snowboard in the winter also within a reasonable driving distance.

Lots of brewpubs that serve very delicious beer

Fewer A-holes than a lot of other places

Do not agree that it is inferior to Seattle in every way except traffic and COL; it's different. Some people prefer a bigger city, some don't. I live in a bigger city now and while there are a lot of things Portland doesn't have, i personally would trade it all in for the lower key scene of Portland or someplace similar. But this is my personal preference - depends on you and where you are in your life.

I lived in Portland although it was over 10 years ago. A few points to consider, some already touched on:

It does not rain that much although it is overcast most of the year; this takes some adjusting to. July, August and part of September are unbelievable - sun almost every day, not too hot.

Lots of placing to go hiking, camping within a reasonable drive. skiing/ snowboard in the winter also within a reasonable driving distance.

Lots of brewpubs that serve very delicious beer

Fewer A-holes than a lot of other places

Do not agree that it is inferior to Seattle in every way except traffic and COL; it's different. Some people prefer a bigger city, some don't. I live in a bigger city now and while there are a lot of things Portland doesn't have, i personally would trade it all in for the lower key scene of Portland or someplace similar. But this is my personal preference - depends on you and where you are in your life.

I'm in a place where I want a Portland. I've lived in Chicago long enough, I'm looking for a more family-friendly place to raise my kids. I think Portland is it. Although, I think it may be difficult to find a job in a city you do not live in. I fear that potential employers will see my current address (Chicago) and Josh Gordon me out. Nonetheless, I'm gonna try and make this happen sometime next year. Thanks for all the info everyone - anything else to add is encouraged!