[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCoy for Houshmanzadeh?

JimmyKerrigan

Howdy, y'all,

So, this year, our 9th season of a keeper league, I drafted LeSean McCoy and Donald Brown in the late rounds for mostly obvious reasons. As most of you know the McCoy pick might be just about ready to pay dividends.

Basically, I picked McCoy a bit early for two reasons. The first reason is that he is possibly a talented runningback who is worth using a RB keeper slot for. The second reason was that Brian Westbrook is basically _guaranteed_ to get injured and I'd have a spot-start or two OR I could trade McCoy to Westbrook's owner.

Well, it turns out that Westbrook's owner has offered me TJ Houshmanzadeh (who I love to call shoe-bomb-zadeh because damn, he really looks like the shoe bomber!) for McCoy straight up. I have needed Wide Receivers all season long (having kept DeSean JAckson and Anquan 'Headache' Boldin from last season) because I had been repeatedly starting Bernard Berrian. (Torture...)

Anyways, I recently traded Anquan and Thomas Jones who was my 2nd or 3rd round draft pick (We keep QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, Flex) for Chad Ochocinco and Brandon Jacobs. So now my two Keeper WRs are Ocho and DeSean. Last year my flex was Matt Ryan, who prompted me to trade Dallas Clark and someone for Tony Gonzalez (stupid, stupid, stupid). Matt Ryan is doing his best to play his way off of my keeper roster.

So... Now my runningbacks are DeAngelo Williams, Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs, Darren Sproles, Ladell Betts and Fred Jackson, the last two being recent waiver-wire adds.

If I trade McCoy for Housmanzadeh I will basically be choosing between Matt Ryan, Housh, and B-Jac for my Flex keeper position. Unless I hold on to McCoy and make him my keeper...

The trade deadline is the 20th and I don't anticipate snagging any other wide-outs.

Hey Sailor! New in town??? do I do?

My keepers will be:

QB: Drew Brees:

WR: DeSean JAckson

WR: Chad Ochocinco

RB: DeAngelo Williams

RB: Matt Forte

TE: Tony Gonzalez (Heath Miller and Greg Olsen are on my roster, probably not keepers)

K: Who Cares

Def: Chicago or New Orleans (ouch)

Flex: To Be Decided

What looks better as my flex keeper? McCoy? Brandon Jacobs? TJ Houshmanzadeh?

I am also but one game out of the playoffs and the guy in that last playoff spot is who I play this week. I would probably rather win this week than have the best keepers. Ocho draws Nnamdi Asomugha this week playing the Raiders so I need help at WR.

But, do I dare help my now-Westbrook-less opponent by giving him the handcuff he should have drafted? Can I live with starting Bernard Berrian again? The next best option on the waiver wire are boring receivers like Jacoby Jones, Patrick Crayton, Robert Meachem, Devery Henderson, Pierre Garcon, Donnie Avery, Ted Ginn, Laveraneus Coles, and James Jones.

Return yards are = to receiving yards, 20 yards per point, and it's a PPR league.

Maybe I should just pick up Coles? I've been burned by Jacoby and Crayton, and it's a coin-flip which Saints receiver will actually catch a TD. Pierre Garcon is not to be trusted. Donnie Avery is probably pretty good. Ted Ginn can give me return yards but 19 catches on the season is just awful.

Now that I think about it I like most of those waiver guys more than I like Bernard Berrian.

HELP!