[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which WR to Trade for Ricky Williams

Steelymcbeam

Hello guys and gals, I need some advice on a trade that could have some big implications in our league.

He is asking for a good WR for Ricky Williams. I don’t believe that he knows that Brown is out for the year yet. However, he also has D. Williams and T. Jones so Williams is sort of dead weight for him.

My roster currently

QB: Brees

WR: Wayne, Marshall, Ochocinco, M. Austin, Breaston

RB: Gore, P. Thomas, Slaton, Bernard Scott (this week since cb went down, I don’t own cb)

TE: Gates

K: Gostkowksi

DEF: PITT, ARI (holding for playoffs), DEN (good SB matchup)

Yes, 3 defenses is bad, but I had PITT and ARI, and I picked up DEN for a spot start last week and just haven’t replaced them yet.

We are a standard scoring, 6 for td’s, 4 for qb td’s, 1 pt for 10 yard except qb’s who are 1pt for 20.

We start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

Someone who has 3 good rb’s offered to trade me ricky williams for a wide receiver. He won’t be taking Breaston I imagine.

Which WR should I offer up? And possibly a backup offer if it doesn’t go through?

My thoughts:

Wayne - I’d be crazy. Or would I? If Indy wraps up early he could sit in the championship (week 16). I would probably ask for S. Rice back as well if I offered Wayne.

Ideally, I’d like to offer one of Ocho, Marshall, Austin. Who do you guys think I should give up?

Thanks.

My 1st instinct is Ocho, but I would try to find out Orton's status into the playoffs. If there is any hint of him slow comig back i would look to Marshall.

I dont think Ricky's holder is going to give up rice with a wr, but hey nothin ventured nothin gained

My initial thought was ocho or marshall as well.

But, after looking ocho has some sick matchups coming up and will be fighting the steelers the whole way for a playoff spot.

My 1st instinct is Ocho, but I would try to find out Orton's status into the playoffs. If there is any hint of him slow comig back i would look to Marshall.

I dont think Ricky's holder is going to give up rice with a wr, but hey nothin ventured nothin gained

I might be misreading, but not Ray Rice + WR, but Sidney Rice + Ricky. And yeah, it would be more of a nothing ventured, nothing gained sort of deal like you said..

Edited by Steelymcbeam

Marshall is coming off a great week so he might trade him straight up done deal.

Yeah, they are all straight up deals.

He is calling soon and it looks like it is going to be for Austin, thoughts?

Or should I try to persuade him otherwise.

I have faith in Marshall if Orton comes back in time.

If its Austin you should be glad.. His success was due only because of his sleeper status. He has been and will continue to get shut down the rest of the season. If u get Ricky for Austin, you won lol

Done deal.

Ricky for Austin straight up. I know that Ricky is somewhat of a gamble, but I'm hoping it works out.

So, my new roster is as follows:

QB: Brees

WR: Wayne, Ochocinco, Marshall, Breaston

RB: Gore, R. Williams BN: Slaton, Bernard Scott

TE: Gates

K: Gostkowski

DEF: PITT, ARI

Edited by Steelymcbeam