[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How to make the playoffs

Henry Muto

You got it Henry and yes Brews will be a tough out.

Good Luck!

Your Child's Play in this league with me ?

Congrats on a great season man..hopefully we meet up in the title game...you can help make that happen with a win this week.

If you win and I win and Brews wins your the 1 seed and I am the 3 seed but Brews is going to be 1 tough guy to take out.

He has Moss, Rice and Rice!!!

Your locked into a playoff spot assuming a team doesn't outscore you by over 100 pts this week knocking you 3rd in pts.

You will be the 1 seed in most situations and I need you to win your game to give me a shot.

If you win your game then I control my own destiny and that is all I can ask.

So I will be rooting for you bro!!!!!!! take out Slim Shady!!!!!!!

Nice to see some actual posts on the subject at hand instead of a mile of threads bashing me...all in good fun I assume though right ?

Anyway I took a relook at this and there are 12 situations that can play out and in 2 of them it would be best if I lost my game (as a win would actually knock me out) but there are also a few situations I found where I can get in via 2nd best record so I will have to try to win.

Also this is in the online league so I am only playing for the $10,000 or whatever it is not the $300,000 ... could you imigine how jacked up I would be in this situation for $300,000 instead of just $10,000 ?

Since I did all the work I will post this for the heck of it for fun as 8 teams left will have an effect on the final playoff standings even though only the top 6 of these teams can make the playoffs teams 7 and 8 could affect who gets in based off multiple team tie breakers.

My team is the Hydras this is from league 345 of the online championship

http://game.wcoff.com/cgi-bin/display_stan...X=1258759214757

Week 11 match ups

Child vs Shady, Brews vs Hurr, RN vs Hydras, IRC vs Long

7-3 Child 1425 pts

6-4 Brews 1441 pts

6-4 Shady 1224 pts

6-4 RN 1230 pts

5-5 Hurr 1338 pts

5-5 Hydras 1335 pts

5-5 IRC 1217 pts

5-5 Long 1211 pts

This league is actually pretty simple to figure out thanks to the point scored separation between teams. So I am going to base my assumptions on this...Child/Brews will finish 1/2 in pts (Either Child or Brews will be 1 but the other will be 2nd in pts) Also I will assume Hurr and Hydras will finish 3/4 in pts (either way one is 3rd and one is 4th)

Breaking it all down goes something like this looking at the games that would effect the final standings

I can see 12 possible scenario's that can play out

IF

1)Child, Brews, RN win (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

2)Child, Brews, Hydras, IRC win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hydras 3 (based off a 4 way tie breaker 3-0), Hurr 4)

3)Child, Brews, Hydras, Long win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hydras 3 (based off 4 way tie breaker 2-1 then winning pts battle vs RN, Hurr 4)

4)Child, RN, Hurr win (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

5)Child, Hurr, Hydras, IRC win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hydras 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 3-1, Hurr 4)

6)Child, Hurr, Hydras, Long win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hurr 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 3-1, Hydras 4)

7)Brews, Shady, RN (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts)

8)Brews, Shady, Hydras win (Shady 1, 2/3 Child and Brews based on pts, 4 = Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

9)Shady, Hurr, RN wins (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

10)Shady, Hurr, Hydras win AND Brews>Child in pts (Shady 1, Brews 2, Child 3, 4 = Hurr vs Hydras most pts)

11)Shady, Hurr, Hydras, IRC win AND Child>Brews in pts (Shady 1, Child 2, Hurr 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 3-1, Brews 4)

12)Shady, Hurr, Hydras, Long win AND Child>Brews in pts (Shady 1, Child 2, Hurr 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 4-0, Brews 4)

Ok there you have every possible scenario that can affect the playoffs (I think)

#11 and #12 is the situation I am talking about because if I win my game and the other things happen in #11 and #12 then I am out no matter what where as if I lose then it reverts back to #9 and I can get in if I outscore Hurr

Scenario 7 is very interesting because it puts records as follows

Child 7-4 (2-1)

Brews 7-4 (1-2)

Shady 7-4 (2-1)

RN 7-4 (1-2)

The oddity of Shady going 7-4 and 2-1 H2H vs the other 3 and still not getting in is kind of strange but that is how it works out because 2nd Tie breaker is pts if they tie on the 1st tiebreaker which they would

So Child gets the 1 seed, Brews the 2 with most pts left, 3 then goes to RN because he beat Shady H2H, 4 then left for most pts between Hydras and Hurr

I am going to sleep good tonight!

Say what now? :wacko:

After looking at this closer I see a very simple way for me to make the playoffs.

If I win and Child's play wins I am in...that is the simple way to get in.

If Child's play loses that is where things get chaotic.

So Doug take him out this week please!!!

What kinda sucks for me is I was really high on Bernard Scott this year drafted him in about 10 leagues this year...cut him in about 7 and now I am paying for it. I never believed in Benson (and was wrong he was awesome) but now he got hurt and here I am without my man Scott and go figure your the one that has him.

It makes me feel sick to think about it really because I was so high on him drafting him all over the place then I gave up on him and now look what happens. Hope that doesn't cost me some titles but hopefully he scored you big pts I see your starting him this week.

And it looks like I am out...man it hurts play all season finish in the top 4 in pts when 4 teams make the playoffs but the screwy system allows teams below me to pass me and get in.

I had a horrible day of picking players

Sat Roeth 30 pts started McNabb (last week I went Roeth over McNabb and lost 20 pts there 29 to 9)

Sat Davis 22 pts starterd Gates 7 pts (last week I started Davis he got 4 pts)

Had P-Thomas and Mike Bell went Thomas seen Bell score twice

Went Den DF over NYJ DF lost that one 10 to 0

FAWK

And it looks like I am out...man it hurts play all season finish in the top 4 in pts when 4 teams make the playoffs but the screwy system allows teams below me to pass me and get in.

Sat Roeth 30 pts started McNabb (last week I went Roeth over McNabb and lost 20 pts there 29 to 9)

FAWK

In our WCOFF league, 2 of the teams in the 5-way tie for best overall record won't get in.

Looks like we are going to end up 2nd overall in points and 2nd overall in record based on tiebreakers but will make the playoffs (would have been first place overall with the tiebreak system from previous years), but miss out on the regular season cash prizes.

That sucks Henry

Child's Play

FAWK