[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scholarship Hunting

nuke'em ttg

Ya, so i just found out what College Costs and there's no way in hell We or my daughter gets strapped with that debt :wacko: .....people are tellin me kids owe between 450 - 1200 tacos/month for 20 years :D so while i have some free time i'm diggin inta this bigtime but don't know where ta start :D My Daughter- 32 on her ACT and 16 outta 332 seniors

TIA :D

If she is graduating in May, you are basically screwed. She needs to talk with her guidance consulor or adviser(if they still have those these days) and see what may still be available to her.

The thing you are looking for are scolarships awarded through orginizations and such, yhose you usually apply for after you Junior year, It may be to late for most of those. There should be someone in the school that can answer these questions.

Edited by SLAYER

If she is graduating in May, you are basically screwed. She needs to talk with her guidance consulor or adviser(if they still have those these days) and see what may still be available to her.

:wacko: hey now, that doesn't sound good....is Madison, Miss a good place?

Just flucking with you. never been to Madison. what college is there?

not lookin for college there.....just while her and i have been talkin she brought up that place....after Katrina she went down with a group and did a bunch of paintin in schools.....they drove thru Madison and she liked all the Colonial style houses...she said even the KFC was colonial and made ya wanna eat there :D also said it's a top 5 place ta raise a family :wacko:

not lookin for college there.....just while her and i have been talkin she brought up that place....after Katrina she went down with a group and did a bunch of paintin in schools.....they drove thru Madison and she liked all the Colonial style houses...she said even the KFC was colonial and made ya wanna eat there :D also said it's a top 5 place ta raise a family :wacko:

Those are correct. 13 miles from Jackson to the nearest college though.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Madison-Mississippi.html

Heard it was nice and very southern. good luck in your scholorship search.

My Daughter- 32 on her ACT and 16 outta 332 seniors

Talk with the people at the universities she has applied to, given your daughter's credentials, they ought to be able to find money to help her pay for school. (If she is a first-generation college student (meaning that you and your wife didn't go to college) be sure to bring that up.)

Talk with the people at the universities she has applied to, given your daughter's credentials, they ought to be able to find money to help her pay for school. (If she is a first-generation college student (meaning that you and your wife didn't go to college) be sure to bring that up.)

i made it 1 2/3 years wife went 2 :wacko:

:wacko: THANKS......i'm takin notes

Seriously, get on this stuff quick.

Go to the webpage of every university she is interested in and look up their information for scholarships and financial aid. You will find that MANY of them offer very good scholarships for students who have your daughter's credentials.

For example:

http://www.gvsu.edu/scholarships/18-presid...n-resident-.htm

Seriously, get on this stuff quick.

Go to the webpage of every university she is interested in and look up their information for scholarships and financial aid. You will find that MANY of them offer very good scholarships for students who have your daughter's credentials.

For example:

http://www.gvsu.edu/scholarships/18-presid...n-resident-.htm

both our computers are smokin :D thanks for the example :wacko:

Ya, so i just found out what College Costs and there's no way in hell We or my daughter gets strapped with that debt :wacko: .....people are tellin me kids owe between 450 - 1200 tacos/month for 20 years :D so while i have some free time i'm diggin inta this bigtime but don't know where ta start :D My Daughter- 32 on her ACT and 16 outta 332 seniors

TIA :D

Check out the education grants/scholarships at The Verizon Foundation, The Gates Foundation, and other organizations like that. Conversely, she could do 1 year of CC and shop around for Scholarships.

Check out the education grants/scholarships at The Verizon Foundation, The Gates Foundation, and other organizations like that. Conversely, she could do 1 year of CC and shop around for Scholarships.

when i drop the name Cliaz should i bring a rake for the money :wacko:

Just found this out:

When talking to schools, do not tell them that you are definitely going to attend their institution. Tell them that you are considering attending them but it will be dependent on how much financial aid/scholarship money/etc. that that schools gives here. The schools are competing for the best students and they will give less money to a student who is going to come there anyway than they would give to a student who is considering going somewhere else.