[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PS3 Owners

'canes2004

Thanks Keg :D but I think I finally found a solution. Get a cable spliter. Split the cable, one end goes to my DVR/TV the second will go to a second modem! Which will then in turn ethernet right into the PS3. Its only an extra 5 bucks a month to add a new modem from my cable company. My 14 year old neighbor gave me the solution and looked at me like I was stupid to not know it in the first place. :D

just checked and I only had a 50' section(brand new unopened package)....I tried to run my PS3 wirelessly and it was :wacko: so I just ended up selling whatever bridge it was I bought on Ebay....now I dont play online or anything and only wanted it to stream movies and then when I found out netflix didnt work I said screw it all...I did end up asking about a 2nd modem and the cable company initially told me I could only have one in the house then after a few minutes they changed their tune and I could have bought one for like $35 and split it like you are going to do....now that netflix is available I might have to revisit that option

Through painful experience, the quality of the router is HUGHLY important in getting the PS3 to play nice on the network. I've gone through cheap, crappy Netgear, Belkin and Linksys routers and always having trouble. Went with H8's suggestion and tried a Buffalo and it worked flawlessly. I now have an Apple Airport Extreme and the PS3 works great, both wireless and wired (how I have it set up now). I play games online often and am now starting to do the netflix bit, both work great. I am also able to stream music/pics/video from my pc through the PS3, very convenient.

In short, get a Buffalo or Apple router and the PS3 will work fine.

Through painful experience, the quality of the router is HUGHLY important in getting the PS3 to play nice on the network. I've gone through cheap, crappy Netgear, Belkin and Linksys routers and always having trouble. Went with H8's suggestion and tried a Buffalo and it worked flawlessly. I now have an Apple Airport Extreme and the PS3 works great, both wireless and wired (how I have it set up now). I play games online often and am now starting to do the netflix bit, both work great. I am also able to stream music/pics/video from my pc through the PS3, very convenient.

In short, get a Buffalo or Apple router and the PS3 will work fine.

Cool, thanks for the info. :wacko: