[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who do you follow in college baseketball?

Chief Dick

I watch the College more the Pro, because they play for the game and the fans, and they want to, not for the moneyAgree? Yes(0) No(0)

Here is a somewhat "heated" debate on the topic, in which I came across as maybe being a little bit harsh towards the NBA.... :wacko:

NBA vs. NCAA hoops

The one thing I do miss about college basketball is the continuity that there used to be, from season to season. It's changed a lot in that we no longer have much of an idea who is coming back to the top programs in the country... Many of the best players leave early. Back in the day, I could pretty much name the starting five for all of the top teams in the country... That's not the case any more, as it seems like we fans have to re-acquaint ourselves with most of the teams each season (not to mention, I have a lot less time to just sit and watch basketball whenever it's on).

Personally, college basketball is still right at the top of my list, in terms of sports I enjoy watching. I'm a bit abnormal, though, in that the NFL and PGA golf are probably the other two in my top three favorite spectator sports. :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Washington isn't very good. I was really surprised that Georgetown just lost on their home floor to Old Dominion!! But either way, Washington has some major flaws. First, they don't have a single guy that is halfway consistent outside of 12 feet. They are young, athletic, they might play perimeter defense as well as any team in the country, but teams are starting to learn to pack the paint on them, and in turn, UW's scoring is way down. They have no inside presence whatsoever (Pondexter is their only decent post player, and he is a 6-6 swingman). The shooting thing is going to kill them. Once more teams realize that if their defensive players don't step a foot ouside the key that Washington is a futile shooting team, it is going to be curtains. We may be one of the better teams in the Pac-10, but that isn't saying much. Certainly nowhere near to as good as they were last year. And no, they aren't the best team in the Pac-10. That would be WSU.

:wacko:

on point as usual

3 teams:

1. Arizona-Grew up in Tucson during the late 80's, used to watch Sean Elliot play in high school. The years with him, Kerr, Lofton, Cook, Tolbert, etc. were fun to watch.

2. Syracuse-Lived Syracuse in early 80's, was at the Carrier Dome when Patrick Ewing would come to town and would get pelted with oranges. Also saw Pearl Washington hit a half court shot at the buzzer to beat Boston College.

3. TCU-We suck now, but I was friends with Kurt Thomas at school and the Frogs had some good years while he was there.

• 2 weeks later...

Washington WAS bad, terrible. What I failed to realize is just how terrible college basketball as a whole is right now, especially the Pac-10. Man, there are just lots of bad, bad teams in that conference. Think about it...of all the oustanding Duke teams we have seen in the last 20 years, this year's team is one of the ones that ends up winning it all? This team?? College basketball is just bad. Almost unwatchably bad. There are literally a handful of teams that can actually score in the halfcourt. That's it. It is just a terrible, terrible product on the court right now. Clunk. Clang! Brick. Travel. This is one of the worst Washington teams I have seen in recent history, and they made the sweet 16? Wow. New Mexico a 3 seed?

And now we want to go to 96 teams? There aren't 20 legit teams in the country, let alone 64. Now we have to find 96? There are going to be some terrible teams in the tournament. Having watched all of UW's games this year, I can say with full confidence that they are a bad team. I'll stand by what I said about them. But the WSU thing? Yeah, I blew that. They're pretty talented, but their coach is just a terrible fit for the level of athletes they get there.

Washington WAS bad, terrible.

They weren't as bad as your pre-season assessment and they were better than your post season rationalization.

Washington was one half away from making it to the elite 8. You predicted Wash St. to win the Pac-10 and they came in last.

Yea, college b-ball was really unpredictable this year. But,it wasn't as unpredictable as your take was just horrendously off-base.

Edited by bushwacked