[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flex options

djryan21

I am not loving the matchup vs. Minn.

I've got Maroney vs. Jets, V. Davis or D.Hester as alternatives.

R.Rice and LT are my other backs. I think Forsett could be a nice sleeper the rest of the way especially with PPR.

Thanks and I'll respond to your thread.

DJR

Ya, you gotta go with Davis before you start the kid.

How did I know when I came in this forum, it was going to be all Forsett, Snelling, and Scott questions.... Should you start any of them? Here's the answer: Not if you have anyone that's been more reliable. These guys are wait-and-see guys, and not ones you should sit starters for, especially not with a matchup like Minnesota.

Anyone with similar questions can refer to this post, because I don't have the time today to keep repeating: Do not sit your normal starters for your newest waiver-wire darling, unless you have no better choices. Wait and see before you go all in on a guy..

Delusions,

Thanks for the post. However, last week Davis went 3-16 and to me is not reliable. Forsett is a back that will get many catches our of the backfield and similar to a Ray Rice. Rice did well vs. Minn earlier.

In any case, I started Forsett and he's got 5 catches in the first half already. Davis just one.

We'll see.

R.White and Gonzo haven't done much for me this week. Need them to rally in the 2nd half

Delusions,

Thanks for the post. However, last week Davis went 3-16 and to me is not reliable. Forsett is a back that will get many catches our of the backfield and similar to a Ray Rice. Rice did well vs. Minn earlier.

In any case, I started Forsett and he's got 5 catches in the first half already. Davis just one.

We'll see.

R.White and Gonzo haven't done much for me this week. Need them to rally in the 2nd half

So this was why Vernon Davis started blowing it up in the second half. Thanks dude... You jinxed yourself by trying to tell me how wrong I was....

Well, at least their performances were pushes in my PPR league, but with them abandoning the run like that vs. a tough D, I still think Vernon Davis was the safer play, and has been for most of the season (especially when playing from behind like that), prior to the 3-16 you mention.... I know you'd said Forsett plays like Rice, but he hasn't been a starter or produced all season like Rice or Davis.

It's not that I dislike Forsett (I actually own both these guys), but the kid hasn't played enough yet to earn my trust over a reliable player (and yes, vernon davis is pretty reliable in this boom/bust type of season).

Glad it worked out fine for ya, but there's no need to come on here to tell me why you went the other way. What I was offering was advice, not the truth (don't sit your studs is good advice though), but thanks for making it the truth by coming on here to tell me how wrong you thought I was...

By the way, if you only play guys like Vernon Davis sometimes, then you'll probably end up starting him for the 3-16-0, and sit him on games like this, 5-106-1. Hence the term, "start your studs" (not your newest waiver-wire darlings) or you will most likely miss out on their big production days.

But I'm glad it worked out, and now I can feel comfortable using Forsett if I need to... And as for your falcon players, glad Gonz had a good game, but ugggh, I don't even want to think about that overtime.