[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

High School Reunions

whomper

My 20 year High school reunion is Friday the 27th. I didnt go to my 10th. I think it is going to be a good time. I reconnected with a lot of people from my class through facebook. A lot of the people I would want to see are going to be there. Aside from RR , who is the Adrian Peterson of Reunions, did you go to yours or are you going to it when it comes up ? If you went, was it a good time ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go to my 10th because I still lived in the same city as my HS at the time and pretty much saw everyone I cared to see as often as I wanted to. By the time my 20th came along, many of us had moved away (including me, xcountry) so it was really a cool homecoming. In fact, I made a 5 day trip of it and hung with my really close friends for a few days.

Very good time to be sure.

I went to my tenth. It was ok. I didn't go to my 20th since the people in charge of organizing it said they couldn't find me. (I suppose they had never heard of the google before.)

Sure bud, keep believing that one, I'm surry they "accidentally" couldn't find the economics professor. :wacko:

I went to my 10th and had a pretty good time. I also went to my 20th and had an absolute blast. At the 10th people were oddly still a little clique-ish like they were in high school, but at the 20th everyone was a lot more relaxed and just open to talking and catching up with everyone. My graduating class was a decent size - arouund 320 people, but everybody pretty much knew everyone else since the town we lived in wasn't all that big. All in all, I would say that the weekend of our 20th reunion was one of the best weekends ever. Lots of laughs, partying, golfing, and catching up. Great time!

Sure bud, keep believing that one, I'm surry they "accidentally" couldn't find the economics professor. :wacko:

yep--the funny thing is that the person who organized the reunion friended me on facebook about a week after the reunion was held

:D

Edited by wiegie

i went to an all male catholic hs. was like a big fraternity. went to my 10th and my 20th in 07. while i don't speak with everyone all of the time, it is always good to see them. when i lived in the area i used to bump into people often. it is actually one of the things i miss a bit about being out here. we have a pretty strong community.

i went to an all male catholic hs. was like a big fraternity. went to my 10th and my 20th in 07. while i don't speak with everyone all of the time, it is always good to see them. when i lived in the area i used to bump into people often. it is actually one of the things i miss a bit about being out here. we have a pretty strong community.

Amazingly I found footage of this

Edited by whomper

Didn't bother to go to my 20th. I'm not really fond of any of the kids I went to school with.

Now, in fariness, I actually enjoyed my HS years and had plenty of friends who I stayed in touch with. However, the thing that amazed me about my 20th is how genuinely nice and, for the most part, totally interesting so many of the people were. Even those who, going into the evening I never much cared about or for during school and certainly hadn't thought about once since. They were all so pleasant.

Now, in fariness, I actually enjoyed my HS years and had plenty of friends who I stayed in touch with. However, the thing that amazed me about my 20th is how genuinely nice and, for the most part, totally interesting so many of the people were. Even those who, going into the evening I never much cared about or for during school and certainly hadn't thought about once since. They were all so pleasant.

I wish I could say the same. Now in all fairness, I havn't spoken to 99% of my graduating class in 20 years, but I can still remember the overwhelming majority of them sporting the Union Jack/shotgun in the window and throwing the N word around like it was the cool thing to do. I come from a lumberjack town in Oregon and watching them torture the 3 black kids there entire tenure was something that made my stomach turn.

Went to my 10th and it was awesome. I kept a pretty close circle of friends in HS, most of which I kept in touch with after HS and through college and just after, but some of the "fringe" guys and gals moved away and we lost contact. So, since Facebook wasn't around yet, it was an incredible way of getting back in touch with those people. I ended up moving back to my old stomping grounds and the majority of my "close circle" was either living out of state or had a family. So it was a good chance to get closer to those "semi-friends", who ended up becoming close friends.

My 20th will be in 2012 and I assume I'll go again. Things will be quite different between 10 and 20. Back in 2002, I was a big-time partier and reconnecting with those fringe friends increased the party lifestyle. By the time 2012 rolls around, I'll be knocking on the door of 40 and will likely have a little one. It'll still be great to connect with all my friends.

Edited by darin3

Went to my 10th and had an ok time, but the wife hated every minute of it. We graduated from the same class and she wanted nothing to do with it. I don't see any way she would sign off on going to the 20th, even though we live across the country now and it would probably be a better time.

I've heard from many that the 20th is much more fun than the 10th FWIW.

My 20 year High school reunion is Friday the 27th. I didnt go to my 10th. I think it is going to be a good time. I reconnected with a lot of people from my class through facebook. A lot of the people I would want to see are going to be there. Aside from RR , who is the Adrian Peterson of Reunions, did you go to yours or are you going to it when it comes up ? If you went, was it a good time ?

You say crap like that and you know I HAVE to post! :D

In a nutshell, the 10th is everyone trying to impress everyone w/ what they do for a living, who they married, where they live, how big their house is, yada,yada. The 20th. no one gave a chit, 'cept for "LET'S PARTY!!!!". If John can find it I had a great story about Joe "Beard" pulling a knife on me like 8th grade and how we just drank together and had a blast all night.

Go, Have fun, Enjoy. I know I have and our next one is our 43rd.! :wacko: