[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christmas cards

Kid Cid

There is nothing quite as painful to me as sending out Christmas cards. The holiday in general brings me more pain than joy but I bravely sit down and write pablum an inanity in these things to keep other people happy every year. This year, I will be sending out one extra card and I ask that you do the same. Please send a card to our wounded soldiers at Walter Reed hospital. It's a small price on your part but it will do a world of good to let them know they haven't been forgotten.

A Recovering American Soldier

c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center

6900 Georgia Avenue NW

Washington , D.C. 20307-5001.

There is nothing quite as painful to me as sending out Christmas cards. The holiday in general brings me more pain than joy but I bravely sit down and write pablum an inanity in these things to keep other people happy every year. This year, I will be sending out one extra card and I ask that you do the same. Please send a card to our wounded soldiers at Walter Reed hospital. It's a small price on your part but it will do a world of good to let them know they haven't been forgotten.

6900 Georgia Avenue NW

Interesting you should post this... the wife just sent me a link to a Let's Say Thanks, which will send a card for you, from what I understand.

Any reaching out to our troops now that the holidays are upon us is beyond important.

6900 Georgia Avenue NW

Interesting you should post this... the wife just sent me a link to a Let's Say Thanks, which will send a card for you, from what I understand.

Any reaching out to our troops now that the holidays are upon us is beyond important.

We'll do both. Thanks for the post! :wacko:

In addition to cards, does anyone here prepare a letter summarizing your family's year? Those are always fun to read.

My wife wants to do that this year. *sigh* :D

One of the best ideas I've heard of in a long time. Thanks for the info KC. I told my wife and she plans on sending out several.

I wonder if the Admins. could pin this so other people will see it and can remember it as the holidays approach. Plus it's great to have the addy available.

Big John?

One of the best ideas I've heard of in a long time. Thanks for the info KC. I told my wife and she plans on sending out several.

I wonder if the Admins. could pin this so other people will see it and can remember it as the holidays approach. Plus it's great to have the addy available.

Big John?

I agree! Others can post other places for good causes. Good idea canes! :tup;

I am of the mind that cards in general are an incredible waste of resources, especially in this electronic age. But, I get the whole holiday spirit thing so I will be sending them, reluctantly. I used to send them to everyone we knew, but have cut down the list considerably over the last few years.

I'll be sending one to the vets, KC. Thanks for the info!

Uh Oh. I was looking for something to add to my Facebook page and found this. One of several websites saying to NOT do this.

Do Not Send Christmas Cards

Now, I'm confused. Gonna keep doing some more research on this. Just don't have enough time this morning.

Maybe some Huddlers who hang around during the day could do some leg work and find a solution or maybe something else we can do along these lines.

I did find this real quick from the Red Cross.

Holidays Mail Heroes

Edited by 'canes2004