[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers = Fantasy king of this year

42zero

Rodgers has been a fantasy football dream this year. He has more fantasy points that anyone right now and the best part about it is how consistent he has been. He consistently puts up about 25 points every week for my team. Matter of fact, the first game of the season was the only game he put up less than 20 points. I couldn't be happier with my 4th round pick that I was targeting before the draft. Thank you Rodgers for leading my team to the #1 spot in my league I currently sit in. O yea and thank you Simms-Walker too. What a dream free agency pickup he has been. I will take the consistent nice numbers that these 2 put up week to week over the players that put up huge numbers one week then disappear the next any day.

That's what really amazes me - Grant is only a so-so RB and the OL blows, but he's still putting up the pts.

Imagine if him and Favre swapped teams :wacko:

yep, and dont forget, Jennings is not up to snuff this year either....i hate to do it, but here i go.....if it were Favre throwing to these nobody's,

they'd be household names already...i dont care one way or another - i like favre - just tossin it out there for reaction...

Vikes have a middle of the road O Line. They do play a lot better then the Pack in pass protection, but a lot of it is the way Brett moves around in the pocket and gets rid of the ball the second before the rush gets to him. I can't even count how many touchdowns The Silver fox has celebrated on his ass this year.

Aaron still has a long way to go in that respect, and to say he's better then Favre when he hasn't even won a playoff game yet leads me to ask you two questions. What are you smoking and how can I get it?

Edited by griff321

Vikes have a middle of the road O Line.

McKinney, Hutchinson, and Loadholt are all way better than middle of the road, possibly even elite in the NFL. The TE's are solid in protection. The Center and Right Guard are possibly middle of the road, but add them all up and you've got a VERY good OL.

Vikes have a middle of the road O Line. They do play a lot better then the Pack in pass protection, but a lot of it is the way Brett moves around in the pocket and gets rid of the ball the second before the rush gets to him. I can't even count how many touchdowns The Silver fox has celebrated on his ass this year.

Aaron still has a long way to go in that respect, and to say he's better then Favre when he hasn't even won a playoff game yet leads me to ask you two questions. What are you smoking and how can I get it?

lol @ middle of the road OL. Riiiight.

And I didn't say Rodgers has had a better career. I said right now he is a better QB. Get it now?

how did this become about brett farve. i thought this tread was about a. rodgers?

Because it's all about Favre. Where you been?

McKinney, Hutchinson, and Loadholt are all way better than middle of the road, possibly even elite in the NFL. The TE's are solid in protection. The Center and Right Guard are possibly middle of the road, but add them all up and you've got a VERY good OL.

Hutchinson is the only Pro Bowler on the line. McKinney is the most overrated LT in the NFL and he has to always have help against elite pass rush. Loadholt makes way too many rookie mistakes to be considered elite this year. Herrera is more of a solid back-up/journeyman. Sullivan is a toss up. All I know about him is he looks like an umpa lumpa. Really though Sulli is very smart and is mostly making all the right line calls but he also has Brett to help him there. My major gripe with him is physicality and that's mostly in the run. The Sauce is a very good blocking TE but he is getting old and it's showing. Like I said I think a lot of what they do is because they have one of the best blocking backs in CT and Brett gets the ball out fast where Rodgers holds the ball way too long.

Watch them in the run block and how most of ADs yards are not from him running through designed holes.

Hutchinson is the only Pro Bowler on the line. McKinney is the most overrated LT in the NFL and he has to always have help against elite pass rush. Loadholt makes way too many rookie mistakes to be considered elite this year. Herrera is more of a solid back-up/journeyman. Sullivan is a toss up. All I know about him is he looks like an umpa lumpa. Really though Sulli is very smart and is mostly making all the right line calls but he also has Brett to help him there. My major gripe with him is physicality and that's mostly in the run. The Sauce is a very good blocking TE but he is getting old and it's showing. Like I said I think a lot of what they do is because they have one of the best blocking backs in CT and Brett gets the ball out fast where Rodgers holds the ball way too long.

Watch them in the run block and how most of ADs yards are not from him running through designed holes.

This is awesome. 9 games and already Favre has worked his magic on the minds of Viking fans.

HAHAHA. Maybe a little, but the fact remains that the unit is middle of the road. They're 13th for most QB hits given up with 48, 17th for most sacks with 21, and they've allowed something like 30 rushes to go for a loss with the best RB in the NFL. Maybe if Birk was still here they'd be a bit better but he was in the decline as well.

I think a year or two down the road this unit will be among the Elite but that's certainly not the case this year.

64.8% Completion Rating, 2,788 Yards, 19 TDs, 5 INTs...

Showing what a real Pac-10 QB looks like in the NFL :D

(Cue Harrington, Akili, Leaf, Plummer, Boller jokes)

John Elway? :wacko:

This is awesome. 9 games and already Favre has worked his magic on the minds of Viking fans.

10 games with very little offseason action

216-310 69.7%

2,482yds

21 TD versus 3 INT

112.1 passer rating

You're right. Smoke and mirrors. This guy sucks. Get him out of there and put Jackson in! :wacko:

Sadly there's more "bust" NFL QBs coming from the Pac-10 than elite ones. But the elite ones definitely stand out: Rodgers, Palmer, Bledsoe, Aikman, Elway....

Eh, IMO there are more "busts" than elite from any conference, position, etc etc you care to name. :wacko: