[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bon Jovi

matt770

I'm not going to elevate the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame to say, the NFL or MLB HOFs, but if they induct Bon Jovi, it will greatly diminish their credibility in my opinion. And I was blown away by what Jon-Bon said on the Today Show last week when asked about being inducted.

:D

Video is entitled Bon Jovi: ‘No ground rules’ on documentary about a quarter of the way down.

We intend to be [inducted], because in all honesty, we'd like to be part of Elvis' and the Beatles' and the Stone's history. And we've sold a lot of records and influenced another generation of fans, and the music has got staying power. The Songwriter's Hall of Fame was really quite a compliment this year and hopefully the band will be in the Rock Hall next.

:wacko:

Are you f'n kidding me???? To even mention yourself in the same sentence as the greatest artists of all time -- dude, stop thinking that women shrieking at you equates with credibility. We all know how hard you work, you mention it every chance you get. You even wrote a song about it, complete with a video where you look exhausted on your tour bus. I thought that was ridiculous, but it doesn't compare to openly lobbying for the highest honor your industry can bestow.

Granted I've always thought he was a complete tool, but I will concede he has talent. He made some nice radio songs in the 80's and who doesn't miss the chicks in tight jeans and suede boots and 10-inch hair? But someone show me the great groundbreaking albums he wrote that challenged or progressed the genre. Give me a break, seriously. [/rant]

Here's a review that talks about his HOF posturing.

Well, I do understand what you are saying, but the Beatles, Elvis, and Stones are all artists that came in and turned the music world to what it is today. True pioneers. Granted, above and beyond Jovi. But in the last 25 years there is only a handful of artists that have done what they have done. Stay relevant thru all the different music changes, i.e., Rap, grunge, boy bands, etc. I am a big fan, so I do hope they get inducted. In my opinion, they should based on thier catalog of music. Tell me honostly that there's not a BJ song that you don't hear anywhere there's a crowd. I know you're not a fan, but really think about it. And of course I don't think that is the only reason for getting rock & roll's highest honor, but they have stood the test of time. And they're still rockin with sold out tours everywhere they go in the world. So Jon saying and thinking they belong with the "ROCK GODS" then he would have to say Elvis, Stones, and the Beatles in the same breath for they will be enshrined with them.

Sing along, I know you know more than a few songs.

I have never understood the appeal with Bon Jovi.

I regularly watch the show "Inside the Actors Studio" with James Lipton - they bring in prestigious and up and coming actors to talk about their lives and their careers to a few hundred method acting students at Pace University. They'll talk to them for hours and hours, but the show is cut down to an hour. I've greatly enjoyed learning about the lives of people like Robin Williams, Matt Damon, Billy Crystal, Michael J Fox, Deniro, the list goes on and on...

I was very saddened to see their latest guest was Bon Jovi. I deleted it from my DVR without even hitting play.

:wacko:

I never had a problem with Bon Jovi, and their music was, for better or worse, part of my formative years (mid-80's)...and they are still doing their thing today.

Like Phins mentioned, if you look at the last quarter century of music, I can't think of many other artists that have stood as tall as they have.

And to make you feel even worse than you already do....Madonna will likely be joining them at the appropriate time.

It's somewhat relative to the generation you grew up in... I, for the life of me don't get "The Who" or "Bob Dylan" or "Blue Oyster Cult" or "AC/DC"... (just kidding on the last one :wacko: ) but when your gettin' your dipstick wet as a teen in the back of a car, in part, simply because their music is playing in the background... they're GODS!

They're right there as a staple of the times, which puts them in a category of deserved entries.

"Next to the SEX PISTOLS rock and roll and that hall of fame is a piss stain," the statement read. "Your museum. Urine in wine. Were not coming. Were not your monkey and so what?"

The statement slammed Hall of Fame voters as "music industry people," and excoriated the high price of attending the exclusive event -- $25,000 for a table, "or $15,000 to squeak up in the gallery."

It concluded, "Your not paying attention. Outside the manure-stem is a real SEX PISTOL."

Is this that famous 'Canes sarcasm we hear so much about? :wacko:

LOL. No I seriously love Journey. I professed my love for them when we had that one thread about our guilty pleasures. I've been getting flack for it for years but my man crush for Steve Perry still holds true to this day. :D

Living in NJ I have seen Bon Jovi a bunch of times. I saw him at Giants stadium many moons ago. I have to say it was a great show. Its like a greatest hits concert. Yes he is tied to the hair bands and certainly has his share of cheesy tunes but they are much more authentic than a lot of the trash from that era. Richie Sambora is a terrific guitar player and singer.If the Rock n Roll hall of fame accepts commercial pop type bands that write hits and not just deep less pop type of bands than Bon Jovi should get a nod.

LOL. No I seriously love Journey. I professed my love for them when we had that one thread about our guilty pleasures. I've been getting flack for it for years but my man crush for Steve Perry still holds true to this day. :wacko:

I think Bon Jovi and Journey are very comparable - both sold a ton of albums and had a ton of hits, but I don't know that they were truly "great" artists; great art is NOT dependent on commercial success....unless you think Twilight and Dan Brown are masterworks of modern literature (hint: they aren't).