[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

BeeR

For starters, I don't mind the dark at all. I wouldn't want 12 months of it, but I dig the change. In my biz, it's actually an asset. Both my restaurants are angled so, during the summer, we have to contend with blinding light at sunset. So much so that you have to pull all the blinds in the store-front. It's nice to have the sun down by service time in the winter so we can leave them open. Also, a restaurant always looks better at night than it does at dusk.

Because my wife and I landscape pretty heavily, I enjoy the break when everything goes dormant. That coincides nicely with it being nasty enough outside that all you want to do is hang out with a bowl of stew or some such.

Which brings me to my last point. As a chef, I sort of feel like winter is a more interesting time to do my job. In the summer, you're just trying to stay out of the way. Slice some tomatoes, drizzle olive oil on them, and call it a dish. In the winter you're coaxing tasty meals out of root veggies and braising meats.

Oh, one more, I love sleeping in a warm bed inside a cold room. In the summer, you're just laying there on top of the covers looking for relief that isn't to be found. Not so in winter when you just pile the comforters up and tuck yourself in. That's some good sleeping.

1. The smell of freshly cut grass
  2. A cold beverage after working up a good sweat outside
  3. The beach
  4. Cookouts
  5. Frisbee
  6. Outdoor concerts
  7. Thunderstorms
  8. Girls in shorts and flip-flops (8th on my list, I'm getting old :D )
  9. Sex with the windows open (9th :D )
  10. Trees/shrubs/flowers green/blooming

Fok winter. :wacko:

We get 4 months of winter up here in Montana. November through February. It does get depressing at times.

My goal this winter is golf at least once per week through the winter months. The coldest I have yet to play is around 33 degrees last Friday. The ball does not fly as far in the cold, but it beats sitting on my butt at home.

I love winter for many reason but most of all because it keeps the southern pussies in the south. We need to get back to the old school winters up here that started in late October. Christ its 55 degrees today on November 24th. there should be 2 feet of snow and a high of 30. Ice fishen will not happen till January at this rate.

You hate skiing/snowboarding?

Have you ever been to a decent mountain? Obviously, you don't have one close to you, so it's a serious vacation to go.

Almost everyone I know loves riding the snow on a nice day at a great mountain with a quality surface. I suspect that you've never given it a chance or you've only ridden near you.

That's why they moved to Colorado. Been there. The mountains are cool, still had no interest in skiing/snowboarding.

Then again, I have no interest in surfing but wouldn't mind spending all my time on the beach :wacko: .

When there's enough powder, you feel like you're floating on air like the Greatest American Hero... only not as crashy.

That made me LOL.

And, no, I've never even tried it, but have no interest. Thogh hanging out in a pub in Colorado interests me.

Yeah, but you have to live around people that think John Elway is some kind of hero....fuggedaboutit.

not necessarily...

:wacko:

next time you're out here, post up. The Huddle locals love to host and drink beer.

look at newbopie playing julie from love boat!

but he's right, we love to meet huddlers and drink it up......i happen to know a lot of slopeside bars/pubs.

I spent four years in Boston.

The Northerner's Lie? I love a change of seasons.

I hated winter in Boston. It's gray death all day and it's night at 4:30. Why are people in the north known for being rude? Because winter sucks the life and happiness out of them.

I'm from the North and lived in AZ and so confirmed that I DO LOVE the change of seasons. AZ = hot and hotter. God it sucked.

However that isn't to say I want to freeze my yatabay off either. I like it just kinda chilly in winter, pref w/some modest snow here and there to make it purty ie as opposed to brown grass and bare trees the whole time.

Edited by BeeR