[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nate Robinson from NY Knicks

MrTed46

According to the N.B.A. rulebook, if a player intentionally shoots at the opponent’s basket, it results in a turnover, but no points. (The rules do allow for accidental tip-ins.)

It’s spelled out in Rule 5, Section 1e: “It is a violation for a player to attempt a field goal at an opponent’s basket. The opposing team will be awarded the ball at the free-throw line extended.”

Robinson’s shot -– a 3-point try that swished — was immediately irrelevant because he released it after the buzzer sounded to end the first quarter.

NY Times

According to the N.B.A. rulebook, if a player intentionally shoots at the opponent’s basket, it results in a turnover, but no points. (The rules do allow for accidental tip-ins.)

It’s spelled out in Rule 5, Section 1e: “It is a violation for a player to attempt a field goal at an opponent’s basket. The opposing team will be awarded the ball at the free-throw line extended.”

Robinson’s shot -– a 3-point try that swished — was immediately irrelevant because he released it after the buzzer sounded to end the first quarter.

NY Times

And you just know, YOU JUST KNOW, he'll state the exact same thing in his defense. He knew it all along he'll say. I can't wait.

Isn't it strange that in basketball, according to the above terminology, you're shooting at "your own basket"? In soccer and hockey aren't you shooting at "the opponent's goal"? And in football you're trying to get the ball in the opponent's endzone.

NY Times

Regardless you don't do that. I do't care what the rule book says woulda happened, you owe it to your fans to have some decency.

Knicks still have a team?

Well they have like 9 tall guys who show up at the garden , put on uniforms that say Knicks , go out and normally lose , and then go back to the locker room and chant "lebron James in 2010 , Lebron James in 2010 " over and over

Edited by isleseeya

Not a respectable one, they almost missed the game in LA last night. They were "stuck" in traffic and showed up only hr before game tiem which barely gave them enough time to settle in and go play.

This organization is a joke.

But they won right?

Isn't it strange that in basketball, according to the above terminology, you're shooting at "your own basket"? In soccer and hockey aren't you shooting at "the opponent's goal"? And in football you're trying to get the ball in the opponent's endzone.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. In every sport I can think of, the goal you're defending is "yours". Why is basketball different?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. In every sport I can think of, the goal you're defending is "yours". Why is basketball different?

I am thinking that basketball is more based on offense and high scoring and the rules are setup to encourage that, such as no goaltending for instance. So it may be that your goal is to put the ball in it rather than to defend your goal.