[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rex Ryan

Big Ernie McCracken

How about Mangini crying about DET supposedly having fake injuries?

Or Todd Haley hanging stupid 'motivational' signs in the lockerroom after LJ ripped him on twitter?

While McDaniels has made some mistakes (calling out the SD LBs? dumb.), these baffoons make McD look like a HoF coach.

You're right, they all suck.

Taken out of context, he was asked if he felt disrespected he did not come out and say it. Media sucks..

another wasted post

+1

Further, he also made a point of saying it was their job to stop them as well as threw a bit of smack out there saying that he was glad they went at Revis because they weren't going to get any that way.

"We need to stop them anyway, so it's no biggie, but I was surprised, and I did feel a little bit disrespected," Ryan said.

Alternate answer "We need to stop them anyway, so it's no biggie."

Ryan chose to start his head coaching career by talking smack with opposing players and I felt then that it was poor judgement. A head coaches job isn't to create bulletin board material for other teams, especially when you're not the one suiting up and letting said player take his anger out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...anning-crowder/

And then to have Miami hang 60+ and lose both games.

Maybe Ryan should pay attention to how some of the more succesful coaches choose their words.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...w-its-gonna-be/

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

"We need to stop them anyway, so it's no biggie, but I was surprised, and I did feel a little bit disrespected," Ryan said.

But the question was "Did you feel disrespected?"

It's not like he was asked how he felt and he said that. There is a difference when you are baited into an answer, besides I see nothing wrong on how he answered it. He even made humor of it (which is not in article) mentioning Welker. He said something like at least it didnt go to Welker we couldnt cover him.

:wacko:

I think you don't answer that question. "Baited" really isn't a viable excuse.

But as I stated, he didn't answer it badly. Hoenstly, he spoke his mind what's the big deal? He also threw in humor at the end, its not like he was crying about it (no pun). And yes, baited is a viable exuse because u answer a question honestly without realizing they are going to take bits and pieces out of your language so people like Earnie can post here.

I heard his whole interview and as a NY Homer I do not think it was as bad as I read it. I am surprised the media is hyping this up.

ETA: and I usually rip the NY coaches so I am not leniant on them at all

Edited by MrTed46

:wacko:

I think you don't answer that question. "Baited" really isn't a viable excuse.

So, they ask you "did you feel disrespected". How, specifically, do you go about not answering? "No comment?" "Next question?" "I'm not going to answer that"?

Any of the above reads, "Yes I felt disrespected" and everyone would be slamming him for that.

Instead he took the opportunity to throw a barb at a rival. Can't see why that's crying.

I am surprised the media is hyping this up.

Are you kidding? It's the media. They live for making stories out of non-stories. See this isn't about the sport, it's about "entertainment" :wacko: OK off soapbox sorry...

But cmon Ryan, you should realize it's just Bilicheat being Bilicheat.

At his Monday press conference, Jets coach Rex Ryan was asked his thoughts on the attempted pass. He used the question to again promote Revis and to compliment Wes Welker.

“I looked at that as an opportunity for us," Ryan said. "Throw it up deep. Our guy is going to come down with it more than your guy is. If they want to throw it up to Revis, that's great. If they would have thrown it up to Welker again, I would have had a problem with it."

Ryan was then asked if he felt the play was disrespectful.

“Yes, but that's why I called the timeout at the end of the game, (to) give our team another chance,” Ryan said. “It was surprising. Again, things happen. [bill] Belichick, I don't even know how much he had to do with it more than that might have been something that Brady or Moss wanted to do. We need to stop them anyway, so it's no biggie, but I was surprised. I did feel a little bit disrespected.”

Until next year.

from Boston.com

People rip BB for not commenting and now they rip Ryan for commenting. huh.

In this case, he probably should have taken a lesson from BB and said something like,

'The game wasn't over yet. Play till the time runs out...' or some such.

Ryan was definitely pissed, as could be seen on TV. AND the timeout he called with 5 seconds left

was in direct response to the long pass.

Oh, and one other thing, kind of important...the jets rushed 7 players on that play.

It probably wouldn't have been a story at all if there wasn't the whole crying in the lockerroom thing last week. Buddy Ryan is always going to be good for a sound bite and the press knows it.

I agree, but whatever happened to the Vince Lombardi rule, what happens in this locker room stays in this locker room...ahh good old days.