[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wanting to trade Forte--Possibly for Addai or Kevin Smith

Swinagen

Hey guys,

I'm in a 16-man PPR league and picked up Forte midway through the year in a buy-low deal. Thing is, we're getting close to the trade deadline and I'm already well-aware of his tough schedule, especially during the playoff weeks (I'm currently second in the league with a 7-4 record with about ten guys RIGHT behind me). Should I trade Forte to one of my buddies for Kevin Smith, or possibly Addai? He owns both runningbacks and already voiced a willingness to trade with me. Or should I just stay pat and rough it out with Forte?

In short, which runningback has a better shot at getting me more points in these crucial next couple of weeks?

Forte has almost zero value right now in anything but a PPR scoring format ... I guess he might produce a little more down the stretch as the weather turns bad in Chicago, but "a little more" production is hardly worth keeping him in your lineup.

The only reason I'd be leery of Smith is the latter's injury history ... and Addai would certainly be a major upgrade over Forte (PPR scoring or not) but will IND begin to rest their starters (including Addai) with 2-3 games left in the regular season?

Bottom line - either deal looks like a possible improvement for you ... there is some risk with either Addai or Smith, but given the next to nothing that Forte has done this season, I'd be willing to take that risk.

... So, if you had to pick one over the other, who would it be?

Remaining schedules thru week #16:

DET >> GBP, CIN, BAL, ARZ, SFO

IND >> HOU, TEN, DEN, JAX, NYJ

... so the SoS remaining favors the Colts (thus Addai) but I'd still be concerned about him resting for some or all of the week 14-16 games. Smith (when reasonably healthy) seems to manage to generate respectable FF points almost regardless of the match up, so I guess I'd take a shot with him ... he can hardly be worse than Forte has been I suppose.