[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Navy SEALS going on trial for throwing a punch at terrorist

BeeR

I was arrested for MiP two days after getting back from Desert Storm. On top of the full civilian punishment, I was restricted to the ship for 60 days and had my pay cut for 90. A far worse punishment would be to leave them at Little Creek. Not sure what their is to be outraged about.

We are a Have to agree here! nation waiting for the Have to agree here! news feed.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are confusing a snatch and grab SEAL mission with a police arrest.A guy responsible for the brutal deaths of the Blackwater men gets a bloody lip during his capture.Well that's too damn bad.

The fact that instead of being happy about this guys capture,some are more concerned that the poor lad received a bloody lip during his capture.That speaks volumes.

Sad.

Isn't it military personnel who are charging these Navy Seals? Are the military personnel who are bringing charges forward any less deserving of our respect than the Navy Seals who have been charged?

All military people are heroes :wacko: unless Fox News or Rushbeck say they aren't.

You guys are confusing a snatch and grab SEAL mission with a police arrest.A guy responsible for the brutal deaths of the Blackwater men gets a bloody lip during his capture.Well that's too damn bad.

The fact that instead of being happy about this guys capture,some are more concerned that the poor lad received a bloody lip during his capture.That speaks volumes.

Sad.

That would be neat except you have it all wrong. Accodring to the Navy Times, they kicked his a$$ after capturing him, that's what "whilehe was detained" means. That's against Navy policy and they should be punished. They could have kicked his a$$ while capturing him and nobody would have said a thing.

That would be neat except you have it all wrong. Accodring to the Navy Times, they kicked his a$$ after capturing him, that's what "whilehe was detained" means. That's against Navy policy and they should be punished. They could have kicked his a$$ while capturing him and nobody would have said a thing.

You should know by now Club to NEVER derail a good conservative rant with facts.

So it sounds like they made false statements about the incident. I was never in the military, but lying to superior officers about some alleged wrongdoing is probably enough to get your ass in the brig.

Man! Thank God someone posted a non-Fox News link to this story before a lot of people got all worked up without all the facts.

Man! Thank God someone posted a non-Fox News link to this story before a lot of people got all worked up without all the facts.

Don't worry, they'll still get worked up WITH the facts.

Just so I have this straight. We've got Fox on one side and that anti-war commie rag The Navy Times on the other. Certainly there must be some news source in the middle who could just give us the story minus agenda?

I believe those facts were in the fox story as well.

I didn't read the Fox link. You're telling me someone read the facts and still got them wrong?

Maybe it's because of this title:

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

:wacko: Really? That's what they are facing assault charges for? Sounds like that's completely different from the story.

Fox is garbage. Plain and simple.

On another board, for suggesting that it's probably bad for our soldiers to slug detainees and lie to their superiors, the reaction came back:

- I am on the side of the terrorists

- I am not a man

- I wouldn't DARE say that in front of my friends and relatives who were in the military.

Ah, those logical and reasonable right-wingers.

http://community.sportsbubbler.com/forums/...spx?PageIndex=1

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

I don't go to CNN, MSNBC, or Fox for my news. However, when atomic posted that this was the title of the Fox 'News' story, I went to check it out for myself.

The fact that people still frequent a site like Fox is beyond me. I look forward to the defense of this headline.

I didn't read the Fox link. You're telling me someone read the facts and still got them wrong?

Maybe it's because of this title:

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for After Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

Only one word off. Close enough for government work. :wacko:

Here I go again, jumping into a controversy. I have heard this from several sources, two of which are extremely reliable.

The Navy Seal sharpshooters that killed the pirates holding the Captain of the Maersk Alabama hostage apparently acted with only the order of the Captain on the naval ship they were on, which outraged the White House and upper brass, even though the White House took credit for the incident.

As I said, I have heard this from two sources who should know and several others. Whether it is true or not, it is certainly an opinion running rampant through the military. They think the charging of these Navy Seals for basically "slapping'" is payback for the supposed unauthorized (from upper brass) Seals rescue of the Maersk Captain. Sort of a "We're going to tell you who is boss," statement.

I have also heard (but have no really good source for this) that the General (his name escapes me) who made a statement after the Fort Hood massacre about his concern about diversity in the military was expressing a prevailing opinion of the top dogs. The people I talk to think there should be no political correctness in the armed forces.

Here I go again, jumping into a controversy. I have heard this from several sources, two of which are extremely reliable.

The Navy Seal sharpshooters that killed the pirates holding the Captain of the Maersk Alabama hostage apparently acted with only the order of the Captain on the naval ship they were on, which outraged the White House and upper brass, even though the White House took credit for the incident.

As I said, I have heard this from two sources who should know and several others. Whether it is true or not, it is certainly an opinion running rampant through the military. They think the charging of these Navy Seals for basically "slapping'" is payback for the supposed unauthorized (from upper brass) Seals rescue of the Maersk Captain. Sort of a "We're going to tell you who is boss," statement.

I have also heard (but have no really good source for this) that the General (his name escapes me) who made a statement after the Fort Hood massacre about his concern about diversity in the military was expressing a prevailing opinion of the top dogs. The people I talk to think there should be no political correctness in the armed forces.

Lady.Hawke: lock for fisherman of the year 2010 at thehuddle.....

I can just see the conversation now.

Reliable insiders: Lady.hawke, we've chosen you for a very important task.

Lady.hawke: I'm flattered. What do you need me to do?

Reliable insiders: We are going to share with you very classified and controversial info about the underbelly of the US Gov't and military. You need to take this info and spam on-line football message boards with it. Can you handle this mission?

Lady.hawke: Is there exhaustive research involved?

Reliable insiders: More than you'll ever know.

Lady.hawke: I'm down! Let's start some chight!