[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Navy SEALS going on trial for throwing a punch at terrorist

BeeR

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as one of the above sources just sent me a link to a transcript of two callers recently to the Rush Limbaugh show. Laugh all you want, but the second caller seems to be describing what I tried to tell you:

it is incredibly awesome that not only did Rush's show describe what you tried to tell us, but that Rush himself used almost the exact same language that you used when describing what happened

RUSH: So let me cut to the chase here. So what I think I hear you saying is the blowback that you mentioned is, this is payback for the SEALs violating the ROE on this captain of the Maersk; and this is the chain of command reasserting itself, letting everybody know who's boss and what's going to happen to you if you don't follow orders?

The Navy Seal sharpshooters that killed the pirates holding the Captain of the Maersk Alabama hostage apparently acted with only the order of the Captain on the naval ship they were on, which outraged the White House and upper brass, even though the White House took credit for the incident.

As I said, I have heard this from two sources who should know and several others. Whether it is true or not, it is certainly an opinion running rampant through the military. They think the charging of these Navy Seals for basically "slapping'" is payback for the supposed unauthorized (from upper brass) Seals rescue of the Maersk Captain. Sort of a "We're going to tell you who is boss," statement.

(Although I must admit that this similarity is not nearly as interesting as the coincidence in which the "random" excerpt you pulled from the 700 page Kim Wong Ark supreme court ruling was exactly the same excerpt that appears in more than three dozen other websites (peculiar ellipsis and all).)

it is incredibly awesome that not only did Rush's show describe what you tried to tell us, but that Rush himself used almost the exact same language that you used when describing what happened

(Although I must admit that this similarity is not nearly as interesting as the coincidence in which the "random" excerpt you pulled from the 700 page Kim Wong Ark supreme court ruling was exactly the same excerpt that appears in more than three dozen other websites (peculiar ellipsis and all).)

And what was the exact language Rush used that I used? Or almost the same? It seems that someone was just talking about the same thing. It seems that it just proves my point that, true or not, it is being discussed.

Regarding Wong Kim Ark, my only point in whatever passage I quoted was to show that the Supreme Court actually discussed the "natural born" language issue BEFORE they deemed that Wong Kim Ark was simply a citizen, and not natural born. I did that in case you might have argued that the court did not consider the actual language in the Constitution. Why is that so hard for you to understand? (For the thread cops, Wiegie brought this over, I did not.)

Sometimes sources cannot be named, for their own protection. I would not have mentioned anything, except that I heard the same thing from two different people on the same day. One of them is a retired Navy Seal, the other is a defense industry executive. One of those is a relative.

I expected some vigorous discussion of the theory. I admit that I did not expect the nastiness.

Well, I expect that I will receive some more, as one of the above sources just sent me a link to a transcript of two callers recently to the Rush Limbaugh show. Laugh all you want, but the second caller seems to be describing what I tried to tell you:

Navy Seals charged

My only point ever was that this is being discussed in the military, and that cannot be good, true or not.

Mental note:

Feel free to use callers into national talk radio shows as solid sources for any future argument.

:wacko: