[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is your waiver wire over?

Liverlips

Never been in a league where the waiver wire ends. Trade dealine yes but waiver wire end. Never heard of that. what would you do if there was an injury to both your QB's in week 12. Have no QB for the rest of the season and playoffs.

Yeah, perhaps this is a post about THIS WEEK'S waiver wire / free agent pickups being done. If not, you're right, that's pretty lame. :wacko:

I am in a league where my waiver wire ended last Friday. Witten is now questionable and Heap is my backup. I am screwed. It definitely adds a lot of strategy when you have to back everyone up.

Sounds like a dumb league to me. That's not adding strategy, that's inflicting pain and torture. That doesn't make any sense what so ever.

So long as the rules are such that in non-keeper leagues, non-playoff teams can't make moves, and that in keeper/dynasty leagues they can, then no reason for it to end, though I do understand the sentiment of rolling with the team that got you there and why some leagues would freeze rosters (trades and pickups) at a certain point. Just adds a different twist.

IMO rosters should not be frozen until the playoffs in your league start. The trading deadline needs to be at a time before teams are out of the playoff hunt.

We use the week after byes for the trading deadline and the day before week 14 games (our playoffs) start for closing the WW. It has seemed to work well for us.

Our transaction deadline is before the first game of the last week of the regular season, but we have an IR rule. If a player is placed on IR by his NFL team after our transaction deadline, you get to make a pickup to replace him. But only if he actually gets put on IR by his NFL team.

All my leagues run transactions until your season is over...this makes it so your not forced to go with 2 Kickers, 2 TE's ect.

Why would you not be allowed to pick up a player ? stupid rule to end transactions at any time.

Of course I also play in the WCFF and NFFC who end their waivers right before the playoffs start...I hate this rule because with only 20 roster spots who wants to take 2 Ks and 2 TEs.

I lost $3,500 in 2007 because of this stupid rule.

We were allowed waiver pick ups until before week 14...I had Shockey and Pope as my 2 TE's.

So week 14 Pope goes down.....week 15 Shockey goes down...so I had to roll with no TE in week 16 in a PPR league.

I lost by .45 pts less than 1/2 pt...you think I could have found a TE that got 1 catch.

I know why the WCFF does it because your mixing leagues together....I still hate the rule.

All my leagues run transactions until your season is over...this makes it so your not forced to go with 2 Kickers, 2 TE's ect.

Why would you not be allowed to pick up a player ? stupid rule to end transactions at any time.

Of course I also play in the WCFF and NFFC who end their waivers right before the playoffs start...I hate this rule because with only 20 roster spots who wants to take 2 Ks and 2 TEs.

I lost $3,500 in 2007 because of this stupid rule.

We were allowed waiver pick ups until before week 14...I had Shockey and Pope as my 2 TE's.

So week 14 Pope goes down.....week 15 Shockey goes down...so I had to roll with no TE in week 16 in a PPR league.

I lost by .45 pts less than 1/2 pt...you think I could have found a TE that got 1 catch.

I know why the WCFF does it because your mixing leagues together....I still hate the rule.

same here and see no reason to do it any other way

Same here. We dont have any waiver wire end. Playoffs are 3 weeks and you dont want a team to go into a match with missing positions. again lets say its the playoffs and you have Stafford and Warner and both dont play. and you only carry one kicker and its Rackers who is probally out this week. that would stink.The waiver wire is strategy. I won 5 championships and some of the players that helped me win were WW pickups right before the championship game.One year I lost steven jackson , LT and I think it was Bettis. I was forced to pick up 2 RBs otherweise I would have had none. both those guys went off and I won. Would have not been fair to me to have to play the game with no RBs. Your not supposed to be punished for injurys you cant control.

Edited by damageinc