[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok Cowboys Homers

Cowboyz1

The Cowboys can win-out and will be no better than the third team in the NFC heading to the playoffs. I guess it depends on what you consider a "favorite".

Threads like these are my dirty little fetish. It makes it so pleasing when arrogance meets reality in the form of a Tony Romo turnover. The best part is that he keeps finding new and exciting ways to turn the ball over and lose important football games. The guy is just so unpredictably perfect! Set your alarm clock and get your popcorn ready for the inevitable implosion of America's Team.

:wacko: Hey . You dont see us crapping all over the Seahawks playoff run thread.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check the last 4 times these teams met in December, regardless of location, regardless of the early-season meeting. :wacko:

You miss Dawkins and Johnson (GRHS) running things on Defense. Philly doesn't scare me at all anymore. We handle you at home.

:wacko: You're kidding me, right? You and I could 'corral' the skins if we tied both of our legs together and blind folded each other (of course that sounds like something in Zeds back room but still). If anything you should say, "I am quite concerned at the way the Skins corralled the cowboys until the final minutes this past Sunday"

That should have been a lose but that fact it wasn't showed me something. Holding a team to two field goals but tons of possessions shows me they can win ugly and the D can rise up when it has to. Come on that last field goal try was made 5 yards longer because of a stuffed running play that lost yardage. That is want too and shows how good a D can be even if your O is on vacation. Will that work against high powered playoff teams, NO but it worked against the Skins a division opponent and that's pretty good.

The Cowboys can win-out and will be no better than the third team in the NFC heading to the playoffs. I guess it depends on what you consider a "favorite".

Threads like these are my dirty little fetish. It makes it so pleasing when arrogance meets reality in the form of a Tony Romo turnover. The best part is that he keeps finding new and exciting ways to turn the ball over and lose important football games. The guy is just so unpredictably perfect! Set your alarm clock and get your popcorn ready for the inevitable implosion of America's Team.

What are your Hawks doing, their best "flying under the radar" impression. Thier doing an outstanidng job. :wacko:

Is this thread a joke ?

Cowboys are enjoying soft part of schedule and scraped by a few wins over past few weeks prior to victory over Raiders yesterday , that easily could have went either way

They are not contenders for NFC Title in any way shape or form ...Vikes and Saints would beat them for fun especially hosting the playoff game

I do believe Dallas makes the playoffs but then go home very , very quickly

Sorry, sorry, been a tough year.

Still, I find it a bit odd that you guys could be so comfortable with your quarterback given and his playoff history. I probably would have written something along the lines of "we have all the pieces and are playing well for Wade etc., but we all know that this will come down to how many mistakes Tony Romo does or does not make". Everything else written in the original thread was really cute, but we all know where playoff success lies with this team. Do you at least consider starting Kitna from December forward?

Still, I find it a bit odd that you guys could be so comfortable with your quarterback given and his playoff history.

Do you at least consider starting Kitna from December forward?

"you guys"? Cowboyz1 , God bless him, is the only Cowboy fan that posts on these boards with such optimism.

The bolded part takes "ridiculous" to a new level, even for this forum. :wacko:

Versus the Saints or Vikings in the NFC? :wacko:

I'm not saying they're better than the Saints or Vikes at the moment but if they're 13-3, as I mentioned hypothetically, they will have already beaten the Saints.

Or the Colts or Pats in the AFC? :D

Seriously.

In Miami? Why not? If it comes to that they will likely have won 9 or 10 out their last 10 games.

And just so we're clear, the statement was, "4-1 or 5-0? Now we're talking potential favorites to be Super Bowl champs."

I could write a book.

They would be underdogs to either of those twoAFC teams, and to both MIN and NO in the NFC Chapmpionship game.

Throw potential out the window....there is ZERO chance they would be favorites.

Again, we're talking about a scenario in which the Cowboys have won potentially 10 staright games and have already beaten the Saints...

Please, given that scenario, write a book.

Again, we're talking about a scenario in which the Cowboys have won potentially 10 staright games and have already beaten the Saints...

Please, given that scenario, write a book.

I don't care if they win out.....or win 9 of their last 10....there is no way on earth this current Cowboys team, who struggled to beat both the Redskins & Chiefs, are the Super Bowl favorite....now or five wins from now.

Do you really want me to go into vivid detail why the Colts, Saints, Vikings & Patriots, along with arguably the Ravens, Steelers, Bengals & Cardinals, are better than the Cowboys? Please. I'd reach my character limit in the post.

Fact is they will win no more than 3 more games this season....I'd wager you whatever you like, if you wanna make it interesting.

I would love for Romo to turn the corner. He is still a qb that has only been a starter for 2.5 years. To date , he has choked in Dec. As a Cowboys fan I hope he can turn it around. The guy is a terrific athlete . He just needs to get the monkey off of his back. The penalties scare me more than Romo.

More importantly, you still have Romo

Do I totally discount Philly ? never. But I do agree they took a major major hit with the passing of coach Johnson. That guy was one of the best in the business of all time IMO on the defensive side of the ball.

:wacko: You're kidding me, right? You and I could 'corral' the skins if we tied both of our legs together and blind folded each other (of course that sounds like something in Zeds back room but still). If anything you should say, "I am quite concerned at the way the Skins corralled the cowboys until the final minutes this past Sunday"

Well after the Skins almost handling the Eagles in their own house tells me two things, either the Skins aren't so pitiful or the Eagles are just plain horrible on Defense. I restate my argument " I am quite pleased how our D corralled the Skins". So which is it now? Are the Skins that horrible or is Phily that horrible? Either way, I rest my case.

Well after the Skins almost handling the Eagles in their own house tells me two things, either the Skins aren't so pitiful or the Eagles are just plain horrible on Defense. I restate my argument " I am quite pleased how our D corralled the Skins". So which is it now? Are the Skins that horrible or is Phily that horrible? Either way, I rest my case.

:D

Our defense only allowed 14 points when the drives started outside our 20 yard line....not sure you can call us horrible. :wacko:

On the other hand, we put 27 on the Skins without our #1 RB & #1 WR. You put up 7. That should be your bigger worry.

:D

Our defense only allowed 14 points when the drives started outside our 20 yard line....not sure you can call us horrible. :wacko:

Oh please, 14 points how could that horrible offense score 14 points on that steller D of yours. People here said the Cowboys should have shut them out and others say they could stop them themselves. Fact is, the Skins took it to the Eagles today in their house no less, that speaks volumes as to one of two things as I said, either the Skins aren't as bad as people here suggest or the Eagles are worse then even I imagined. So which is it?

I'd just liek to thank your loser defense for not forcing any kind of turnovers other than a lucky fumble at the end of the 1st half before a hail mary attempt, and gaining me only 9 points in my league. Way to terrorize those raiders

:wacko:

Edited by cnsfrk009

I gotta agree with Swammi. Even if they win out, if they are playing the Vikes, Saints, Colts, Steelers, or Pats, the Cowboys will not be favored in the playoffs/Super Bowl.

I can't deny that this team is fantastic on paper, and excels in almost every aspect you would hope a championship caliber team would excel in. All they need is a quarterback who won't lose the game. Damn shame.

• 2 weeks later...
How you doin'? :wacko:

another tough loss. Came down to 4 tries at the 1 and a missed filed goal AGAIN. Romo played well again no picks and moved the team well but one or two plays did us in again. San Diego didn't out class us so that tells me if we can just make a few more plays we can contend.

Had to get that one in though on the one. No excuses they didn't get it done.

On to the Saints. do or die.