[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haven't seen this yet

SLAYER

Barely, however - I'm a huge Who fan. I understand that this is not the same band from the 60s and 70s. I saw them at the Borgata 3 years ago in a 3000 seat venue. Awesome.

I like it. For one of the all time great R&R bands, they haven't been played out like the Stones or LZep. I'm on the north side of 50, was in HS when Tommy came out. Always been a big fan. Anything other than hip hop would make me happy in any case.

Yeah, really late on this one...I guess we can expect to hear Lenny Kravitz when he is over 50. Get with the program people. What? did the people who hire the performers meet at Luby's to figure this one out? The heroes of the 60's are done and have all lost their voices and sex appeal. I guess the WHO beat out Donny Osmond. FFFFFFFFFF. Next is masters of the 70's, with a leather faced Rod Stewart scratching out another timeless hit that Jeff Beck won't let him play. And next to him will be ABBA, and a special appearance by Lady Gaga.

I like it. For one of the all time great R&R bands, they haven't been played out like the Stones or LZep. I'm on the north side of 50, was in HS when Tommy came out. Always been a big fan. Anything other than hip hop would make me happy in any case.

Yeah, but dude, there is good rock now by young artists... those guys are too old, they are not sex symbols anymore nor can Roger sing the high notes. They were famous for beating up the opening acts and playing to violent Brits thirsthing for rock and roll. That scene has passed with the doobie, man.

The event planners need to get with the program and get with the now....for example...if it was 1967 and the Super Bowl had a halftime show, it would be like hiring Al Jolsen doing Vaudville over the Beattles...

Ahem...Old people...err......The Who fans....spend lots of money on, you know, things that advertisers sell.....

gotcha, but, I grew up a major Led Zepplin Fan (by proxy of older brother) and we both bought Caddilacs together, but not because of the commercial using Led Zep's music or b/c Robert Plant is old and has lost his voice (no offense; it is inevitable and happens to everyone) and sang somewhere on TV with Alison Krouse...I don't think the WHO is going to tug that dollar from your pocket any better than say a younger maybe adult rock or contemporary rocker like say Prince did. And I thaught Prince jammed, especially with it raining and all. And he is 80's so, maybe we could jump to the now and get someone who is hot on the charts like a Kings of Leon or such.

Yeah, but dude, there is good rock now by young artists... those guys are too old, they are not sex symbols anymore nor can Roger sing the high notes. They were famous for beating up the opening acts and playing to violent Brits thirsthing for rock and roll. That scene has passed with the doobie, man.

The event planners need to get with the program and get with the now....for example...if it was 1967 and the Super Bowl had a halftime show, it would be like hiring Al Jolsen doing Vaudville over the Beattles...

For a guy, you seem to ne a bit hung up on how "sexy" musicians are... or aren't. Just sayin.

What about Metallica? They have only sold millions of records and can still kinda jam, plus they are American..even though they can not play anything from the early 80's b/c their fingers are not as fast as they used to be.

Personally, I could handle Metallica with say Rob Zombie...Slayer and I would vote for that. I would rather go a little heavier than say a feel good like U2 or Coldplay.

Heck, I would take the Beastie Boys and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, they are American and both have sold millions of records worldwide.

Lenny Kravitz would be funky if you like that kinda jam.

Now I am kinda getting pumped up for the WHO...

I suspect they will open with the beginning drums of Magic Bus or My Generation,

followed by We Don't Get Fooled Again and

they will close with Who Are You.

Personally, I could hear Emminence Front along with Behind Blue Eyes and maybe Boris the Spider

Ok, yall talked me into it...good call on the WHO

Teenage waste land..... might be a bit racy for the NFL, but they could change the lyrics by a word or two. Instead of "we're all WASTED!", maybe sing "we'll waste 'em!" in a way relative to a football game? That was always the highlight of their concerts for me. Awesome pyro technics. They might do a medley from the Tommy album too. They have a boatload of classics to pick from. Anything from the Who's Next album.

Dalttrey's voice isn't what it used to be, and Moon and Entwhistle are dead... but the songs are still great.