[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warner

Double D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one scares me too. I have Warner and Ryan in my main local and need a win. If I am going to play Ryan I need to do it at 1. If I dont and Warner doesnt play I get the goose egg

I'm starting Warner in my wcoff match tomorrow with confidence. :wacko:

Couple differences I see between him and Ben. If you saw Ben after being knocked out of the game, he looked pretty dazed on the bench. Definetly looked concussed. Warner on the other hand was more working his neck, in fact some of the reports have indicated it was more his neck that got twisted around then a bad concussion.

It also seems like it's just as much the Steelers as a team are involved in the decision for Ben to sit out his week. In Warners case, he expressed concerns last year about being injured and how that would affect his future life after football. He talked about that again this week. That would seem to indicate if there was any concern on his part at all that he could do further damage to himself, he would definetely make the decision himself to sit out this week. That doesn't seem to be the case for him at this point. If it was, I would think he would have made that decision a lot earlier in the week. Seems to me he's good to go this week.

any more recent news about warner?

11/29/2009 09:23 AM

THE NEWS

Kurt Warner (head) is expected to play in Week 12 at Tennessee, according to Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network.

Certainly not the final decision but Warner did practice in full Wed-Fri. so he should be a definite go today.

11/29/2009 09:23 AM

THE NEWS

Kurt Warner (head) is expected to play in Week 12 at Tennessee, according to Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network.

Certainly not the final decision but Warner did practice in full Wed-Fri. so he should be a definite go today.

allready heard he was starting....just concerned about how "ok" he is.

allready heard he was starting....just concerned about how "ok" he is.

Well, I would think that because he was able to practice in full every day this week that he was feeling pretty OK. Why would a team have an older guy practice more than he had too (every day) if he wasn't OK?

Well, I would think that because he was able to practice in full every day this week that he was feeling pretty OK. Why would a team have an older guy practice more than he had too (every day) if he wasn't OK?

because a 60% warner is better than a 100% leinart and they aren't thinking ff. i lost a game last week by .04 with warner, boldin, and breaston in. every player is a hit away from getting knocked out of a game, but when entering at less than 100% the type of hit that can do it changes. that is my concern.

http://www.rotowire.com/Kurt-Warner-googid181841-spnfl.htm

Kurt Warner: Woke Up Sunday Not Feeling 100 Percent - 11/29/2009 9:15:40 AM

Update:

Warner (head) woke up Sunday not feeling too good, according to CBS' Charley Casserly.

Recommendation:

His status for Sunday's game against the Titans will be completely up in the air right up until game time, but Casserly thinks the Cards, with a three-game lead in the NFC West, might err on the side of caution if they're not 100 percent sure about Warner. Against a rejuvenated Titans squad, it may be better for you to err on the side of caution Sunday as well.

Edited by damageinc

because a 60% warner is better than a 100% leinart and they aren't thinking ff. i lost a game last week by .04 with warner, boldin, and breaston in. every player is a hit away from getting knocked out of a game, but when entering at less than 100% the type of hit that can do it changes. that is my concern.

I hear you and completely understand especially when it comes to concussions. However, why would they have Warner practicing in full every day when he doesn't have too and instead have Leinart take the extra snaps in practice knowing how bad he's been. Just doesn't make sense.

I hear you and completely understand especially when it comes to concussions. However, why would they have Warner practicing in full every day when he doesn't have too and instead have Leinart take the extra snaps in practice knowing how bad he's been. Just doesn't make sense.

i think that you are missing the point.

:wacko:

i think that you are missing the point.

Yup.

You practice the guy in full, have him prove to you he can take the stress. I'm telling you, when he went down, it seemed more like shoulder to me, and he was shaking his left arm as though it went numb big time.

I guess this becomes too much of a risk for owners if they have a different option in the early games. Tough call.

Yup.

You practice the guy in full, have him prove to you he can take the stress. I'm telling you, when he went down, it seemed more like shoulder to me, and he was shaking his left arm as though it went numb big time.

I guess this becomes too much of a risk for owners if they have a different option in the early games. Tough call.

Like Warner/Sanchez. :D

Screw it....WARNER!

ETA:

Fox just said Lienert is probably going to start.

Screw it...Sanchez. :wacko:

Edited by rocknrobn26

Cardinals | Warner expected to miss Week 12 (KFFL)

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner (concussion) is not expected to play Week 12.

I just saw that on KFFL as well, nice that ARZ waited until ~5 minutes before kickoff of the early games to announce that.