[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have you ever intentionally benched a defense when up by a few pts?

splotchman

I'm up by 0.5 pts (180.3-179.5) with the playoffs on the line and have the Steelers D going tonite. My opponent has nobody left. As we all know, defenses can yield negative pts, so I could lose this matchup.

If I intentionally bench my defense, I take a 0 and would appear to win, but everybody knows the fantasy gods sometimes adjust scores by a couple of pts, so it could backfire and I could lose if my score gets adjusted down. Think out of competitiveness I have to start my D as it could come back to bite me.

Has anybody ever benched a defense and taken a 0 when up by just a couple of pts?

Edited by splotchman

But if you are up by just 0.5, my score could get adjusted by a pt or two and I could lose. Think I gotta play this D tonite.

The usual adjustments are sacks, tackles and stuff, not offensive stats, at least not enough to affect you. Of course, you could get unlucky.

I'm up by 0.5 pts (180.3-179.5) with the playoffs on the line and have the Steelers D going tonite. My opponent has nobody left. As we all know, defenses can yield negative pts, so I could lose this matchup.

If I intentionally bench my defense, I take a 0 and would appear to win, but everybody knows the fantasy gods sometimes adjust scores by a couple of pts, so it could backfire and I could lose if my score gets adjusted down. Think out of competitiveness I have to start my D as it could come back to bite me.

Has anybody ever benched a defense and taken a 0 when up by just a couple of pts?

I never play a D/ST, never

The usual adjustments are sacks, tackles and stuff, not offensive stats, at least not enough to affect you. Of course, you could get unlucky.

Correct, but sometimes my scoring doesn't count fumbles for offensive players and adds them the day after. I'm taking my chances and started my D tonight. Ravens would have to score over 35 pts for me to take a major negative hit which is -4 pts.

If I benched my D and lost my game by a scoring adjustment, I'd shoot my PC.

If only AD didn't score that last TD for my opponent. Crossing my fingers. :wacko:

Edited by splotchman

When one of my leagues had potential negative points by a defense we gave a team negative 5 points if they failed to start a defense. Your league doesn't have that rule obviously. The reason we did it was we feel a full starting lineup should be entered. The only reason you have the option is because your team plays the late game. The other team didn't have the benefit of knowing if his defense should be started or not.

My l;eagues have rules that prevent tanking (cheating)

This is a little harsh. He wouldnt be cheating if there is no rule against it. If not for the adjusting points angle possibly biting him in the ass he should do it. The only rational argument against it is puddys point about the late game.

This is a little harsh. He wouldnt be cheating if there is no rule against it. If not for the adjusting points angle possibly biting him in the ass he should do it. The only rational argument against it is puddys point about the late game.

There is the right way to play, and the coward's way to play. Just because the rule set sucks is not a good excuse to be a coward. What does the man in the mirror say?

There is the right way to play, and the coward's way to play. Just because the rule set sucks is not a good excuse to be a coward. What does the man in the mirror say?

Shamon

Seriously though. I see your point. I know in fantasy baseball it is done all the time though. You have ERA/WHIP locked up and you have a starting pitcher in the sunday night game that could only cost you categories and not benefit you at all. Ive seen that pitcher sat more often than not

Seriously though. I see your point. I know in fantasy baseball it is done all the time though. You have ERA/WHIP locked up and you have a starting pitcher in the sunday night game that could only cost you categories and not benefit you at all. Ive seen that pitcher sat more often than not

Yep.... this isn;t being an accountant dealing with the IRS. The [spirit/i] of the rules, or of the law trumps playing loopholes in something like FF IMO.

It's a competittion, and should be played on level ground, or it isn't compettion. In FF, I'm not Lombardi. Winning is JUST as imprtant as how you play the game. I wont play in leagues that allow this sort of tanking.

Shamon? :wacko: I dont even get it, but it made me laugh! I knew a girl named Sharon once.... ah.... well, nevermind.