[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4 police officers shot dead at Wash. coffeehouse

buddahj

I'm not sure myself who he looks like but I know his face looks very familiar. Maybe a basketball player instead of RB?

Im sitting here waiting for you to tell me if I am right or not and you come back with this ????? I say good day to you sir..

Governor says no more Arkansas prisoners

by KING 5 News

Posted on December 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Updated today at 12:21 PM

SEATTLE - A major announcement comes from Washington Gov. Christine Gregoire in the bitter clash between Arkansas and the state of Washington over the handling of the Maurice Clemmons case.

Gregoire anounced beginning today, Washington state will no longer accept convicted criminals on parole from the state of Arkansas.

Gregoire says she is extremely troubled by emails that surfaced Tuesday. The emails showed Arkansas officials didn't want to keep a warrant in effect which would have kept Clemmons in Pierce County Jail. The emails also showed how desperately officials in Washington – prosecutors, a sheriff’s deputy, the Attorney General’s Office and the Department of Corrections – were trying to get Arkansas to work with them to keep Clemmons in jail, but it appears Arkansas wasn’t willing to help.

“I am so troubled that today I've asked (DOC Secretary Eldon Vail) to discontinue, under interstate compact, accepting any individuals from Arkansas until we can have a further review of not only the interstate compact system and whether it's really living up to its responsibilities, but whether Arkansas is living up to its responsibilities and I have a major questions in my head about that," said Gregoire. "And until I am confident they are, I've asked the secretary not to accept any interstate compact (inmates) from Arkansas.”

An interstate compact is an agreement between states to accept parolees who qualify to go from one state to another. The charge by Gov. Gregoire is that Arkansas wasn't following the rules, which is why she's suspended taking any parolees from Arkansas.

KING 5 has tried to contact Arkansas officials involved in the case via telephone and email for comment; so far, they have not returned the calls.

Today is the Police procession ceremonies. Starts from McChord Air Force Base and ends at the Tacoma Dome (I believe). Expected 40,000 police members from around the country in the long arse vehicle procession. Starts officially at 10:00 Pacific.

I got to ride along the unofficial start this morning. Only 40 or so vehicles started from the State Capitol along I-5.

Salute the Heroes.