[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm up by 22 but my opponent has Brady--do I start Pats D tomorrow?

Swinagen

Hey guys, I'm facing a fairly big dilemma at the moment. I'm up by 22 pts with one player left (Pats D). My opponent also has one player left--unfortunately, it's Tom Brady. I'm really considering not playing the Patriots defense, especially since they're playing the Saints and could potentially give me neg. points. However, a 22 pt lead ain't much when it's Tom Brady we're talking about (although it should be noted that he's crossed the 22 point mark only twice this season). What do you guys think?

Well, unless you have New Orleans D too, I don't really understand how you have a choice. If you haven't played someone else by now, then yes, you obviously must start the Patriot D.

I have no clue what that has to do with Tom Brady either. He's not facing his own D, and either way, you start the guys who you think will score the most points, and rarely if ever should you let your opponent's lineup influence your decision making... It might be H2H, but it's still the most points that win.

With that being said, I don't think NE is a very good play if scoring takes away points (and neither is NO), but again, I really don't see how you have a choice at this point unless you also have NO.

Oh I see now, you're worried about negative points... Ya, that's probably a legitimate concern, but if 20 points is an average QB score in your league, then I'd be worried that Tom Brady could do much better than that. Also, if your league rewards turnovers, return yards, and defensive scores, then you just about have to start the D...

Otherwise, if it's purely about scoring against the D and Brady isn't projected to get more than 20, then I'd maybe consider doing it.