[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad Advice

Patatohead

Three times in this season alone, I have followed the advice of the Huddle Gurus, only to be submarined by game time scratches.

Game one, though Steve Breaston was listed as questionable, both Dorey and Tuvey indicated he was a safe start.

Game two, again, both Tuvey and Dorey indicated Wes Welker would play though he was listed as questionable.

Game 12 yesterday, even an hour before game time, Warner was listed as a must start by both geniuses...bzzzz. Scratch.

Though I currently occupy first place, the loss I will incur this week will create a tie for first with my opponent. 3 out of 4 of my losses this year were due to bad information. I spent the cash to get sage and informed advice, but am now regretting the expenditure. My learned opinion is to be very cautious with taking the Start/Bench list and Game Predictions and player Projections seriously. Not sure what these guys are paid for.

:wacko:

Everyone's been burned by game time scratches. Do yo have any other sources that indicated the players you mentioned were likely to be scratches, as for me personally, at least with the first two you mentioned, I too got hit in various leagues, but I don't blame the huddle, as every source I utilize indicated that those players were most likely going to start.

The advice given by The Huddle is a tool, a tool that I have found very helpful. That being said, you still need to pay attention to the game day inactives, especially if you have a player on your roster who is questionable. The Huddle should not be blamed because you did not pay attention on game day.

Three times in this season alone, I have followed the advice of the Huddle Gurus, only to be submarined by game time scratches.

Game one, though Steve Breaston was listed as questionable, both Dorey and Tuvey indicated he was a safe start.

Game two, again, both Tuvey and Dorey indicated Wes Welker would play though he was listed as questionable.

Game 12 yesterday, even an hour before game time, Warner was listed as a must start by both geniuses...bzzzz. Scratch.

Though I currently occupy first place, the loss I will incur this week will create a tie for first with my opponent. 3 out of 4 of my losses this year were due to bad information. I spent the cash to get sage and informed advice, but am now regretting the expenditure. My learned opinion is to be very cautious with taking the Start/Bench list and Game Predictions and player Projections seriously. Not sure what these guys are paid for.

haha...

Oh, you Raiders fans...

The advice given by The Huddle is a tool, a tool that I have found very helpful. That being said, you still need to pay attention to the game day inactives, especially if you have a player on your roster who is questionable. The Huddle should not be blamed because you did not pay attention on game day.

Really? 1 hour before game time isn't good enough for you? These guys are supposed to be 'pros' who have the inside up-to-date information the rest of us laymen don't have access to. That's why we join and pay cash. an occasional miss is acceptable, but 3 times in 66% of the season is not a great score.

Just realized, you just said they are listed as a must start/ Where you still referring back to the start/bench list and the predictions, which are updated on Thursday and Friday respectively, or where you following the game day inactives page, which is updated like every 30-60 seconds on gane days, as that page clearly indicates that Kurt Warner was made inactive?

Ya, because the Huddle should be the only one in the world besides Belicheck that actually knows what "questionable" means for a New England player... You're right, they should have assumed that this was the complete opposite of what "questionable" usually means, like when they said Moss was questionable with a "sore back"... You go and try to figure out what it means when Belicheck doesn't reveal anything but misdirection. The guy's cried wolf so many times, that you can't risk sitting your stud PPR machine because of his mind-games.

Sorry you got burned, but I think you're looking for a future-self to tell you what to do... If the Huddle guys could predict the future, then they wouldn't be sitting here analyzing it every week.

Here's a simple way around it though... If a guy's questionable or injured, then either plan to be by a computer prior to gametime, or start someone safer. Nobody can predict injuries. They can only update you when they see who dresses, so either check then or plan accordingly.

Just realized, you just said they are listed as a must start/ Where you still referring back to the start/bench list and the predictions, which are updated on Thursday and Friday respectively, or where you following the game day inactives page, which is updated like every 30-60 seconds on gane days, as that page clearly indicates that Kurt Warner was made inactive?

One hour before the game, S/B list and GP/PP both had Warner listed as S1. Heck, he's still listed as S1!

<blockquote>QB Kurt Warner S1

Tennessee's pass defense has improved since the start of the season; in fact, they've allowed just one TD toss in their last two home games. Of course, it's one thing to put the clamps to David Garrard and Trent Edwards; it's quite another to rein in Warner, who has multiple scoring strikes in four straight games. No team has allowed more passing yards or passing scores than the Titans, and since it's unlikely the Arizona ground game gets it going in Tennessee you have to love Warner's chances of a big game. Kurt is listed as questionable, but he practiced fully all week so there's little danger of Matt Leinart seeing the field.</blockquote> After reading his status, you tell me if you'd play someone else.

One hour before the game, S/B list and GP/PP both had Warner listed as S1. Heck, he's still listed as S1!

Tennessee's pass defense has improved since the start of the season; in fact, they've allowed just one TD toss in their last two home games. Of course, it's one thing to put the clamps to David Garrard and Trent Edwards; it's quite another to rein in Warner, who has multiple scoring strikes in four straight games. No team has allowed more passing yards or passing scores than the Titans, and since it's unlikely the Arizona ground game gets it going in Tennessee you have to love Warner's chances of a big game. Kurt is listed as questionable, but he practiced fully all week so there's little danger of Matt Leinart seeing the field.</blockquote> After reading his status, you tell me if you'd play someone else.

They don't update that on Sunday. Its updated last on Friday. It's up to you to check on Sunday and make sure no one is out at the last minute.

You have to have some responsibility for your teams. :wacko:

You're using SB list and PP for your game time decisions? Lol. Those are printed on Wednesday and Thursday, and the PP is updated on Friday. They don't update after that. Go to the main football forum, you'll get insider info from all markets and teams.

It took you 11 weeks to figure out that they're not updating? Oh wait, you didn't figure it out, we had to tell you. :wacko:

Best. Thread. Evah.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Man, you're a complete patatohead.

Are you seriously saying that you don't log in on Sunday to get the inactives? Really? Seriously?

If you took the time to read the thread of comments before you slammed me, you'd see that indeed I did check one hour before the game. Further, I checked the injury report and it confirmed the bad advice.

I've paid for this silly ass website now for 7 years, but this is the first season I've ever had this kind of trash provided. Sure, I don't expect the gurus to get the scores or player performance right; they're called 'predictions'. I do however, expect them to be able to determine whether a player is injured to the point of not playing.

Since you dopey morons argue on behalf of a web site that provides sketchy and erroneous information, who is really the potatoheads?

If you took the time to read the thread of comments before you slammed me, you'd see that indeed I did check one hour before the game. Further, I checked the injury report and it confirmed the bad advice.

I've paid for this silly ass website now for 7 years, but this is the first season I've ever had this kind of trash provided. Sure, I don't expect the gurus to get the scores or player performance right; they're called 'predictions'. I do however, expect them to be able to determine whether a player is injured to the point of not playing.

Since you dopey morons argue on behalf of a web site that provides sketchy and erroneous information, who is really the potatoheads?

I bet you drink Coors Light because the mountains tell you when its cold

RE: Bolded Section 1 - But, as has been confirmed by your own statements, you are not even checking the game day updates, you are checking pages published several days prior, using best available information AT THAT TIME. And, as bot the projections and the S/B list clearly state in their write ups, at that time, Warner was listed as questionable, but had practiced fully all week. Sorry to disagree with you, but when a player is practicing all week, odds are that player is going to play.

Re: Bolded Section 2 - I again ask you to please find a source that, at the time the S/B list and predictions were updated stated that Warner would be out. I for one did not see any of the resources I use state that, and those that I do use all indicated that he was most likely going to play.

It is less about arguing for the site and more about arguing against your absurd expectations, or, more about educating you on the resources to utilize when (i.e., game day updates page for late scratches, etc. instead of 3 day old information). The game day updates clearly listed him as being a very late gametime scratch.

Edited by Big Country

RE: Bolded Section 1 - But, as has been confirmed by your own statements, you are not even checking the game day updates, you are checking pages published several days prior, using best available information AT THAT TIME. And, as bot the projections and the S/B list clearly state in their write ups, at that time, Warner was listed as questionable, but had practiced fully all week. Sorry to disagree with you, but when a player is practicing all week, odds are that player is going to play.

Re: Bolded Section 2 - I again ask you to please find a source that, at the time the S/B list and predictions were updated stated that Warner would be out. I for one did not see any of the resources I use state that, and those that I do use all indicated that he was most likely going to play.

It is less about arguing for the site and more about arguing against your absurd expectations, or, more about educating you on the resources to utilize when (i.e., game day updates page for late scratches, etc. instead of 3 day old information). The game day updates clearly listed him as being a very late gametime scratch.

RE: Red Section also even if a player doesnt practice all week but is able to participate in practice on Friday they are usually going to play in the game.

I know how long it takes me to do updates to the IDP Game Breakdowns on Friday nite...to expect that on Saturday or even Sunday just isn't realistic...I look at it as you have been served notice and should proceed accordingly...if you are starting any player that is Probable, Questionable or Doubtful you are taking the risk that they will not play on Sunday...the best course of action is to watch the inactives which are available about an 1at the least prior to the game or too put a less risky player in your lineup.