[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints - Pats Discussion

rajncajn

So the big question is, does the Saints defense have an answer for Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Randy Moss & their improved running game with Maroney. Saints showed that they could be run against with SJax & Deangelo, but we get Sedrick Ellis back in the middle this week. It also looks like Jabari Greer, who is our best CB will play as well.

ETA: I'd add my personal thoughts, but it's very hard for me to be objective. On one hand, I see the Saints D aggressively attacking Brady & ruling the turnover ratio. On the other, it's hard to shut out the pundits who say the New England is still among the elite teams in the NFL & the Saints are still left wanting.

Edited by rajncajn

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply put No they can not stop NE offense but I feel the same about Ne not being able to stop Brees and company.

This game should be won by the team that has more offensive opportunities given by their defense causing mistakes form the opponents offense.

So the team that turns the ball over more looses. If by chance we have no turn overs in the game tonight ?? The team with the ball last wins.

My guess would be the Saints by 0 - 7 points

My biggest fear is the NO runing game. Not sure NE can stop that. The rest may not matter. I see a NO win, in a lower scoring game than expected, maybe 31-28, something like that.

I hear a few people saying that this game will be a shootout. While I do think both offenses will put a lot of yards on the field, I think they will both have a harder time putting it into the end zone.

My biggest fear is the NO runing game. Not sure NE can stop that. The rest may not matter. I see a NO win, in a lower scoring game than expected, maybe 31-28, something like that.

I agree with the scoring both teams putting up 3 or4 TD's and 2 or 3 FG's but I see that as a high scoring game.

Your score of 31 -28 = 59pts and the over / under is at 56.5 so most people agree it will be in that neighborhood

I agree with the scoring both teams putting up 3 or4 TD's and 2 or 3 FG's but I see that as a high scoring game.

Your score of 31 -28 = 59pts and the over / under is at 56.5 so most people agree it will be in that neighborhood

I guess I'm comparing it to the 45-42 scores I'm hearing. There are a lot of people saying the winner will need to score 40+ to win.

I guess I'm comparing it to the 45-42 scores I'm hearing. There are a lot of people saying the winner will need to score 40+ to win.

I think the score will be lower than people expect, I believe the Saints will try to control the tempo early by running with Pierre. Saints 28 - 21

Patriots O line is banged up and we will have to wait for the Inactives to see who will be

protecting Brady. If Vollmer plays, I like his chances against Smith. Le Voir (he smacked Strickland last week)

could be starting at tackle. I would like to see Light and Vollmer on the field at the same time. I'd feel good about that.

There are so many ways this game could go, low scoring is not one of them. I'd still take the under if I was betting.

I do not expect to see a 'let up' in the 2nd half by the Patriots. This has cost them this year. The 2007 mentality will be there tonight.

Brees is great, but I still give the edge to Brady to lead his team in crunch time. FWIW, the Superdome was where Brady won his first Superbowl.....

Wild Card is Sammy Morris...if healthy and ready to play, the combo of Maroney, Faulk and Morris will give the NO D fits,

we already know about Moss and Welker. The NO D hasn't seen an offense like this all year.

I have the Patriots winning by 2 scores, won't be easy in the Big Easy, but I do like the way NO parties!

As a football fan, I cannot wait for this matchup. I am hoping for a shoot out............possible. I think NE wins in the end. From a fantasy standpoint, I need Brady to throw for 4 TDs to pull out a must win victory............is it possible? I hope so.

lesson learned here...player is questionable on Monday night after not playing the week before.

Answer - make sure you have a back up in case he does not play or don't risk it.

What I did in 2 leagues is start Bush with no back up...nice fat zero for me.

After 20 years you would think I would have learned ? Nah

This game is far from over. BTW, you're now facing Mike Wright instead of Shawn Springs, so be very afraid :wacko:

Springs a healthy scratch again? He participated fully all week.

This is what I wrote about the Pats secondary int he IDP Game Breakdowns:

Secondary: Look for the Patriots secondary to have a big tackle day versus the Saints passing attack. Leigh Bodden is coming off of a 3 interception performance and should be a very good play this week. Shawn Springs on the other hand is a risky play since he was a healthy scratch earlier this year when the Patriots felt that they needed more speed in their secondary.
Edited by keggerz