[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints - Pats Discussion

rajncajn

:wacko:

Name me one instance where you've seen him showboating or acting like a ME player this season... or last season... or any season for that matter. Bush may not be the superstar the media hyped him up to be, but what he has always been in New Orleans is a humble team player and a true class act both on & off the field. If you can provide me with any instance that proves otherwise I'll change my avatar to an I love Kurt Warner pic for the remainder of the season.

Reggie Bush says Saints can go undefeated

Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2009 7:36 AM ET

It took six games for folks to widely accept the reality that the Saints are really, really good.

One of their biggest-name players has embraced it, too.

Appearing on Sporting News Radio's The Monty Show, running back Reggie Bush was asked whether the Saints can go undefeated.

And Bush thinks they can.

"Can we go undefeated?" Bush said. "Yes. I do think we have the players, the chemistry, we have the heart and dedication, the coaching staff, we have the players."

Then again, Bush's opinion needs to be put in perspective. When discussing the criticism he has faced since entering the NFL and not performing like this generation's Gale Sayers, Bush seemed to predict that he'll eventually be named the league's MVP.

"Once I do win an NFL MVP, once we do win a Super Bowl, once I am in the Pro Bowl, it's going to be that much more special because of all the criticism that I had to come through and because of the work I've put into it, it'll mean that much more to me and I'll appreciate it more," Bush said.

Though the Saints currently have the inside track to the NFC Championship, Bush has a long way to go to draw a single MVP vote.

He has 175 yards rushing (3.9 yards per carry) and three touchdowns. He also has 144 yards receiving, and zero scores. And he's averaging a paltry 4.1 yards on punt returns.

So the Saints are very, very good. And their achievement is even more impressive in light of the fact that they used the second overall pick in the 2006 draft on a glorified third-down back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-go-undefeated/

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reggie Bush says Saints can go undefeated

Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2009 7:36 AM ET

It took six games for folks to widely accept the reality that the Saints are really, really good.

One of their biggest-name players has embraced it, too.

Appearing on Sporting News Radio's The Monty Show, running back Reggie Bush was asked whether the Saints can go undefeated.

And Bush thinks they can.

"Can we go undefeated?" Bush said. "Yes. I do think we have the players, the chemistry, we have the heart and dedication, the coaching staff, we have the players."

Then again, Bush's opinion needs to be put in perspective. When discussing the criticism he has faced since entering the NFL and not performing like this generation's Gale Sayers, Bush seemed to predict that he'll eventually be named the league's MVP.

"Once I do win an NFL MVP, once we do win a Super Bowl, once I am in the Pro Bowl, it's going to be that much more special because of all the criticism that I had to come through and because of the work I've put into it, it'll mean that much more to me and I'll appreciate it more," Bush said.

Though the Saints currently have the inside track to the NFC Championship, Bush has a long way to go to draw a single MVP vote.

He has 175 yards rushing (3.9 yards per carry) and three touchdowns. He also has 144 yards receiving, and zero scores. And he's averaging a paltry 4.1 yards on punt returns.

So the Saints are very, very good. And their achievement is even more impressive in light of the fact that they used the second overall pick in the 2006 draft on a glorified third-down back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-go-undefeated/

You call that showboating & being a "me" player? :wacko:

For one thing, you need to read the entire context of the article, but regardless, he was asked about the criticism he's received over the years & responds basically saying "once I reach all the goals I've set for myself then it'll mean that much more because of how hard I've worked to achieve it." That's not a me attitude & that's not showboating. That's showing a confidence in himself & his team. I'll post the entire conversation as soon as I find it.

You call that showboating & being a "me" player? :D

For one thing, you need to read the entire context of the article, but regardless, he was asked about the criticism he's received over the years & responds basically saying "once I reach all the goals I've set for myself then it'll mean that much more because of how hard I've worked to achieve it." That's not a me attitude & that's not showboating. That's showing a confidence in himself & his team. I'll post the entire conversation as soon as I find it.

:wacko: whatever Welcher...seem ta remember a certain Bears game too.....but you only asked for 1 example

:wacko: whatever Welcher...seem ta remember a certain Bears game too.....but you only asked for 1 example

Call me whatever you want, you are wrong and you should admit it. Here is the thread I posted when the article came out. If you still truly stand by what you said then I will gladly change my avatar to whatever Cardinals one you want for the remainder of the season.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;hl=undefeated

Edit: If for nothing else, just to prove a point...

Edited by rajncajn

Call me whatever you want, you are wrong and you should admit it. Here is the thread I posted when the article came out. If you still truly stand by what you said then I will gladly change my avatar to whatever Cardinals one you want for the remainder of the season.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;hl=undefeated

Edit: If for nothing else, just to prove a point...

:wacko: good luck with that precious,I haven't read that and don't care....i like the Saints better without Bush,they played like a team without the Bush hoopla.....that's my opinion.....lose the Warner...you ain't it

:wacko: good luck with that precious,I haven't read that and don't care....i like the Saints better without Bush,they played like a team without the Bush hoopla.....that's my opinion.....lose the Warner...you ain't it

I'll lose it when you read the article & admit you were wrong.

I'll lose it when you read the article & admit you were wrong.

:wacko: think this thread needs a visit from the Blind Homer......YOU WANT ME TO ADMIT MY OPINION IS WRONG.....WHO THE HELL DO YA THINK YOU ARE......it's my opinion i enjoyed Thomas/Bell better then reggie stickin the ball in someone's face and playin up to the camera on the sidelines...my opinion not yers......get off yer high horse dipstick

Congrats Saints! An impressive win last night. I'm a Drew Brees fan, although I'm also happy with Rivers. Hope the Saints continue their roll through the NFC and make it to the Super Bowl. There's only one other team I'd root for over them should they both make it to the dance. :wacko:

:D think this thread needs a visit from the Blind Homer......YOU WANT ME TO ADMIT MY OPINION IS WRONG.....WHO THE HELL DO YA THINK YOU ARE......it's my opinion i enjoyed Thomas/Bell better then reggie stickin the ball in someone's face and playin up to the camera on the sidelines...my opinion not yers......get off yer high horse dipstick

:D

I ask you for an example & you give me some BS article that was clearly taken out of context & when I provide the actual transcript of the interview you refuse to read it & call me a welcher. Then you proceed to refer to the NFC Championship game back in 2006 where it was perceived that Bush was taunting Urlacher on his way to the end zone, but if you'd seen any of the highlights you would see that Bush was just pointing the ball back & couldn't even see Urlacher. Regardless, that is your one example & like I said, I will gladly wear the pic until the end of the season. :D

ETA: I take that back, after digging up the highlight I see he probably could have seen him. So I'll wear the pic for the showboater.

I take it back. You were right & I was wrong. Reggie Bush cares about nobody but himself & his own stats. He's nothing but a show boating bust. :wacko:

...yes, that is sarcasm.

Edited by rajncajn

:D

I ask you for an example & you give me some BS article that was clearly taken out of context & when I provide the actual transcript of the interview you refuse to read it & call me a welcher. Then you proceed to refer to the NFC Championship game back in 2006 where it was perceived that Bush was taunting Urlacher on his way to the end zone, but if you'd seen any of the highlights you would see that Bush was just pointing the ball back & couldn't even see Urlacher. Regardless, that is your one example & like I said, I will gladly wear the pic until the end of the season. :D

ETA: I take that back, after digging up the highlight I see he probably could have seen him. So I'll wear the pic for the showboater.

I take it back. You were right & I was wrong. Reggie Bush cares about nobody but himself & his own stats. He's nothing but a show boating bust. :wacko:

...yes, that is sarcasm.

Can you change it to Fitz? I dont like Warner right now.

if my memory serves me correctly I think that bush said he was sorry for what he did vs the bears on that TD run....but with that said I don't think he is a ME player....and Nuke you do realize the team was undefeated with Reggie this year too...and he has hardly been as involved as in the past...yet I havent heard a peep out of him because of it.

:wacko:

i want to see a whole game bill not just 3.75 quarters

what ryhmes with woosy but starts with a p?

answer: Bill

I dont' question his courage, more his character: What rhymes with twitter and starts with a Q?

I know it was 3 TDs, but to pull your starters with 5 minutes left and the ball? That was a really weird move. Quick strike, maybe then an onsides followed by a 3-and-out. Next to impossible, but still.

Why not just take a knee while you're at it?