[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the 70s kids again - best Sesame St muppet

BeeR

Sorry, Swedish Chef wins hands down.

That was a Muppet Show muppet (and a former Bier Meister avatar)

I liked the Cookie Monster of that time (before he was forced to like veggies)

Edited by Big John

My favorite muppets were the ones who mimic'ed the ringing phone and protected themselves with their lower jaws.

Bringggg!

Bringggg!

I kind of was partial to Snufalufagus myself. But that was before everyone else could see him

having a young kid (my daugther just turned two) of course forces you to revisit and reassess all of this stuff. I've been catching a fair bit of sesame street lately. and while the episodes from the last couple decades seem to be very elmo-dominated, a lot of the episodes re-run some older skits. and I have to say, the older bert and enrie skits (with jim henson and frank oz doing ernie and bert, respectively) are just genius, in a way that I appreciate more now than when I was 6. I love them.

I appreciate more now than when I was 6. I love them.

Sesame Street was amazing at - and I believe the first children's show to - put humor in the skits for adults as well as children. Its the very thing that makes Sesame street so endearing and Barney so mind numbing.

My g/f's feet are small enough to fit into a boy's large new balance shoes, so she's been getting all the Sesame Street New Balance sneakers. She got the Grouch, the Count and Grover. The only one left that she wants is Big Bird.

She also told me that they don't use the muppets any more on the show. That it's done with claymation now. Is that true? No more muppets?