[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Season Points For.....

Double D

I am not sure if this happens much but I am 7-5 with the most points scored (most points scored against me also) and I may not get into the playoffs. The team behind me is 6-5-1. If he wins (or ties) and I lose next week then I am out of the playoffs.

So much of fantasy football is your luck of schedule.

That really sucks. This will surely bring on the pros and cons of an all play or roto type league. I will always be a die hard head to head guy but seeing your scenario really sucks

I'm #2 in the league in points for, and me and the #3 guy are both in a situation where we could be out if we lose this week. H2H just doesn't make any sense where the #2 and #3 teams in points for may not be in the playoffs. Then its just about luck of the draw and not skill in drafting a team and setting lineups. You can't do much better than #2 in scoring, so if this is supposed to be based on skill, how could 2 of the top 3 teams in scoring not make the playoffs?

Here is our system and works great ( if you are familiar with VP's )

Standings Sort Criteria #1: Vctry Pnts

Standings Sort Criteria #2: Total Points Scored

Standings Sort Criteria #3: Overall Winning Percentage

H2H Win = 2 VP's so you can get 4 VP's with a win and being one of the 4 highest score that week

1st in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPs

2nd in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPs

3rd in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPs

4th in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPS

5th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

6th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

7th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

8th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

9th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

10th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

11th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

12th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

13th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

14th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

I have 1284 points and a 9-3 record with a weekly low of 82 points and I am one game out of first place. His team is the second highest total in the league at 1165 and a 10-2 record. We have a 16-team league and you have to win your division to make the playoffs. There are 2 teams in other divisions with 8-4 records and the last division leader is 7-5. The only upside is that we have 2 games left and I play him in week 14. If I win out, I hold the TB and will make the playoffs over him. I have never liked that we only have 4 teams in the playoffs, but that is how the league has run for the last 21 years.

Here is our system and works great ( if you are familiar with VP's )

Standings Sort Criteria #1: Vctry Pnts

Standings Sort Criteria #2: Total Points Scored

Standings Sort Criteria #3: Overall Winning Percentage

H2H Win = 2 VP's so you can get 4 VP's with a win and being one of the 4 highest score that week

1st in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPs

2nd in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPs

3rd in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPs

4th in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPS

5th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

6th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

7th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

8th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

9th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

10th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

11th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

13th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

14th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

This seems like a good way to score a league. I think that awarding points for good scores each week is a good one. I think that wins should still count at least 2nd most in a league though.

Edited by MikesVikes

Why play head to head if you are then going to award the highest points the last wild card? Either you want head to head or you dont. I have had the most points in the league and not made the playoffs before. In my main money league this year it is looking like it may happen again. I was just passed for most points this week and I am only behind the leader by 15. I am 5-7 and tied with 2 other teams for the last WC spot. I am also 1 game behind the division leader. I could end up winning the division, getting the last WC spot, or missing the playoffs depending on how the last week goes. It can suck, but its the system we chose and I like H2H better. Come on MJD!!!!

There's so much luck involved in H2H's, which is why I prefer points only Leagues. I didn't do any H2H's last year, and am only in one this year (and doing very well, in fact). In one points League I'm in, it awards a weekly prize for the #1 point scorer each week, as well as prizes for ending the year 1st or 2nd. It keeps you excited week to week.

There's so much luck involved in H2H's, which is why I prefer points only Leagues.
The same would apply to the NFL. Why don't they determine standings and playoff seeding based on points scored. Luck is part of the game. Sometimes you are the better team but have an off week. Cincinnati is better the Oakland, but points only says otherwise.

In one points League I'm in, it awards a weekly prize for the #1 point scorer each week, as well as prizes for ending the year 1st or 2nd. It keeps you excited week to week.
My favorite league I'm in awards prizes for both. The weekly winner gets $5. About half the pot goes to the points leader, the other half goes towards the H2H champ who also gets bragging rights as the official league champ plus waived entry fee the next year.

The same would apply to the NFL. Why don't they determine standings and playoff seeding based on points scored. Luck is part of the game. Sometimes you are the better team but have an off week. Cincinnati is better the Oakland, but points only says otherwise.

this is not a direct comparison. in the NFL, one team can stop the other from scoring. the teams directly affect each other. in fantasy, i can't ask chris johnson to please stop wes welker from inflicting on me death from a thousand 7-yard passes.

in my main money league, a 14-team redraft in which i'm the high scorer, i have 1709 points, but i'm 6-6 and may miss the playoffs.

however, the last-place team, who is 1-11 and has lost nine straight, has 1802 points against. the guy gets murdered every week. he has faced the weekly high scorer five times, and he faced the second-highest one week and the third-highest another week. four teams have recorded their highest season total against him.

so, you know, there's always someone worse off.

I am not sure if this happens much but I am 7-5 with the most points scored (most points scored against me also) and I may not get into the playoffs. The team behind me is 6-5-1. If he wins (or ties) and I lose next week then I am out of the playoffs.

So much of fantasy football is your luck of schedule.

Welcome to my world

In one of our leagues this year, the 3rd best in points (and close to the first) is sitting in last place at 3-9. Not surprisingly, he also has the most points against....Also, the 2nd best point scorer is in 6th at 6-6, but of course 1st place in points is in fact in 1st place.... So ya, it's about luck too, but you gotta win your games each week.

So should we reward NFL teams with playoff spots because they ALMOST win every week? If so, the Packers and Falcons should be a lock.

JK, it is a great idea to reward a playoff spot or two to top points... Is this the guy from my league complaining, cuz I don't blame ya dude!

Top scorer in my league is not in danger of losing that distinction by regular season end. He is currently 8th in a 12 team league. He needs a win this week and 2 out of 3 teams to lose to make the playoffs. Sucks to be him, but consistency is a much overlooked necessity in H2H leagues.That said, he does have the highest PA, but them's the breaks. We've all been there. Some teams get good schedules, some have tough ones. Same happens in the NFL, which, mind you, is also a game of skill.

In my main league we may have a person win the division and make playoffs with a 5-9 record ( a bunch of things have to happen this weekend but it is possible )

Two divisions had the better teams as it ended up and the third division had 4 below average teams

but i never saw a record worse than 5-9 make the playoffs ...

Edited by isleseeya

May I sugggest using breakdown record for one of the playoff spots? Our H2H league reserves the last playoff spot for the team with the best breakdown record that has not already secured a playoff spot. Breakdown record is a much better indicator of a team's season than total points scored, imo.

Adding a breakdown spot has not only ensured that a good team does not miss the playoffs because of bad luck. And....it makes things VERY interesting at the end of the season.

12 team league, 3 divisions.

Top Seed- division winner with best record

Second Seed- division winner with 2nd best record

Third Seed- division winner with 3rd best record

Fourth Seed- best record that didn't win division

Fifth Seed- 2nd best record that didn't win division

Sixth Seed- Best BREAKDOWN RECORD of the the teams who are no already in the playoffs.

I'm really surprised that more leagues do not use breakdown record.