[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our commish switched out Michael Turner for Fred Jackson in the MIDDLE of the game!

euphy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??? I switched out Turner in 2 leagues before I left for the bar. Intuition? :wacko: I wish I could boast that...I must have read something somewhere. Plus, Lynch's stats as of late, actually as of the entire season, have matched his mug shot for ugliness. It was only a matter of time.

You're just mad because Marshawn outdid your boy JStew in Pac-10 rushing.

Already posted the the pictures of the timestamps and dates and etc. The text came in at 11:07AM. But do you think those guys come forward IF Turner had 3 TDs and wasn't hurt?

+1. If that's the case his non-access to the pc shouldn't be the overriding factor.

Disagree. You have to first, text your opponent. Texting your brother or friend doesn't mean anything. He could send out a few texts to those guys, they delete the plays that don't pan out for him, then post pictures of the texts that do.

I just talked this over with the commish in my local, who I played with for a dozen years or so. According to him, he gets a call nearly every week before kickoff from one owner or another that can't get to a computer in time to make changes. He simply slides the guy in for the owner. He has also had more than one weekend where he couldn't get to a computer and had to get messages to people saying what changes he was making to his lineup, and that he would change the lineup in the computer as soon as he had computer access. IMO, at that point, those people are the witnesses. He did say that he always tries to contact his opponent as well, so that really to me seems like the kicker here. If I was a victim in this, I'd be pissed for about five minutes, until I heard that the explanation was that my opponent was at his daughter's ballet and texted people in the league about his change. To me this is completely a non-issue. Are we really going to fry a guy because he went to his daughter's ballet instead of sitting in front of a computer? Some of you take this stuff way too seriously. This "fantasy football is life" attitude probably requires a pill.

I see it the exact opposite way... when I'm with the family, if my FF team is irrelevant :wacko:

You know when kick off is, you know when the family event is.

Euphy should not be in any future leagues with this guy, his brother, or the best friend.

I'm with you, when I'm with my daughter, FF is irrelevant.

I have been in a 12 team keeper league for 8 years now. When ever something like this has happened who ever is contacted, emails the entire league and also posted it on the main page prior to games starting. This way, it is clear who is starting even if they are not in the lineup and there are no questions. At some point during the day the lineup change will be made.

I just talked this over with the commish in my local, who I played with for a dozen years or so. According to him, he gets a call nearly every week before kickoff from one owner or another that can't get to a computer in time to make changes. He simply slides the guy in for the owner. He has also had more than one weekend where he couldn't get to a computer and had to get messages to people saying what changes he was making to his lineup, and that he would change the lineup in the computer as soon as he had computer access. IMO, at that point, those people are the witnesses. He did say that he always tries to contact his opponent as well, so that really to me seems like the kicker here. If I was a victim in this, I'd be pissed for about five minutes, until I heard that the explanation was that my opponent was at his daughter's ballet and texted people in the league about his change. To me this is completely a non-issue. Are we really going to fry a guy because he went to his daughter's ballet instead of sitting in front of a computer? Some of you take this stuff way too seriously. This "fantasy football is life" attitude probably requires a pill

Right, but the commisioner wasn't saying, "I'm not sure if Turner will play,will you allow me to replace him with Jackson if he's a pre-game scratch". I've done favors like that, as have many commisioners. If it was a matter of being unsure of his status then that would be one thing...

But what he seems to be saying is, "I planned to start Turner all week, but when I was sitting at the ballet, I decided Jackson was the better play". Okay, maybe this is feasible, but it seems just as likely that he was worried about who to start, and used the ballet as an excuse to see if he needed a mulligan later. Like others said, he might not have been colluding, but in these circumstances, he easily could have been.

Then you add in the fact that Turner DID play, and only went out because he reinjured his foot. Then, conveniently, the guy breaks out a text message from his best bud that says, "oh I was planning to start Jackson anyway, so no worries".... That smells like some BS to me.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to just reverse the move and put Turner back in and make it count like that instead of calling the whole season a wash?

Commish wasn't budging... even today.... still not budging, season a wash.

Commish wasn't budging... even today.... still not budging, season a wash.

Good for him. I wouldn't either. Shouldn't the commish's team be treated as any other? Since there are no previous rules set for this kind of thing, contacting a few people should be suffecient.

Good for him. I wouldn't either. Shouldn't the commish's team be treated as any other? Since there are no previous rules set for this kind of thing, contacting a few people should be suffecient.

why couldn't one of the people that he talked to send out a message to the leaugue? There is way too many ways he could have cheated. And considering Turner was ruled active, cheating is pretty obvious

Sounds like a bunch of fun fellows.

shut your hole cracker or i'll cap your ass.

LOL

on topic, i really dont see a problem. if the texts were sent before lock down and he has proof of them, then its all good by me. doesnt matter who he sent them too. i can see his opponent being pissed not knowing who is playing.

Disagree. You have to first, text your opponent. Texting your brother or friend doesn't mean anything. He could send out a few texts to those guys, they delete the plays that don't pan out for him, then post pictures of the texts that do.

i understand people are aholes, but do you really think they send out 20 texts before the games and see which ones pan out????

i understand people are aholes, but do you really think they send out 20 texts before the games and see which ones pan out????

No, you only have to send one when you've got a gimpy Turner and Jackson to choose from, in a game that has playoff implications in a league for $2000.... Yes. Yes I do think there are that big of Third Eye Blinds that would do that.

No, you only have to send one when you've got a gimpy Turner and Jackson to choose from, in a game that has playoff implications in a league for $2000.... Yes. Yes I do think there are that big of Third Eye Blinds that would do that.

i see your point. i dont know the people involved and believe me, i wouldnt put anything past anyone.

I have been in a 12 team keeper league for 8 years now. When ever something like this has happened who ever is contacted, emails the entire league and also posted it on the main page prior to games starting. This way, it is clear who is starting even if they are not in the lineup and there are no questions. At some point during the day the lineup change will be made.

+1 I have never used CBSsportsline for a league but I would guess that it has a message board. All it would have taken was for one of the guys that he texted to post on the message board before the games started. I can understand if you are out how you might not have everyones contact info. A simple post would have taken care of this.

I'll play. I see nothing wrong in what the commish did. NOTHING. And I wouldn't change my lineup back either. If the crybabies wanted to disband the league over it, that's on them.

That said, the above only holds for me if the text explicitly said that he was definitely making the switch in question. If there is/was any gray area at all in the text that was sent, then I'd have a problem. If it was crystal clear and before the lineup deadline, then it's ok by me.

was there a vote to can the league? thats rough if youre in the lead.

8 people voted to kill the league, and the guy who was going to win it all... said kill it.

But they are still sending threats to each other. TOo funny.

I'll play. I see nothing wrong in what the commish did. NOTHING. And I wouldn't change my lineup back either. If the crybabies wanted to disband the league over it, that's on them.

That said, the above only holds for me if the text explicitly said that he was definitely making the switch in question. If there is/was any gray area at all in the text that was sent, then I'd have a problem. If it was crystal clear and before the lineup deadline, then it's ok by me.

So he sends an explicit text. However, he has a telephone conversation with brother and best friend and tells them that if Turner does well, we make no changes and show no one the text. If Turner is a late scratch or does not perform well, we show everyone the text.

How about if the commish had just texted his brother and best friend his commish password and told one of them to change his line up? I need someone to explain to me why he simply didn't do that.

So he sends an explicit text. However, he has a telephone conversation with brother and best friend and tells them that if Turner does well, we make no changes and show no one the text. If Turner is a late scratch or does not perform well, we show everyone the text.

How about if the commish had just texted his brother and best friend his commish password and told one of them to change his line up? I need someone to explain to me why he simply didn't do that.

:wacko: Bingo. Or at least have one of them post your intentions on the public message board of your league that would be time-stamped before the deadline.

If your serious about FF and have a lot of family and work responsibiliies then get an Iphone or a blackberry with internet access. There is no excuse for not setting your lineup. And if you screw up take it like a man and lose with dignity rather than cheat.

You should just get with the other owners and keep your own standings for the rest of the year. Unless that prick wins then you can payout who really won the league.