[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

End of transactions in your league

whomper

Does your commish warn you when Transactions end ?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Does your commish give you a heads up when transactions end ?

• No, it is stated in our rules and the team owners are responsible to know when it ends
    • Yes, he gives us a courtesy heads up
    • Puddy is our commish and he gets a free team

Just looking for some general feedback on this one. Does your commish give you a heads up when transactions are going to end in your league ?

Edited by whomper

Yes, usually.

The trade deadline is in the rules and listed on the league page when it draws near.

Our Waivers run the whole year. It's understood but he does remind us that waivers during the playoffs are only for the playoff teams. Sometimes we have a toilet bowl if there is interest and those teams aren't suppose to make any add/drops.

Why, did it end for you?

Edited by nhoops

Yes, usually.

The trade deadline is in the rules and listed on the league page when it draws near.

Our Waivers run the whole year. It's understood but he does remind us that waivers during the playoffs are only for the playoff teams. Sometimes we have a toilet bowl if there is interest and those teams aren't suppose to make any add/drops.

Why, did it end for you?

I have been commish of this league for the last 7-8 years. This current year a new person is doing it. By our rules week 11 ends trades and week 12 ends Free agents. Every year towards the end of the year I would break out the rules sheet and see when it was ending and give everyone a heads up. This year the commish gave everybody a heads up when trades ended but didnt do it last week when free agents ended.

People didnt remember that it was week 12 because they were used to being reminded and feel that they were going to be reminded again by the commish since he reminded everyone of the trade deadline. 5 of the 6 teams that made the playoffs didnt make their final playoff preparation moves and the one guy that did is insisting that since it is in the rules the wire should be closed.

Our rules are not in our constitution on the website. The rules are typed out and handed out at the draft. The commish is saying that he alerted everyone of league events every week and the fact that he neglected to do so for the end of free agency is his fault and he is looking to run waivers this week.

In a court of law the 1 owner that wants the wire closed would have a pretty rock solid case since it is in our rules. Others feel it should be allowed since the rules arent posted on the site and the league was expected to refer to a rules sheet handed out 14 weeks ago and a precedent was set with the trade deadline warning that we would get a heads up when the wire was closing.

Some yes some no. Being a commish shouldn't become a baby sitting job IMHO. Everyone should know their league rules, especially if they were given them at the draft. If they have a question they should step up and ask as well, a commish should have to be the head of Kindercare.

Edited by T_bone65

Follow the rules. What if someone sets an illegal lineup? Does he get away with it because the Commish didn't warn him ahead of time even though it's in the rules. That's just an example of course... there are dozens of rules that could be broken with the argument that the Commish didn't give a warning ahead of time that that particular rule must be followed. A courtesy being extended by the Commissioner doesn't trump published rules.

This exact same thing happened in my local. I guess I wasn't ready for the deadline because having it be after the games on week 12 is ridiculously early when we start our playoffs week 14. Doesn't really matter because we can't change the rules mid season IMO. I just hope one of us will be sober enough next year to remember to bring up the change.

Follow the rules. What if someone sets an illegal lineup? Does he get away with it because the Commish didn't warn him ahead of time even though it's in the rules. That's just an example of course... there are dozens of rules that could be broken with the argument that the Commish didn't give a warning ahead of time that that particular rule must be followed. A courtesy being extended by the Commissioner doesn't trump published rules.

I agree with the bolded portion. IMO, a courtesy is just that, a courtesy. The commish should not be obligated, or feel obligated, to hand hold the owners and remind them of everything. Next thing he will be expected to send reminders each week when bids/requests are due and when lineups are due, etc.

Fantasy Football is suppose to be FUN FIRST. A good commish should send out reminders of deadlines.

A good owner should be familiar with the rules and not need the reminder. Now, a commish going above and beyond could send out a reminder.

I'm a commish, and remind owners of EVERY deadline. Not that they listen, but I can only do so much.

In my other decent-money league, the commish never posts SHIAT about anything--but at least he's always been consistent about being a bum. Otherwise, the league is run cleanly, so I put up with it. I just try to stay on top of my roster needs every week, and my playoff planning (barring injuries) begins between weeks 8-10, when you can start to tell what the matchups may truly look like down the road...especially for my QBs, as we can only roster 2 at a time.