[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting the Best Possible Lineup

gardenthug

In my big money league, we had a trade go down midway thru the season that saw Deangelo Williams and Tom Brady go to the commish for Matt Ryan and Addai. The guy who traded Brady/Williams claimed he hit the wrong button and was to drunk to realize it. A huge fiasco followed and eventually the trade was allowed to stand.

So this week the commish and drunken idiot are playing each other. The commish was knocked out of playoff contention last week, so he's decided he's going to make a point. He's not going to play Brady or Williams this week. Instead he's going to play Orton/Hester(flex). The guy he's playing is very much in the playoff hunt, so the game matters to quite a few people in the league.

Can a player be forced to play his strongest lineup? He's admitted that the only reason this is being done is to prove a point.

In my big money league, we had a trade go down midway thru the season that saw Deangelo Williams and Tom Brady go to the commish for Matt Ryan and Addai. The guy who traded Brady/Williams claimed he hit the wrong button and was to drunk to realize it. A huge fiasco followed and eventually the trade was allowed to stand.

So this week the commish and drunken idiot are playing each other. The commish was knocked out of playoff contention last week, so he's decided he's going to make a point. He's not going to play Brady or Williams this week. Instead he's going to play Orton/Hester(flex). The guy he's playing is very much in the playoff hunt, so the game matters to quite a few people in the league.

Can a player be forced to play his strongest lineup? He's admitted that the only reason this is being done is to prove a point.

What point is he trying to prove? That you should take your money elsewhere next season?

If that isn't collusion, I don't know what is.

How exactly is that collusion? If he was doing that for the specific purpose of helping the other guy out, then ya, it is, but I didn't get that impression from the original post. I got that he was kind of being a baby 'cause his trade didn't work out for him and he wanted to show the league up by playing less than his best lineup.

Maybe I misunderstood.

No, this is totally cool. All the complaining teams are just jealous that they didn't think of this first.

Peace

policy

Think of what? Being a monster truck aficionado? What does he accomplish by doing this?

How exactly is that collusion? If he was doing that for the specific purpose of helping the other guy out, then ya, it is, but I didn't get that impression from the original post. I got that he was kind of being a baby 'cause his trade didn't work out for him and he wanted to show the league up by playing less than his best lineup.

Maybe I misunderstood.

I don't know what the point is either. It seems like he's trying to say he's sorry that he let the trade stand when the other trader was drunk. Now as an act of good gesture, the commissioner won't play the two traded players against the original owner, so there will be no hard feelings. That's the only logic I can find in this. It's indirect collusion. He's trying to say he's sorry by not playing his best players because of guilty feelings, which in turn is helping his opponent.

I need to write a book and start some online video classes on how to be a good fantasy commissioner. I'll get on that, right after, I finish my how to be a good parent video series.

The guy says he's trying to prove that he can win w/o the players aquired in the drama filled trade.

But if he is out of the playoffs, even after making that trade, he obviously can't win with or with out them. Just sounds dumb to me.

I was being sarcastic, sorry that didn't come through.

Peace

policy

Gotcha! :wacko:

The problem in this situation remains that while he's trying to "prove a point," he could be affecting the standings and people's paydays. NOT cool.

That's exactly what I thought the point was.

No collusion at all here.

Dickish? Yes.

Collusion? No.

Well, okay, but he agreed to a deeply lopsided trade, and is now shaving points against the same dude he traded with. Proving a point or no, he's handing the other dude wins.

Peace

policy

The guy says he's trying to prove that he can win w/o the players aquired in the drama filled trade.

You lose all ability to thump your chest when you become a commissioner. Sorry but he's an arse and a serious candidate for a thumping if you know him personally. Find a big money league with an established,fair and unbiased commissioner.

Sounds like you need to look for a new league to play in next year.