[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trade deadline question

joeyemma

10 team redraft league...no ppr...6 for all td's ...1 for 10 rush/rec 1 for 20 passing

we start 1qb 2rb 2wr/te 1 flex k d

Rivers/ASmith

Ricky/DWilliams/Forte/Felix

BMarshall/LFitz/GJennings/ABryant/Carleson

Crosby

Vikings

Our trade deadline is this week.....

I think Forte will have a big week this week but then it will probably be back to crap.

I think I could trade Jennings and Forte for Moreno and SSmith (Car)

right now I start:

Ricky/Dwilliams/Forte BMarshall/Fitzgerald

Jennings is on the bench as insurance.

Would you trade Forte and Jennings for SSmith and Moreno?

Thanks

I wouldn't. I don't see Smith or Moreno having any more consistency or big games than Forte. While I wouldn't really want him as one of my primary RBs, he is a much better flex play than either one of those two in my book.... Maybe if you think Delhomme will rebound or Forte's schedule is esepcially rough, then maybe take the gamble on Smith, but at this point, Forte seems the much safer play, with Jennings as insurance for both WR and flex, as you said.

Man, thought's a tough one. On paper it looks good, but I looked at all of your key guy's schedules, and Ricky has a pretty soft schedule, outside of NE this week and Pittsburgh in week 17. Mendenhall on the other hand has a pretty brutal playoff schedule. However, the same goes for Forte until week 17 in Detroit. So I'd probably hold on to Ricky, as you can probably lean on him most weeks going forward, and he should be more consistent than any of your other backs, even Deangelo at this point.

As per your original trade, I actually like it a little better now since I realize that you could plug in both Smith in your WR spot, and then go either Moreno or Marshall in your flex... Not a bad move, especially considering they've got a relatively soft schedule going forward (much better than Fortes), but I still don't like the time-share that Moreno's in there, and Smith hasn't been as consistent as Marshall this season, so I still think I'd pass there too.