[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best (& Worst) Trades and FA Moves

Biscuit

I made the major mistake of dealing Roddy White and Matt Schaub for Megatron somewhere around Week 5/6 (too lazy to go back and look). We all know Megatron's quasi-bust status and Roddy White hasn't exactly lit the WR world on fire, but I definitely didn't get enough in return for Schaub.

The one that worked was dealing Miles Austin for Thomas Jones right before Austin went cold and Turner went up in flames.

Best FA pickup had to be MSW in Week 4. If it weren't for him, it would have really been ugly!

Not to gloat, but I really didn't have a brutal FA pickup.

I made the major mistake of dealing Roddy White and Matt Schaub for Megatron somewhere around Week 5/6 (too lazy to go back and look). We all know Megatron's quasi-bust status and Roddy White hasn't exactly lit the WR world on fire, but I definitely didn't get enough in return for Schaub.

It's because you called him Megatron.

It's because you called him Megatron.

Good point. I've actually been calling him Brokentron lately.

I traded Roddy White, Hines Ward, Benson and Ray RIce for Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton. At the time (week 4), I thought I was getting a steal.

Rice was still splitting carries, White is always up and down, and Benson was an unkown quantity. I had figured I would deal Ward and Benson at their peak value...

If Slaton could've hold onto the ball, the deal wouldn't have been so bad in my favor.

Luckily I worked the waiver wire well...

No more of 4 for 2 players type deals for me.

Funny thing is: the team I traded to is the fourth highest scoring team in the league (I'm #2) and has the second worst record and will miss the playoffs. It's funny how important matchups work out.

Edited by The 13ers

Bad Trades

Made some moves in the AOTAOP offseason that have definitely backfired for me...

kpholmes gave up:

Year 2009 Draft Pick 1.09 (Turned out to be Shonn Greene)

Year 2009 Draft Pick 1.11(Turned out to be James Laurinaitis)

X gave up:

Owens, Terrell BUF WR;

Year 2009 Draft Pick 1.08; (Turned out to be Aaron Curry)

Year 2009 Draft Pick 4.08 (Part of Westbrook trade)

kpholmess gave up:

Year 2009 Draft Pick 2.09;

Year 2009 Draft Pick 3.16;

Year 2009 Draft Pick 4.08;

Year 2009 Draft Pick 4.11;

Year 2009 Draft Pick 4.16;

Year 2010 Round 1 Draft Pick from Hangtown Heroes

X gave up:

Westbrook, Brian PHI RB

:wacko: Hindsight sucks. I'm currently sitting at 7-5, fighting for the last playoff spot this week.

The only thing saving me is the emergence of Fred Jackson and Jamal Charles.

Good Trades

kpholmes gave up:

Johnson, Charles CAR DE;

Finnegan, Cortland TEN CB;

Year 2009 Draft Pick 3.07;

Year 2009 Draft Pick 4.11;

Year 2010 Round 1 Draft Pick from KP's Kryptonians

X gave up:

Thomas, Devin WAS WR;

Posluszny, Paul BUF LB;

Year 2010 Round 4 Draft Pick from X

This was right before the trade deadline a few weeks ago...

kpholmes will give up:

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Forte, Matt CHI RB

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Year 2010 Round 2 Draft Pick from KP's Kryptonians

$10

X will give up:

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Jennings, Greg GBP WR

Umenyiora, Osi NYG DE

kpholmes gives up:

Flacco, Joe QB

Edelmann, Jullian WR

Year 2010 Round 3 Draft Pick from KP's Kryptonians

X gives up:

Warner, Kurt QB

Leinart, Matt QB

This is in AFL. Sitting at 10-2 with the #1 seed locked up... not too shabby. If Warner can come back healthy I could have a strong finish.

Last Season I made a trade week 7.

I Gave: Rivers and D. Will

I Received Gore and Delhomme.

At the time. I had Romo. Wasn't worried to much about my QB situation, and Gore was a better value then D. Will. Too bad Romo got hurt for 3 games and DeAngelo Williams became a top 5 draft choice.:

dynasty league:

Traded away Warner, Colston, & Josh Morgan

Got Matt Ryan, Hester, and the empty spot from Morgan got me Hakeem Nicks

Since it's dynasty, I think I'm good as I'm a believer in Ryan's upside.

However, for this year, that trade pretty much hosed me! Hester & Colston have been surprisingly close in production, but Ryan has sucked compared to Warner!

For the first time ever, I made no trades.

My worst move was using a high waiver pickup on Laurent Robinson (I was desperate for a WR). He lasted a half of a week before getting put on the IR.

Luckily that week I was also to claim Sims-Walker with my second waiver pickup.

Picked up the Chargers D five weeks ago, right in time for them to get hot.

The one that worked was dealing Miles Austin for Thomas Jones right before Austin went cold and Turner went up in flames.

Best FA pickup had to be MSW in Week 4. If it weren't for him, it would have really been ugly!

Not to gloat, but I really didn't have a brutal FA pickup.

Best: Last weekend right at the trade deadline I managed to trade a backup kicker for Vince Young. I traded him to a guy who forgot to pickup a backup kicker and was going to cut Vince. Traded Beanie Wells and Steve Smith (NYG) for Manningham, Maroney and Morris. Im 3-0 since the trade. Its a keeper league, so time will tell and there has been a Fred Taylor sighting. Todd Heap for Buckhalter (I have Moreno) was good. I also parlayed Brandon Gibson and Greg Jennings into Jermichael Finley.

Worst: Cutting Favre after week 2. Dropping Miles Austin after week 1.

Seen the same trade go down in a dynasty ,,, our league is still split on who ended up on the better end of the deal next year and going forward

Hard to tell for dynasty. Rice looks like the man in Baltimore and gets plenty of check-down receptions since their WRs are weak. Thomas is the best back in NO and will get more looks if they let Reggie Bush go, but Payton loves Bell and he'll probably get a long term contract.

I'd go with Rice, simply because NO spreads the ball so much. Rice is one of only a few playmakers on the Ravens.

Edited by budlitebrad

In LLD, traded Reggie Wayne this past spring for Roy Williams and rookie draft pick 1.12 (ended up drafting Kenny Britt). Britt may pan out, but I would take this one back if I could. Hindsight...

ETA: Made two awesome trades in my main local this year. Traded Bowe for McNabb (was rolling with Carson Palmer before this trade) and just traded Jermichael Finley for Jamaal Charles after Finley's 7 catch game coming back from injury week before last (and have Tony Gonzalez and Visanthe Shiancoe in that league and the guy still asked for Finley).

Edited by MTSuper7

picked up Austin after his blow-up vs the Chiefs, then 4 weeks later traded him along with Benson, who was causing me headaches each week with Rice as my #2rb, for Fitzgerald and Pierre. Benson was injured the week I traded him and Austin just had a decent game after 3 lame one's.