[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints going down?

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahem, i guess WAS was considered a gimme. :wacko:

play the schedule, then we'll see

this is part of what I wrote about this game in the IDP GBs

The Redskins sure don't look like a team that will put up much of a fight but it is the NFL so as they say, "Any given Sunday".
Edited by keggerz

^ this doesn't surprise me a bit.

Wash has been a tough play every week, with maybe the exception of Philly 1 and ATL.

All their other losses, have been close...including NYG, CAR, KC, DAL, PHILLY 2, NO and they beat DEN

Not an easy 3-9 team.

Washington is certainly a much better team than their record would indicate and I think lady luck played a big part in the Saints win. They just seemed like they were not all on the same page offensively for the better part of the season. It certainly looks like they've got that worked out & hopefully for Redskins fans that loss gives them some more drive rather than bring them down more.

With the Minn loss, NO doesn't have to go undefeated now to assure home field. Too many of their games recently have been close calls (other then NE) so I just see one loss squeeking by.

Head coach Sean Payton said he will go for a perfect season even if the Saints have clinched home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

This is obviously great news for owners of Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Pierre Thomas and the rest of the Saints. They now have a two-game lead on the Vikings for the No. 1 seed in the NFC. According to SI's Peter King, Payton thinks his players -- most playoff rookies -- will be energized by the pursuit of perfection. It sounds like everyone will be safe to use in Weeks 15 and 16. Dec. 7 - 10:39 am et

Well, I stand corrected

Edited by LayLow

With the Minn loss, NO doesn't have to go undefeated now to assure home field. Too many of their games recently have been close calls (other then NE) so I just see one loss squeeking by.

I still agree. Dallas, @ Atlanta, @ Carolina & @ Tampa. Being division games they are always tougher so I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to any one of these teams. Especially the way the defense played against Washington.

I'm glad now, though, that they have a little breathing room and don't have to rush Greer, Porter & Fujita back before they are ready. If we are going to have a real shot to go all the way we need these guys back. Especially Fujita & Greer.