[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SECond to None

Rockerbraves

Guess we'll see just how deep the SEC is this season? Thought I would add conference standings to the matchups. Wish there were at least one or two PAC 10 matchups.

Over/under 6 1/2 SEC wins. What do you think? :wacko:

BCS Natonal Title Game

#1 SEC Alabama vs. #1 Big 12 Texas

Sugar Bowl

#2 SEC Florida vs. #1 Big East Cincinnati

Capital One Bowl

#3 SEC Louisiana State vs. #3 Big 10 Penn State

Cotton Bowl

#4 SEC Ole Miss vs. #3 Big 12 Oklahoma State

Peach Bowl

#5 SEC Tennessee vs. #3 ACC Virginia Tech

Independence Bowl

#6 SEC Georgia vs. #8 Big 12 Texas A & M

Liberty Bowl

#7 SEC Arkansas vs. #1 C-USA East Carolina

Papajohns.com Bowl

#8 SEC South Carolina vs. #5 Big East Connecticut

Music City Bowl

#9 SEC Kentucky vs. #2 ACC Clemson

Outback Bowl

#10 SEC Auburn vs. #4 Big 10 Northwestern

Edited by Rockerbraves

Guess we'll see just how deep the SEC is this season? Thought I would add conference standings to the matchups. Wish there were at least one or two PAC 10 matchups.

BCS Natonal Title Game

#1 SEC Alabama vs. #1 Big 12 Texas -Win

Sugar Bowl

#2 SEC Florida vs. #1 Big East Cincinnati - Loss

Capital One Bowl

#3 SEC Louisiana State vs. #3 Big 10 Penn State - Loss

Cotton Bowl

#4 SEC Ole Miss vs. #3 Big 12 Oklahoma State - Win

Peach Bowl

#5 SEC Tennessee vs. #3 ACC Virginia Tech - Loss

Independence Bowl

#6 SEC Georgia vs. #8 Big 12 Texas A & M - Win

Liberty Bowl

#7 SEC Arkansas vs. #1 C-USA East Carolina - Win

Papajohns.com Bowl

#8 SEC South Carolina vs. #5 Big East Connecticut - Loss

Music City Bowl

#9 SEC Kentucky vs. #2 ACC Clemson - Loss

Outback Bowl

#10 SEC Auburn vs. #4 Big 10 Northwestern - Win

5-5, MAYBE 6-4

I wouldn't sleep on Tenn. Va Tech is exactly the type of team they can beat and the situation seems prime. For starters, Tech is easy to defense because they're one dimensional (and it's not like that one dimension is anything great, rather simply good). Ol' man Kiffin should have little trouble making them zero-dimensional. So, if Tech is going to win this thing, they'd better hope they can keep UT under 10 pts (which, btw, makes me eager to see the line).

Other things, from fans and pollsters, Tech has gotten the benefit of the doubt all season. They've been the defacto champ of the ACC and were again assumed to be that until they made it painfully obvious they wouldn't be. As a result, their fan base must see this season as a disappointment and may not travel as well as normal. There may even be sentiment that Beemer ball has run it's course. He's made a living on great D and special teams, which was enough to dominate a mediocre ACC. However, that may not get it done going forward. This also makes me curious about the line because I think the public at large is going to have a hard time forgetting that Tech is supposed to be good and that Tenn is supposed to be a disaster with a loud-mouth coach.

Tenn, on the other hand, was assumed to be rebuilding and pretty much anything good would be nice. They played FL and Bama much closer than anyone expected and Vol nation is optimistic and generally pleased. I see them going to the ATL and filling the house looking to end a promising beginning to the Kiffin era on a positive note.

I'm not saying the Vols crush 'em or anything because I don't think they're really capable of crushing anyone. And they're certainly more than capable of losing to anyone. However, I anticipate the odds are going to be more favorable than they should be and plan to take advantage of that. Relying mainly on the money line and somewhat hedging by taking the points as well.

Haven't heard about the Tenn line but here are some potential lines for the BCS Bowls.

The Rose Bowl pits Ohio State vs. Oregon. The anticipated odds has Oregon -2 and 50.

The Sugar Bowl pits Cincinnati vs. Florida. The Gators will be -10.5 with a total of 62.

Meanwhile, the Fiesta Bowl qualifies as the non-BCS conference championship with Boise State vs. TCU. The Horned Frogs are -4 with a total of 54 according to Godsey.

The Orange Bowl has Iowa and Georgia Tech. The Yellow Jackets are laying 3.5 with a total of 51.

Finally it’s Alabama vs. Texas in the BCS National Championship. The Crimson Tide are -4.5 and a total of 45.

http://www.offshoreinsiders.com/index.php?...;ArticleID=7487

BCS Natonal Title Game

#1 SEC Alabama vs. #1 Big 12 Texas - WIN

Sugar Bowl

#2 SEC Florida vs. #1 Big East Cincinnati - WIN

Capital One Bowl

#3 SEC Louisiana State vs. #3 Big 10 Penn State - LOSS

Cotton Bowl

#4 SEC Ole Miss vs. #3 Big 12 Oklahoma State - LOSS

Peach Bowl

#5 SEC Tennessee vs. #3 ACC Virginia Tech - LOSS

Independence Bowl

#6 SEC Georgia vs. #8 Big 12 Texas A & M - LOSS

Liberty Bowl

#7 SEC Arkansas vs. #1 C-USA East Carolina - WIN

Papajohns.com Bowl

#8 SEC South Carolina vs. #5 Big East Connecticut - WIN

Music City Bowl

#9 SEC Kentucky vs. #2 ACC Clemson - LOSS

Outback Bowl

#10 SEC Auburn vs. #4 Big 10 Northwestern - WIN

5-5 is about right.

I saw Tenn is getting 4.5 but I haven't seen the money line yet and forget what money line typically corresponds to a 4.5 spread.
Haven't seen the money lines yet.

Not use to betting those anyway, but I always figure a 6 to 7 point underdog equates to around a 2-1 underdog. Sort of like Tennessee's chance myself in this one. Vols nation a little bit more hungry with the new coach.

• 4 weeks later...
I wouldn't sleep on Tenn. Va Tech is exactly the type of team they can beat and the situation seems prime. For starters, Tech is easy to defense because they're one dimensional (and it's not like that one dimension is anything great, rather simply good). Ol' man Kiffin should have little trouble making them zero-dimensional. So, if Tech is going to win this thing, they'd better hope they can keep UT under 10 pts (which, btw, makes me eager to see the line).

Other things, from fans and pollsters, Tech has gotten the benefit of the doubt all season. They've been the defacto champ of the ACC and were again assumed to be that until they made it painfully obvious they wouldn't be. As a result, their fan base must see this season as a disappointment and may not travel as well as normal. There may even be sentiment that Beemer ball has run it's course. He's made a living on great D and special teams, which was enough to dominate a mediocre ACC. However, that may not get it done going forward. This also makes me curious about the line because I think the public at large is going to have a hard time forgetting that Tech is supposed to be good and that Tenn is supposed to be a disaster with a loud-mouth coach.

Tenn, on the other hand, was assumed to be rebuilding and pretty much anything good would be nice. They played FL and Bama much closer than anyone expected and Vol nation is optimistic and generally pleased. I see them going to the ATL and filling the house looking to end a promising beginning to the Kiffin era on a positive note.

I'm not saying the Vols crush 'em or anything because I don't think they're really capable of crushing anyone. And they're certainly more than capable of losing to anyone. However, I anticipate the odds are going to be more favorable than they should be and plan to take advantage of that. Relying mainly on the money line and somewhat hedging by taking the points as well.

:wacko:

Does the SEC Under 6 1/2 wins in the bowl games mean the SEC is down even if Bama wins it all and the SEC goes 2-0 in BCS bowls? :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Does the SEC Under 6 1/2 wins in the bowl games mean the SEC is down even if Bama wins it all and the SEC goes 2-0 in BCS bowls? :wacko:

If Alabama wins, it would be hard to argue that the SEC wasn't the best this year. The top of the conference fared well, which is what you really want. Only LSU lost, in a game that coulda gone either way, and on a field that was a complete disgrace. But Bama, Florida, Miss, Auburn, and Georgia would've all picked up wins. Not really sure what else you would want. The other bowls suck. I guess VT hammering Tenn is a bit of a black eye, but all in all, a great effort from the Southeastern Conference. Hopefully Alabama doesn't win though, as Nick Saban deserves nothing but a kick in the nuts for simply being an a$$hole.

Who said stats are for losers? :wacko:

BCS NC Records by conference

Conference Wins Losses Winning Teams Losing Teams

SEC -> (6- 0) Tennessee, LSU (2), Florida (2), Alabama

Big 12 -> (2- 5) Oklahoma, Texas Oklahoma (3), Nebraska, Texas

Pac-10 -> (1-1) USC USC

ACC -> (1-2) Florida State Florida State (2)

Big East -> (1-2) Miami (FL) Virginia Tech, Miami (FL)

Big Ten -> (1- 2) Ohio State Ohio State (2)

BCS Bowl Records by conference

SEC -> (14-5)

MWC -> (2-1)

WAC -> (2-1)

Pac 10-> (9-5)

Big East-> (6-6)

Big 10 -> (10-11)

Big 12 -> (7-10)

ACC -> (2-10)

Independent (0-3)

Not making excuses... but the Big Ten typically plays the cream of the crop in these BCS Bowl games. And since so many of you put such an emphasis on quality losses

2000: Washington (1 loss Pac 10 Champions that no one woulda thought twice if they were playing for the NC over FSU)

2001: LSU (in the super dome, where LSU is nearly unbeatable)

2002: USC (I was there, and it wasn't pretty, but this was the launch of USC's reign of dominance)

2003: USC (best team in the land)

2004: Texas (Vince Young finally arrived, and we all know what he did next year)

2006: USC

2006: Florida (sucks to be sure, however, no one would argue that this was a loss to a team that Ohio State NEVER should've lost too, like say... Alabama losing to Utah last year, or perhaps Oklahoma losing to Boise State?, or even TCU losing to Boise State?)

2007: LSU (again, excellent football team already, and nearly unbeatable in the Super Dome in that atmosphere. Ohio State and Oklahoma both found out the hard way, and that Illinois squad in 2001)

2007: USC

2008: USC

2008: Texas (Probably shoulda been playing Florida for the BCS NC, instead of the team they beat, Oklahoma)

Wins

1998: UCLA (Pac 10 Champions)

1998: Texas A & M (Big 12 Champions) (And we also beat the so called best team in the Big 12 Kansas State as well to end any arguments there)

1999: Alabama (SEC Champions)

1999: Stanford (Pac 10 Champions)

2002: Miami (Big East Champions, defending national Champions, and annointed the greatest team of all time all year long)

2003: Kansas State (Big 12 Champions)

2005: Notre Dame

2005: Florida State (ACC Champions)

2009: Oregon (Pac 10 Champions)

2009: Georgia Tech (ACC Champions)

9 wins vs league champions, and the other vs Notre Dame. All of the losses came to league champions, and/or teams that arguments could be made that they were playing better than anyone else at the ends of those years. Considering the funk that the Big Ten was in during the 2006-2008 stretch, 10-11 against that competition, is pretty freaking impressive.