[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hosed by commish on tiebreakers

scottyjets

I have formally 'appealed' and am waiting a decision, but I have a feeling it's not going to go my way.

I'm in a casual league with my college buddies, it's just a $50 buy-in and we all talk a lot of trash. I've won the league the first two seasons (07 and 08) and I've had a rough year but I was on the playoff bubble to go for the three-peat in '09.

Called commish and asked him what the tiebreakers were at about Noon ET on Sunday, he wasn't sure but said he'd look into it. I don't hear from him all day, and then I lost, forcing me into a tie for the final playoff spot with the team that beat me. Commish sends out an e-mail at 11pm (after my opponent cemented the win) stating first tiebreaker was head-to-head record (tied 1-1) and second was total points (he wins).

I didn't think twice as these guys are all my friends, but out of curiosity tonight found an e-mail sent last October stating the first tiebreaker was head-to-head, second was division record (I'm 6-4, he's 5-5) and third was total points.

There was no change in this rule up until 11pm Sunday. No change during the off-season, no change even before the final week of the regular season.

I feel like there's some collusion here to try to eliminate me from becoming a dynasty. Do I have the right to be furious? Should the brackets stand as-is simply because I waited too long (Two days later, Tuesday night at 11pm) to discover this injustice?

It's not about the money, I genuinely want to beat the crap out of my friends in fantasy football, so with my appeal I included a note saying that if my appeal is upheld I will be 'playing for the people' in the playoffs and the three-peat will be enough of a prize.

Will update as this develops...

Edited by scottyjets

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have formally 'appealed' and am waiting a decision, but I have a feeling it's not going to go my way.

I'm in a casual league with my college buddies, it's just a $50 buy-in and we all talk a lot of trash. I've won the league the first two seasons (07 and 08) and I've had a rough year but I was on the playoff bubble to go for the three-peat in '09.

Called commish and asked him what the tiebreakers were at about Noon ET on Sunday, he wasn't sure but said he'd look into it. I don't hear from him all day, and then I lost, forcing me into a tie for the final playoff spot with the team that beat me. Commish sends out an e-mail at 11pm (after my opponent cemented the win) stating first tiebreaker was head-to-head record (tied 1-1) and second was total points (he wins).

I didn't think twice as these guys are all my friends, but out of curiosity tonight found an e-mail sent last October stating the first tiebreaker was head-to-head, second was division record (I'm 6-4, he's 5-5) and third was total points.

There was no change in this rule up until 11pm Sunday. No change during the off-season, no change even before the final week of the regular season.

I feel like there's some collusion here to try to eliminate me from becoming a dynasty. Do I have the right to be furious? Should the brackets stand as-is simply because I waited too long (Two days later, Tuesday night at 11pm) to discover this injustice?

It's not about the money, I genuinely want to beat the crap out of my friends in fantasy football, so with my appeal I included a note saying that if my appeal is upheld I will be 'playing for the people' in the playoffs and the three-peat will be enough of a prize.

Will update as this develops...

I assume you have sent this info to the commish? Then there should be no argument, UNLESS there's another e-mail you somehow missed that changed this.

You should also suggest to the league that they make a set of rules, so you don't have to depend on whichever e-mails you happen to get.

This is the only correspondence regarding any rule changes. Names changed to protect the innocent:

10/24/08 - from commish to league

An Important Letter From the Desk of the Commissioner

Hey All,

Playoff and Draft info:

I've had a few questions about who makes the playoffs this year and because I am not 100% sure how ESPN automatically does it, I have decided to manually input the playoff contenders through these specifications at the end of the season.

6 teams make the playoffs. 2 teams get a bye week on the first week of the playoffs (week 14).

Division Championships - Week 15. (Final Four)

Fantasy Superbowl - Week 16.

We do not play week 17 as NFL teams start to bench starters.

The Winner of EACH DIVISION gets the bye week. Then the 2nd and 3rd place team from each division makes the playoffs. The 2nd & 3rd place from each division will play their division rival on week 14 to make it to the Division Championships. Week 15 is the Division Championship. #1 team with bye will play the winner form their division from the previous week. The two remaining teams (1 from each division) will play in the final game on week 16. We do not go into week 17 as many teams start benching good players. You will not play anyone outside your division in the playoffs until the Fantasy Superbowl.

I don't care if you are in second place in one division and have a better record than the #1 team in the other division. You will not get the bye. I don't care if you are 4th place in your division and have a better record than the #3 team making the playoffs in the other division. You will not make the playoffs.

In the result of a tie, the tiebreak is:

Head to Head result

Better Division Record

Total Points Scored over Regular Season

Who gets me $50 payment first

8/10/09 - from commish to league

Team Owners,

You will be happy to know that I have finally tallied up all the survey results. 11 out of the 12 team owners responded so we have a pretty good idea of what people want. I have attached the final spreadsheet so everyone can see that their vote counted. You will be able to pick out your survey in the group and match up your answers with one "Team" so you know it counted. Believe it or not, after all the votes were in, there are no changes. See the results below.

Cost of Fantasy

Remains at $50

Divisions

Keep Same As Last Year - 2 divisions, and the best 3 teams from each division make it to the playoffs.

Rosters Offense/Defense/Bench

Keep the roster the same

1pt Per Reception Rule

Keep same as last year. 1 pt per reception

Defense Pts. per Tackle

Keep same as last year. 1 pt per tackle, 0.5 pts per assisted tackle.

Defense - Sacks

Keep same as last year. 3 pts per sack

Keepers

Can Keep any one offense and any one defense on your current roster (no exclusions. They are allowed to be your keeper last year, they are allowed to be another team's keeper last year)

Keepers

One Offense & One Defense Player

So these are the rules going forward. If anyone has any major problems with this let me know ASAP if you want to leave the league.

Sunday, 10/6/09, 11pm - from commish to league

Playoff Tie-Breakers

First Tie-Breaker

Head to Head Record during regurlar season.

2nd Tie-Breaker:

Total Season Points Scored during regular season.

In case of three-way tie:

If 2 teams have winning record over 3rd team. Obviously these two teams proceed.

If one team has winning record over both teams. That team will proceed.

Otherwise it will be determined by total points scored over regular season.

This is what I had in writing over the last few seasons.

Tuesday, 10/8/09, 11pm - from scottyjets to league

Commish I need to appeal the tiebreakers. The only mention of tiebreakers you've ever sent prior to Sunday night has division record as the second tiebreaker. I'll forward that e-mail back to you.

1) Me and Bob are tied head-to-head, 1-1

2) I am 6-4 in the division and Bob is 5-5

Scottyjets should be in the playoffs and defending our rightful title, please adjust...

Tuesday, 10/8/09, 11:30pm - from commish to league

Scott.

I know what email you're talking about. Its from Oct 2008. It was a ruling before the 08 playoffs and it was changed because it was a stupid rule. I have a lil consitution I keep.

Everyone wanted head to head to matter most. Which I kept, but then the only way to really have the best teams in is by the team that has scored the most points of the season. Not a divison record that matters on the quality of teams you're playing. There was already mixed feelings about the divisions, and it was removed. As well, I posted on ESPN message prior to whoever won or lost what the conditions were to make the playoffs.

Sorry dude, Final Commissioner Ruling.

Tuesday, 10/8/09, 11:45pm - from scottyjets to league

Commish, yes, it was from last October, that was the last mention of tiebreakers. That was the rule heading into last year's playoffs. The rule was never changed before the start of the season.

You sent an e-mail at 11pm on Sunday essentially changing the rule. My game was already decided at that point.

I think you need to give this more consideration. This is really cut and dry.

I know that no matter how compelling the evidence this isn't going my way, but despite my instincts to quit after this injustice I do value this league as a way to stay in touch with some college friends who have dispersed around the country.

Edited by scottyjets

This is just ridiculous...

---2:30am from Commish to league

Final Ruling:

Playoffs are staying the same way as they were sent earlier today. For further discription feel free to read below. Its boring unless your Scott or Bob or just interested.

Scott & League

I've seen the email Scott sent as well as the Vote Sheet I wrote.

Before Oct 2008, where were the specific playoff tie-breaker rules quoted rules before i posted them in an email? They weren't written yet, they were in my head. I'm the commission and make these rules and rulings for the benefit of the league. That was last seaon and our first season with divisions. The rule worked for last year but not this year.

Sunday night I looked at a spreadsheet I have with all the written rules I have and forwarded the rules i made. For the next few seasons I'll be sure to forward this entire constitution before the season so there are no questions. But still, its only written with the rules and questions we have had to dealt with thus far. I'm sure that there will still be grey areas either myself or another commission will have to write in the future. (i.e. draft trade rules)

Anyway, my ruling for the playoffs this year (what was written earlier this season by me) came in before I looked at the big picture of who could make or miss the playoffs. It came in before I knew I was even in the playoffs, and yea it was Sunday night and some of your games may have been over but I had just finished moving apts and all I knew is I missed a great Giants game and that I had to make a final playoff ruling. In order to do that I had to turn on my piece of poopy computer that takes 30 mins to load up to pull out the specific ruling from the consitution I have written. When I made the ruling Sun night it was before I even looked at the "head to head" and "Season pts" and figured out who was in and who missed the playoffs. I didn't know for sure who was in/out until today except for a few people. (Joe with a 11-2 record was an obvious in). .

So the FINAL RULING IS . . ., I have a lil spreadsheet I keep with the rules (similar to the vote i sent out). I'm the commissioner. I dont need the leagues vote to change incidental rules (i.e. second playoff spot tie-breaker). I checked my spreadsheet this weekend and made the ruling that was posted and it will stand.

Before I turned on my poopyty computer to get the excel sheet I tried to find a saved version of it in my emails and as a result had already come across the email Scott quoted and also an email I sent chuck last November about head to head and then season points as tie-breakers. But I remembered previously thinking it was a stupid rule and thought i may have changed it.

Final Statement why this is the better way to do it. Whats is the most fair way to decide who makes the playoffs?

Head to Head is the best way. Two teams faced before and if someone has a winning record they should proceed over them.

And then the next best way is to find who put together the strongest team throughout the entire season. And that measurement is who scored the highest pts.

Having the division record act as a tie-breaker is like having "lowest points against" be the the tie-breaker. It really has nothing to do with who's team is the best. It has to do with how other teams played against you, not the highest quality teams making the playoffs.

---2:36am from Scott to league

I have always respected you as a good Commissioner and appreciate the time you put into running this league, but I am having a really hard time not questioning your integrity right now.

Every rule change in this league has been documented. You even did a thorough survey and e-mailed an outline of all rule changes to everyone, which included nothing about tiebreakers.

YOU AS COMMISSIONER MUST NOTIFY THE LEAGUE IF YOU ARE CHANGING A RULE.

Whether you consider a rule 'incidental', or 'stupid' does not matter. You can't change something on the fly and not tell anybody.

You also already contradicted yourself. You stated on the league message board tiebreaker post that "This is what I had in writing over the last few seasons."... yet last year we played with Division record as the second tiebreaker.

I can only conclude that you are either telling me:

1) You changed the tiebreaker rules at 11pm on the Sunday of the final week of the fantasy regular season.

2) You made two seperate lists of rule changes this offseason, one of which was e-mailed to the entire league, while the other was held in a secret 'constitution'.

I know I've been hosed, but I just want to be clear, which one is it?

This is completely unjust, I am not being unreasonable here.

Wow! Where does he get off stating, "I'm the commissioner. I don't need the leagues vote to change incidental rules (i.e. second playoff spot tie-breaker)." Is that in the rules that he doesn't need the league's vote?

He also writes, "It's boring unless you're Scott or Bob or just interested." The whole league should be interested. Doesn't he want everyone to know the brand new rules? This ruling effects everyone, and anytime someone is hosed, then the whole league is hosed. Btw, I have had to correct the punctuation and spelling of every single quote. I guess this commissioner's computer is so old that spell check doesn't work on it.

Did you e-mail your response to the whole league? I would. This matter should be voted on by the entire league. Just because it's only $50.00 is not the point. You spent 13 weeks playing this game, and to have your playoff spot taken away from you due to a last minute rule change is absurd. He can't change a rule that he thinks is stupid without informing everyone.

If this ruling stands, you have to quit. This is the type of thing, you can never get over and future problems will occur if this guy remains the commissioner.

I can't believe how mad this thread has gotten me. I feel like I'm watching the news or a movie and cursing at the bad guy on the screen. This guy really irks me.

Edited by electricrelish

I appreciate the sympathy, you can't imagine how I feel with my bid for a three-peat cut short like this. Any other league I'd cut ties with, but there are two good friends from college in this league (one is actually the commish, lives in Utah, and the other lives in Virginia, I'm in NY), I'm pissed but this is a solid way to keep in touch with old friends and that's the only reason I'm so competitive for all of $50.

I'm going to get my money's worth here at the least . . .

If this guy is a friend of yours I wouldn't want to meet your enemies. It sounds like this guy is a leetch and has a GOD complex with the "I'm the commissioner" quote. I'm with the others you have to quit. Take the rest of the league with you. This guy has definitely screwed you because he's probably jealous. That to me is unreal that you can screw a friend over FF. What you should do is appeal to the rest of the league and to the owner of the team that made the playoffs and ask for your rightful spot. If a rule is going to be changed the league MUST be notified prior to the start of the season. Changing rules after a draft or during a season is a big bone of contention with me. It's usually done to benefit the one making the rule. This is supposed to be fun it's not supposed to ruin friendships which is what I think may happen here.

One more thing. The commish said he didn't think division record should be a tie-breaker because total points reflects the real strength of a team. If that's true why is H to H a tie-breaker? They really aren't any different except for the amount of games being considered.

This guy is a snake. Glad I'm not in your league. Sorry dude!! :wacko:

If this guy is a friend of yours I wouldn't want to meet your enemies. It sounds like this guy is a leetch and has a GOD complex with the "I'm the commissioner" quote. I'm with the others you have to quit. Take the rest of the league with you. This guy has definitely screwed you because he's probably jealous. That to me is unreal that you can screw a friend over FF. What you should do is appeal to the rest of the league and to the owner of the team that made the playoffs and ask for your rightful spot. If a rule is going to be changed the league MUST be notified prior to the start of the season. Changing rules after a draft or during a season is a big bone of contention with me. It's usually done to benefit the one making the rule. This is supposed to be fun it's not supposed to ruin friendships which is what I think may happen here.

One more thing. The commish said he didn't think division record should be a tie-breaker because total points reflects the real strength of a team. If that's true why is H to H a tie-breaker? They really aren't any different except for the amount of games being considered.

This guy is a snake. Glad I'm not in your league. Sorry dude!! :wacko:

This guy is a jerk. He is either screwing you on purpose or he's incredibly stupid and egosistical. Send the entire league a link to this thread. Then mutiny on him, and get a new commisioner.

So the FINAL RULING IS . . ., I have a lil spreadsheet I keep with the rules (similar to the vote i sent out). I'm the commissioner. I dont need the leagues vote to change incidental rules (i.e. second playoff spot tie-breaker). I checked my spreadsheet this weekend and made the ruling that was posted and it will stand.

:wacko::D

It is unfortunate that your friend's judgment is being clouded by his own ff agenda. I say you email the entire league and ask that everyone chimes in with what they think should happen. Even if the commish claims that he doesn't need a league vote, give him one anyway. Then if he continues to be a prick, announce your resignation from the league and invite everyone else to join you in a new league next season where integrity matters.

Does the Commissioner hold the league money? If so, you are at his mercy. The only way to settle this is to go to his abode and picket in front of his house. The liberal media will show up and you can then make your case known to the entire fantasy football playing world. The embarrassment he will be forced to entire will probably take the spotlight off Tiger's problems and you will become a celebrity! I would like to invite you to join any BOTH league next season where you will find EVERYONE is a gentleman and a scholar and will welcome you with open arms.

It is too bad you feel bound by friendship and do not want to disturb a connection to these guys because it is prohibiting you from giving this idiot the true blasting and all out assault that he truly deserves.

Its in a lil constitution that I keep ??? I changed it after the games were determined on the final week because div records is a stupid rule ? I don't need a league vote because I am commisioner ? if I had said these things in my maoin local that I used to Commish they not only would have come after me they may have taken a swing at my 89 year old grandmother.

Whether it is a friends and family league or big competitive league the rules have to be very defined and posted for all to see. That is always going to be the end all in decisions and if it written and posted you wouldn't have this problem.

In that same local that I used to commish we all fell asleep at the wheel and didn't realize when the last week of free agents was. All of us except 1 team. That guy made his playoff run moves and the rest of us didn't. We ended up screwed because it was written in our rules and if you make changes on the fly you may as well toss the rulebook in the garbage. A commish enforces rules. A league majority vote creates them

Latest response...

Scott,

Last email on this matter. Still in the middle of a move and I don't have time for this. Final ruling has already been made and is staying the same.

You're right, I've been a pretty awesome commissioner. As you and the other people who have been in the league for all three seasons know I've made everything almost 100 % transparent and have almost everything in writing all the time. As far as history has shown its a league with 100% integrity and there have not been any real disputes until this one. Only thing I field is constant complaints about certain rules which is why i made the vote last year. I didn't make the playoffs the last 2 years. And until this last weekend I didn't think I was making them for a 3rd year in a row. I haven't gone in and changed scores or done anything sketchy in the past so I'd make the playoffs, or win a game. To call in my integrity over a $50 fantasy football league is pretty preposterous man. I'm not working so you miss the playoffs or Bob makes them. You're both my friends and either one of you making the playoffs is fine with me. Yes, some people in the league may "be gunning" for you since you won the first two seasons, but its not like I've done, or would do anything that would purposely kick you out of the playoffs to prevent you from winning again. And there is nothing any other team could really do other then hope they win against you or hope you lose.

Main point: I didn't change the rules at 11pm on Sun & I would say there is no secret list of rules. But since I'm the commission and am the only one with this document I have saved, I guess it is kinda secret, although readily available to anyone who wanted it. Worthy of a fantasy football conspiracy theory? I don't think so. I just figured I'm the one who would need a list so I could make the rulings.

I have a list of rules (constitution, rule book, whatever you want to call it) on my computer I'll send you this weekend. You haven't been hosed, you had a ruling that didn't go in your favor. Guess what? If the ruling went the other way, I would probably get one hate e-mail from Bob and it would be over with. Your team did not make the playoffs. Sorry man. If I had posted these rules 24 hours earlier it would have been alot simpler I know. But I have a life and like i said 5 times already I'm in the middle of moving and this past weekend was pretty much taken up by that and hitting the Mtn to snowboard for a few hours Sat & Sun morning. So until I consulted the rule book, I didn't respond.

I made a ruling from the list of rules I looked up that I had on file before I knew who would be in and who would be out of the playoffs. Just reported the rules as they were save. Final ruling has been made. I'm not commenting on this again. On the message board I did say it was how it was for the last few seasons which is automatically incorrect because we only had the divisions last year. (Maybe I said it was the same way as last season, IDK, i don't remember the exact post and I'm not looking it up). Like I said before man. I've been running around this last week, and sorry I wrote a sentence that was incorrect. I did already see the "important playoff" email at that point, and i made the ruling from the set of written rules I work off of, and it didn't occur to me while i wrote that sentence that it was inaccurate.

As for the vote on tie-breakers. It was during the vote that I realized that "divison record" had to be removed. But there is no way to make a "vote" on it. How do you vote on what tie-breakers to keep, or what order? This type of thing is just an executive decision that i made when I got all the votes back in and wrote up the constitution. Might I add I had to pester most of the league to even get their votes i, I will say you probably got it back right away since you're always on top of this stuff. At the end I think I still only got 11 ballots. You're right, i should have set an email out stating that small change or just the constitution in general so everyone had a copy. I dont even know if there were any other small changes. I'll send you the rules so you have the full listing and you can review and send the list out to the rest of the league if you notice any other small changes so they can be aware. I don't have time for that right now.

But the discuss over this matter is over man. Sorry.

So here we go. We can work it out this way. Lets look back at the 08 email

Here is the order of tie-breakers:

We both like the head to head rule. You and Derek split. Next. . .

You want divison record. (I, the commission disputed that) Next . . .

I want Season Pts (You disputed that) Next . . .

Next tie-breaker is. . . who got their $50 in first. Still waiting on yours. I got Bob's in Sept. You going to pay, you're the only person I'm waiting on.

Sorry man. you missed the playoffs. I know it sucks, i missed them 2 years in a row. And I had to go online and run the playoffs as the commissioner. I couldn't just adjust my team, hope i got a good draft pick and not pay attention. I had to still run the playoffs and be sure to be on top of any disputes while I wasn't even in the game anymore. I'm not working for anyone or against anyone. Its a fun game and that's all. I know you think you got hosed, but you didn't. I just posted the written rules I have. Just try to remember, its a game. You pay $50 to play and 3 people get their money back or more. Everyone hopes to win it all, or at least get their money back but not everyone does. ITS A GAME.

~Commish

My response:

Commish, I'm breaking your balls a little bit, because frankly I am entitled to right now, and I do believe you, we're all busy with life (yes even me) and it's understandable, but the fact is, you made a mistake by never sending out this rule change. You never sent out this 'constitution' so we were playing under the rules you sent out.

This is a lot of information and I appreciate you taking the time to explain your process, but you have not addressed the only thing I have asked you.

***When we all set our lineups Week 13, the entire league was operating under last year's rules + the summary you sent out after the survey. That's all we received and that's what we've been playing with all year.***

We were playing with the rules you sent out, and you ignored the rules we were playing under and implemented something else that nobody but you has ever seen before.

You are yet to address this and you are being an unjust Commissioner by making a 'final ruling' without addressing this.

No matter your intentions, you pulled a switcheroo at 11pm. You need to stick with the rules we were operating under.

What if you thought having no wildcards is stupid, (I mean why shouldn't the best six teams make the playoffs?), and you told us at 11pm on Week 13 that you changed that before the season. I guarantee whoever was shafted as a result would be just as pissed as me.

This is a serious ruling and I would hope at the least you would engage a third-party before making your decision. You made this ruling 42 minutes after I wrote you, didn't even sleep on it. I'm more than disappointed that my bid for a three-peat ends like this. This isn't about the money, I've already offered everyone to keep their $$ if I win and I feel that's more than generous.

You are wrong and I guarantee 9 out of 10 outsiders would agree with me.

Obviously PMs aren't going to get you anywhere, since he refuses to admit that his rule change isn't just, so I'd definitely take it to a league vote.

The commisioner might enforce rules, but he still has to answer to the rest of the league before changing a rule. And regardless, you can't change a rule after-the-fact. That's the exact reason he put out the rule changes prior to the season, right?

So if he didn't propose it be changed then, then there's nothing he can do about it. Your league should back you up that you play by the rules that you agreed on before the season. It is your league's rules, not the commisioners. If they don't agree with you, then I'd use facebook to keep up with college friends rather than finding out first-hand how dishonest they are.

I won the league the last two years and both times paid on time, and both times patiently waited (until the following July) to receive all my prize money because someone else slacked, I was very cool about it, and I don't believe for a minute that everyone else is paid up at this point, it's not a $$ issue it's just a priority thing, and like I said this league isn't about the money. I do intend to pay the eventual 09-champ, but they will probably wait until July just like I did last year. And they'll get it in pennies or something. Even if I have to pay more than the entry fee to ship it. It's really not related at all to the fact that I got shafted here.

I've adjusted my team logo:

http://www.nll.com/scott/leonn.jpg

And I've pulled my entire starting lineup from the 'consolation bracket for #1 pick' in protest.

I think this is pretty much wrapped up though. Commish is stubborn, I could send him this link and the entire league could agree, he won't change his mind on this. No point in wasting my time. I have the top seed in my 16-team $500 league I need to tend to anyway.

God I am so pissed.

I'm not really surprised that despite the fact that everyone in the league was copied on every e-mail in this chain, nobody but me or Commish responded. I honestly don't think I would win a league vote (Bob + Commish + his two siblings will vote that way) and the rest of the league is likely either happy I'm out because they're sick of me winning, or they are out of the playoffs already and don't care about anything fantasy football right now to even bother voting. I'm not going to bother calling a league-vote.

I'll probably send this thread link out to everyone but it's not going to do me any good at this point.

Also this is not going to create a rift in our friendships. I've been through bigger problems with these folks in real-life and likely caused enough ruckus at each others expenses to more than make up for this. I'm pretty sure both Commish and I have a thick enough skin to not let a fantasy football argument (no matter how wrong he is) cause some real problems.

I won the league the last two years and both times paid on time, and both times patiently waited (until the following July) to receive all my prize money because someone else slacked, I was very cool about it, and I don't believe for a minute that everyone else is paid up at this point, it's not a $$ issue it's just a priority thing, and like I said this league isn't about the money. I do intend to pay the eventual 09-champ, but they will probably wait until July just like I did last year. And they'll get it in pennies or something. Even if I have to pay more than the entry fee to ship it. It's really not related at all to the fact that I got shafted here.

I've adjusted my team logo:

http://www.nll.com/scott/leonn.jpg

And I've pulled my entire starting lineup from the 'consolation bracket for #1 pick' in protest.

I think this is pretty much wrapped up though. Commish is stubborn, I could send him this link and the entire league could agree, he won't change his mind on this. No point in wasting my time. I have the top seed in my 16-team $500 league I need to tend to anyway.

God I am so pissed.

Yea, I want to kick the commish's Azz real bad for you. My blood pressure went up just reading this thread. My best adivice to you is pay your $50.00 bucks today and go forward. You got burned, but your young. You will grow to be a better man. :wacko:

Your commissioner says right away that he's not changing his mind. Therefore, there's nothing to talk about. Next, he talks about moving. He's trying to come up with excuses. It's only $50.00. He wants to talk about everything but the real issue. Perhaps, the move and everything else is putting pressure on the commissioner because he obviously doesn't want to come to grips with the fact that he's wrong and made a mistake, so he's doing everything he can to deflect away from him.

I'm pretty sure both Commish and I have a thick enough skin to not let a fantasy football argument (no matter how wrong he is) cause some real problems.

If your friend's integrity is in question about little things, then you can bet that more serious failings are soon to come. It's one thing to have a friend that you go out with and smash beer cans on your head with, but I don't think this is a guy I could ever count on. He's sending you a message and giving you a big warning sign. This is the type of guy you complain about to your friends, not be friends with. If you want to stay in this league, then you need to recommend a commissioner change, because your commissioner is not up to the task. If you let this one go, and you stay in this league, you will only have yourself to blame the next time you get hosed.

Edited by electricrelish