[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hosed by commish on tiebreakers

scottyjets

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell him that you wrote a note on your computer back in September that you were not

going to be in his league, therefore you don't need to pay him the $50.00.

I think you should do this as well. You're taking this far too lightly. If you let this go then you've pretty much cemented the fact that you're a pushover. "Yeah, Yeah, scottyjets will bitch for a couple days but he'll get over it." Don't go out like that man. Stand you're ground and tell this arrogant prick to pick up the $50 you're NOT going to pay.

Commish has read this thread and simply commented:

"I read it and I didn't see much merit in it. "

that about wraps this up.

It's a bit weak to send him a link to the discussion link as some sort of support for your position. We only ever heard your side of the story, so who else's side would we take? And honestly, we don't know the league or all the facts, so what the hell does our opinion matter anyway?

On that note . . .

1. If your Commish changed the playoff tiebreaker rule, he should have informed everyone in writing before the season began. Changing rules after a game is in play is unfair. :wacko:

2. You seem to have a good handle on the fact that this is not a real league, just a collection of old friends with a mediocre commish. If you want to pay $50 to hang out virtually with your friends and talk football then enjoy it for what it is. Personally, I don't know you or your friends, but I'm not hearing anything worth $50 so far. Your call. :D

3. In a league like this, bragging to us about being a two-time champ and using the word three-peat as often as you did is a little pathetic. It suggests maybe you are taking it as more of a serious competition despite telling us you see it as just a fuggaround buddy league. If you want to compete, you have to find another league. :D

4. The way you argue with your friend was doomed to fail. You did a horrible job of presenting your case and winning any respect for your position within your league. Things came across as whiny to me. There's better ways to influence decisions and when you realize you can't change this year's playoff picture, being a martyr to help influence change in rules and the way the league is run for the future would have been a smarter play. :D

5. If I seem like I have little sympathy for you, it's purely because I dislike New Yorkers. :D:D

It's a bit weak to send him a link to the discussion link as some sort of support for your position. We only ever heard your side of the story, so who else's side would we take? And honestly, we don't know the league or all the facts, so what the hell does our opinion matter anyway?

We do have the commissioner's side of the story. Scott posted his e-mails. If the commissioner actually read this thread, you would think that he might want to chime in and respond about how Scott has got it all wrong. It's just that none of us are going to get sidetracked listening to him whine about his move or his poopty computer. When someone starts their letter with "Last email on this matter," it means that they want to shut the door and not engage in any type of conversation that may reveal what they've done.

Edited by electricrelish

We do have the commissioner's side of the story. Scott posted his e-mails.

Not quite the same as him making his own case to us.

If the commissioner actually read this thread, you would think that he might want to chime in and respond about how Scott has got it all wrong.

Why should he feel the need to do that? I don't think the opinions of the people on this board are really something he'll lose any sleep over.

As Commish, if you decide how your league runs by the posts you read on The Huddle's forums, you've got real problems. What's telling is that nobody else in the league is really championing the OPs cause.

Why should he feel the need to do that? I don't think the opinions of the people on this board are really something he'll lose any sleep over.

As Commish, if you decide how your league runs by the posts you read on The Huddle's forums, you've got real problems. What's telling is that nobody else in the league is really championing the OPs cause.

Considering one is the commish,one is the guy he let in, one is the OP, six are out of the playoffs and prolly don't care, that leaves only three.

Face it, the commish is a D-BAG who thinks he runs a dictatorship.

As Commish, if you decide how your league runs by the posts you read on The Huddle's forums, you've got real problems.

Ultimately, being a good commissioner comes from having a good set of rules that are tweaked each year by the league as a whole. Knowing the right thing to do when there are disagreements in a league comes from experience. I think it's a mistake to be closed minded and not consider what others have to say. The Huddlers here have a lot of experience in life and in fantasy, and some of their input is worth listening to.

Did you not see this important post?

Your commish is a pathetic little turd. And Bob is an undigested piece of corn stuck in that turd.

You are the man don't take no poopy from noone! Say it how it is and that's that your way or the highway.......... Wait a second you're right the commish never did give his side in person here and you sure are acting like him! Hmmmmmm..... People I think the commish has arrived! Sampson is commish welcome to the party oh holy one!! Care to give us your side of the story now partner!! :D:wacko:

You are the man don't take no poopy from noone! Say it how it is and that's that your way or the highway.......... Wait a second you're right the commish never did give his side in person here and you sure are acting like him! Hmmmmmm..... People I think the commish has arrived! Sampson is commish welcome to the party oh holy one!! Care to give us your side of the story now partner!! :D:wacko:

I think you're right, sure does sound like he's the commish.

LOL wow so anyone who doesn't agree with the OP is the commish?

I have to agree with Sampson. The OP has also done plenty wrong here, in addition to the commish's wrongdoing.

On one hand the OP complains about getting his winnings late, and on the other hand he perpetuates the same cycle by not paying his own entry fees.

And actually from the emails posted, the commish seems to be willing to let bygones be bygones, despite the whining and griping from the OP. If the commish has been making executive decisions in this league, it's the entire league's fault for not making rules or changes. You can't cry about it now (3 years in) because a decision didn't go your way, when the commish has had this power all along. Something should have been done earlier.

I say, if you like these guys, pay your money and move on to next season--with the intentions of making improvements and using this situation as the catalyst.

There is a lot of dysfunction in this league, hang in there to make the necessary changes. I have even less respect for someone who quits and bails on his responsibility (paying his dues) to a league he has previously prospered from, than I do for a commish who changes a rule for the betterment of the league...

LOL wow so anyone who doesn't agree with the OP is the commish?

I have to agree with Sampson. The OP has also done plenty wrong here, in addition to the commish's wrongdoing.

On one hand the OP complains about getting his winnings late, and on the other hand he perpetuates the same cycle by not paying his own entry fees.

And actually from the emails posted, the commish seems to be willing to let bygones be bygones, despite the whining and griping from the OP. If the commish has been making executive decisions in this league, it's the entire league's fault for not making rules or changes. You can't cry about it now (3 years in) because a decision didn't go your way, when the commish has had this power all along. Something should have been done earlier.

I say, if you like these guys, pay your money and move on to next season--with the intentions of making improvements and using this situation as the catalyst.

There is a lot of dysfunction in this league, hang in there to make the necessary changes. I have even less respect for someone who quits and bails on his responsibility (paying his dues) to a league he has previously prospered from, than I do for a commish who changes a rule for the betterment of the league...

You are either joking, or didn't read any of this.

You are either joking, or didn't read any of this.

[/b][/b]

I read all of it, and I'm not joking. The OP has prospered financially from this league (twice). He has a responsibility to pay his dues, no matter what the decision was. Was it completely fair? No. But I can't argue with the commish's logic for the change, just his method. If the shoe was on the other foot, the OP wouldn't be complaining AT ALL. He would be tooting his horn about his inevitable 3-peat instead of whining to all of us...

So let me get this straight. In one of your leagues, if you made the playoffs as the last seed based on the current rules, and

were told after the season was over that , sorry Royal, I as commish decided to change a rule, I didn't tell you about it because,

well you didn't need to know, but now you don't make the playoffs, sorry.

So I guess you would be happy with that.

I read all of it, and I'm not joking. The OP has prospered financially from this league (twice). He has a responsibility to pay his dues, no matter what the decision was. Was it completely fair? No. But I can't argue with the commish's logic for the change, just his method. If the shoe was on the other foot, the OP wouldn't be complaining AT ALL. He would be tooting his horn about his inevitable 3-peat instead of whining to all of us...

Gotta disagree with you here on this one. The commish's logic is flawed. The commish's logic is that higher points for the season equals a better team, which is not true. If that's the logic you go with, then why would the league even have divisions? Why would the league have head to head match-ups? They should have just made it a point race all season long. The reason many leagues play with divisions and head to head match-ups is because they are trying to emulate an NFL season. And in the NFL, the division record matters. Those were the rules that were e-mailed to the league. There's no way that Scott could have known about the commish's l'il constitution that he keeps on his "poopty" computer. It reminds me of Senator Joseph McCarthy's blank piece of paper with a list of names of known communists. McCarthy said he did it for the good of America, and this commissioner says he's secretly changing rules on his constitution for the good of the league. Thank goodness the league has this awesome commish looking out for everyone. Making everything transparent and unseen.

If the O.P. is going to accept the commissioner's decision, then he should just smile, lick up some more of his college buddy's sh#$t, and pay his fifty dollars. After wards, follow Bob's advice and take two aspirin.

So let me get this straight. In one of your leagues, if you made the playoffs as the last seed based on the current rules, and

were told after the season was over that , sorry Royal, I as commish decided to change a rule, I didn't tell you about it because,

well you didn't need to know, but now you don't make the playoffs, sorry.

So I guess you would be happy with that.

Umm, no you are missing the point. I would have been proactive in my league to make sure this type of thing didn't go down, that our commish didn't have absolute power. If you go along with the crowd and allow this type of thing to go on for years--AND happily reap the benefits of the league--don't be upset when the monster you've helped create bites you in the keyster...

Gotta disagree with you here on this one. The commish's logic is flawed. The commish's logic is that higher points for the season equals a better team, which is not true. If that's the logic you go with, then why would the league even have divisions? Why would the league have head to head match-ups? They should have just made it a point race all season long. The reason many leagues play with divisions and head to head match-ups is because they are trying to emulate an NFL season. And in the NFL, the division record matters. Those were the rules that were e-mailed to the league. There's no way that Scott could have known about the commish's l'il constitution that he keeps on his "poopty" computer. It reminds me of Senator Joseph McCarthy's blank piece of paper with a list of names of known communists. McCarthy said he did it for the good of America, and this commissioner says he's secretly changing rules on his constitution for the good of the league. Thank goodness the league has this awesome commish looking out for everyone. Making everything transparent and unseen.

If the O.P. is going to accept the commissioner's decision, then he should just smile, lick up some more of his college buddy's sh#$t, and pay his fifty dollars. After wards, follow Bob's advice and take two aspirin.

While I agree with a lot of what you say about leagues that emulate the NFL, using division records as tie-breakers in FF is bad because of bye weeks--the fact that you have no control over who is out what week. In the NFL if you have a bye, you just don't play, you can't lose a game. In fantasy, half your team could be off while your divisional opponent has a full roster--you get killed because your players are off, meanwhile losing the divisional tiebreaker to an inferior team.

You missed my point. Let me clarify. I'm not saying the commish is right. The way he went about things is wrong. The problem here is the OP and his league mates are all friends and know each other well. I'm sure they know what type of guy they are dealing with here. The fact that they all let this commish go on with absolute power without a peep, until a problem arose, is their own collective fault. You reap what you sew.

It may not be right and it may not be fair, but if you are going to prosper to the tune of hundreds of dollars in a league you already know is dysfunctional, then you can't be surprised when something like this happens. I'm not saying he shouldn't be mad. He should be and I would be. I'm just saying be a man, and stop the crying. Either stay in or don't. Doesn't sound like anyone in the league is going to lose any sleep if he leaves, but I'm sure they would like him to stay since he is their friend. And either way he should pay the $50...

Commish is wrong to change rules without notice.

OP's bragging about his dominance of a $50 league is indication he's just about as big a dooosh as the commish.

Pay your fee and get over it. You talk about how meaningful it is that you get to keep in contact with your friends. Prove it. Let it go.

Edited by chubbyparrot

If I were the commish in that clown league, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Why? For starters, the OP would never have gotten to the playoffs bubble . . . he never would have even drafted a team, because he never paid his entry fee. Second of all, I would have had documented tiebreaker rules communicated in writing prior to the beginning of the season.

In my main league, we usually document proposed rule changes at the end of the season, then mull them over until July when we have a pool party and talk through different perspectives and vote on which way we want to go. Then a couple weeks before the draft, we share the updated league rules with everyone. If a rule comes into question, the commish explains a ruling and if there's not universal agreement, we go to league vote.

But the OP is not in one of my leagues. He's in a league with circus freaks and then cries to us when he gets stabbed by a carney.

This forum has a wealth of comedy and some helpful opinions, but as a place to come to settle disputes? It's just a collection of strangers who have no credibility to anyone, so I don't fault their a-hole commish for not bowing to our opinions.

Anyway, I don't think I've got anything more of value to add to this thread.

Edited by Samson

If I were the commish in that clown league, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Why? For starters, the OP would never have gotten to the playoffs bubble . . . he never would have even drafted a team, because he never paid his entry fee. Second of all, I would have had documented tiebreaker rules communicated in writing prior to the beginning of the season.

In my main league, we usually document proposed rule changes at the end of the season, then mull them over until July when we have a pool party and talk through different perspectives and vote on which way we want to go. Then a couple weeks before the draft, we share the updated league rules with everyone. If a rule comes into question, the commish explains a ruling and if there's not universal agreement, we go to league vote.

But the OP is not in one of my leagues. He's in a league with circus freaks and then cries to us when he gets stabbed by a carney.

This forum has a wealth of comedy and some helpful opinions, but as a place to come to settle disputes? It's just a collection of strangers who have no credibility to anyone, so I don't fault their a-hole commish for not bowing to our opinions.

fixed :wacko:

Edited by G.K.Trey

You have added value to the thread already? Circus freaks and carneys stabbing people good stuff!! :wacko:

Gents-

I'm looking for some sympathy help for another league I'm in. It's definitely an 'advice forum' post but it's more unique than a start-em-sit-em, as #1 seed I get to choose my opponent but I have to declare by 5pm today.

Any feedback greatly appreciated . . .

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=311759