[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rothlisberger or Schaub?

Rovers

Weather in Cleveland for Thursday night from the National Weather Service:

Thursday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 16. Wind chill values as low as -2. Windy, with a west wind between 25 and 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Hines may not play. Will it be too windy to throw the ball?

Schaub seperated his non-throwing shoulder on Sunday. He did come back in to finish the game, but he's one hit away from the injury bench.

Both QB's otherwise have good matchups. Seattle's pass D is not good, and Cleveland can be awful. Rothlisberger is a cold weather QB, but it sounds like snow and very high winds. Starting Schaub is scary. Houston has little to play for other than hoping for the franchise's first winning season. Does Kubiak play Schaub the whole game, or let him rest the shoulder even if he doesn't reinjure it?

Hey,

Tough call.

Would Pitt resort to just running the ball if they get up?

So do you trust that Ben will still get his or that Shaub stays healthy more? As a Johnson owner I'm hoping Shaub remains healthy, but he is more of a risk.

Slight edge to Ben. He is a cold weather QB.

Good Luck, check out mine.

Hey,

Tough call.

Would Pitt resort to just running the ball if they get up?

So do you trust that Ben will still get his or that Shaub stays healthy more? As a Johnson owner I'm hoping Shaub remains healthy, but he is more of a risk.

Slight edge to Ben. He is a cold weather QB.

Good Luck, check out mine.

LOL... was replying to yours when you posted here. Mendenhall is also dinged up... so it's hard to say. Quinn has been hot. If the Pitt D continues to play poorly, Ben might have to throw the ball to stay in the game. If it weren't for the wind, I'd go Roths for sure. But Ward may be out too. Pitts burgh HAS to win this game.

I agree... this IS a tough call. I almost never post WDIS's, but it's the first round of the playoffs.

I like Big Ben and Wallace connecting deep and alot of work with Miller.

Shaub is brittle to say the least, but indoors and not a very good pass SEA D. Also, the running game for HOU is terrible.

tough call, I would put my money on the must win at home.

Big Ben

Yeah, this one is a tough call, but if Schaub plays, I don't know how you can bench him. He's got excellent weapons, and they are a throwing team. If Slaton doesn't play that just means one less person to throw to, but they are not going to rely on Chris Brown or Ryan Moats. They are going to rely on Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson. Most folks get into a air war with Seattle.

Big Ben will go to Holmes, who is usually doubled, so he'll look to Mike Wallace. I live this game too, but...I still like Schaub better. I like Matt Schaub, but it's very close.

I think I have my answer.

The forecast for tomorrow night is sustained winds of 27 to 40 MPH with gusts to 50. The wind will be even worse in that stadium, it's right on the lake, and it swirls in the stadium. 1 to 3 inches of snow forecast. Lake effect could mean more snow. Extremely cold. Wind chills below zero. Blowing snow, fridgid temps, very high winds and Ward, the underneath short over the middle guy is likely out. I don't see any long pass plays in this game.

I think the risk with Scaub is now lower than with Rothlisberger. The Browns-Steelers game could be a 13 to 6 game. The under over was already very low at 37. I'll take the under and even give 7 points.

I don't have any PIT WR's, but if I did.... I'd probably bench all of them if possible. Miller might be the only FF option for the Steelers this week.

OK Schaub. It's not yer throwing shoulder. So the right thing.

Please? :wacko: