[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama's Nobel Acceptance Speech

cre8tiff

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you weren't awake to watch this speech, it was amazing. He was humble at the beginning, shading to almost hawkish, but strengthening our purpose in the end. :wacko:

Dude...it takes more than the ability to give a good speech to be a good president. I guess with the lowest approval rating in history that most of the country is aware of that. Of course you kool aid drinkers don't think that matters. Point is he has lost all of the moderate support he had in 2008. Liberals and the entitled won't be enough to get him re-elected.

LOL, nice. I thought that was a phenomenal amount of memorization!

Funny, I thought the President laying out the concept of a "just war" while accepting the Peace prize would have appeased the ditto-heads at least a little.

Guess there is more than one flavor of Kool-Aide out there.

i can see using a teleprompter for a speech like this. but every single press conference you have about the war, economy, health care.......... come on!!!!

How is this any different than the last 2 presidents?

Or presidents that had their speeches written out ahead of time?

In this information age where any misstep is roundly ridiculed on the 24-7 news entertainment cable channels, the importance of each word is magnified.

I dont fault ANY president for making sure they dont screw up on public addresses.

Regardless of what the tea partiers may say, this was a GREAT speech. If he said something you disagree with, I'd like to hear a reasoned argument explaining what and why. :wacko:

For all the negative things people say about him there can be no denying that he is an accomplished public speaker.

Regardless of what the tea partiers may say, this was a GREAT speech. If he said something you disagree with, I'd like to hear a reasoned argument explaining what and why. :wacko:

The point is that you on the other side of us tea partiers made such a big deal regarding the delivery of a W speech. You teasippers never cared about content then why now is content so important. Also, you are always the one hanging off his nuts for what a great speech he made. The real point is that speech(or talk) is cheap. Who cares if he can read a great speech? WHAT THE HELL HAS HE ACCOMPLISHED? Let me save you some time...

NOT A DAMN THING! BUT BOY CAN HE GIVE A SPEECH.

Edited by caddyman

The point is that you on the other side of us tea partiers made such a big deal regarding the delivery of a W speech.

Dude, they both are/were driving the country into the ground. At least Obama is doing so using complete sentences.

Edited by yo mama

"We have done so out of enlightened self-interest - because we seek a better future for our children and grandchildren, and we believe that their lives will be better if other peoples' children and grandchildren can live in freedom and prosperity."

This sentence is a complete and total failure with the debt load the Democrats in Congress are saddling this country with. If Obama uttered this drivel without laughing uncontrollably, then he truly is a great liar.

The real point is that speech(or talk) is cheap. Who cares if he can read a great speech? WHAT THE HELL HAS HE ACCOMPLISHED? Let me save you some time...

NOT A DAMN THING! BUT BOY CAN HE GIVE A SPEECH.

Dude...it takes more than the ability to give a good speech to be a good president.

racists.

He's young! He's articulate! He's black! He's hip! (experience? A workable plan? who needs that?) How can he not be the Messiah? Form is what matters, not substance. duh.

PS: um remind me again why he won this prize?

Edited by BeeR

Conservatives praise Obama speech

Oh dear. Now what will they say?

The same as we have been saying since last January. Let's put this to rest. We all agree he is a great speech reader. You don't need to post links saying conservatives praise his speech. We get it.

However, other than being the great orator, he is a terrible leader and has not accomplished one damn thing. His approval rating is the lowest in freaking history and that is happening while he is still campaigning every damn day. Just think how low it would be if he just tried to continue to cram his leftist agenda down our throats without making his PR visits on a nearly daily basis. Enjoy Jimmy Carter Junior while it lasts.

The same as we have been saying since last January. Let's put this to rest. We all agree he is a great speech reader. You don't need to post links saying conservatives praise his speech. We get it.

However, other than being the great orator, he is a terrible leader and has not accomplished one damn thing. His approval rating is the lowest in freaking history and that is happening while he is still campaigning every damn day. Just think how low it would be if he just tried to continue to cram his leftist agenda down our throats without making his PR visits on a nearly daily basis. Enjoy Jimmy Carter Junior while it lasts.

Dude, it's tough to take anything you say seriously when you just blow out bald-faced lies like this in the middle of your diatribe.