[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gotta add to this mess...Pitt-Cle game thread

loaf

I was sweating that Mendenhall match up all week. He only scored 2 against me :wacko: Sweet

I started him in 2 leagues, although meaningless games as I'm eliminated. But I should have seen this coming as I'm facing Bier in one league. Whatever I do against him turns to sh*t.

13-3

where's menudo?

GO MENUDO!

If he's smart, far, far, far, away from these boards

Now I know who is responsible for all of our PMs.... :D

Anyone who knows me and isn't a complete idiot knows that I will always be here to take my lumps. Truth is , I haven't been overly pimping the Steelers, bragging, etc. for several years, though the idiots I mentioned earlier continue to try to make it seem that way. The Steelers have been at or near the top for several years, so, it is only fitting that we fans feel some of the pain to go along with all of the joy that this team has given us. I've never seen a team fall apart as quickly as this team has. I guess the blame needs to be shared equally between the players and the coaches alike. This wasn't a game where I felt the Steelers were the better team but just gave the game away. Tonight, the Browns simply beat them in every phase and were the better team. The offensive line, the tackling, the special teams, the receivers inability to get open were difficult to watch. Roethlisberger didn't play his best game, but, he was far from the one to blame.

Congrats Loaf, it has been a long time since I've had to say that. :D It will be an odd feeling not watching the Steelers in the playoff push, but, I love football and will enjoy all of it anyway. For those teams in that push, enjoy it, as you never know how quickly it can fall apart. :wacko:

It is a very odd feeling around the Pittsburgh area today. We now know that the chances of the playoffs are all but impossible and that just does not sit well with fans that not only expect the playoffs but really think the Super Bowl is the only way to show that you have achieved anything. It has been hard to watch this team go so far south. How the hell they beat teams like Denver and Minnesota is beyond me.

Congrats Brownies, clearly the best team on that field last night.

Anyone who knows me and isn't a complete idiot knows that I will always be here to take my lumps. Truth is , I haven't been overly pimping the Steelers, bragging, etc. for several years, though the idiots I mentioned earlier continue to try to make it seem that way.

:wacko: Sorry, I had trouble seeing this. Your Giant sigline was in the way :chappywink:

True though. You do take your lumps when they lose.

:D Sorry, I had trouble seeing this. Your Giant sigline was in the way :chappywink:

True though. You do take your lumps when they lose.

:D Good point, I guess my sigline is bragging, but, I was talking about my post content. :D

The Steeler sigline will go away when it is no longer true......... :wacko:

After watching them get beat last week by the Raiders and now the Browns, I simply cannot wait for my Packers to play the Steelers. I think the Steelers are the new Browns (or Lions, or Rams...)

Kickback turbo. If that long haired saftey comes back this year, it will probably be against the Packers. He alone changes a game. It's also not as if the defense was gouged last night. Woodley is a beast. This is still a good team. Under achieving. But still, just a year removed from being the best.

And while I'm loving the 8-4 record, make no mistake that teams are going to exploit the hole in the secondary that Al Harris left.

I agree Hair Palmolivo makes the DEF better, but I think it is ridiculous for them to tank so bad when he is out. One player doesn't change you from the very BEST to average.......Maybe the best DEF in the AFC North is no longer in Pitt? Perhaps a few hours west?

That line is bad, but I also like the way Cleveland came after Roethlisburger.........controlled upfield, taking away his ability to scoot outside. Obviously good coverage too. Great DEF gameplan

What is even more surprising is that Brady Quinn sucks, and makes people in Cleveland wish they had Jamrcus Russell. And they still won?!?!

Edited by Bengal Mania

On Sportscenter today they showed just how truly terrible the blocking was by the Steelers last night. It wasnt like they beat their guy one on one, they were letting guys go UNTOUCHED while they would double team another "scary" Browns rusher . . .:wacko:

That stuff is just basic line calls they they could not handle AT ALL last night . . . . and now a creative blitz team like the Packers next week? Wow.

Troy Polamalu makes the Steelers a better team, but, one player cannot solve this mess. They are a team that has completely lost their confidence, and quite simply, they just aren't very good right now.