[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Verizon Smart Phone

Perchoutofwater

I need to get a new phone. The crackberry is in ICU just waiting for me to pull the plug. We've got a deal with Verizon that saves us about $5,000 year, plus they have by far and away the best coverage in our area, so I have to pick a phone they use. Which of these would y'all recommend?

DROID by Motorola

Droid Eris by HTC

HTC Imagio

Blackberry Tour 9630

Blackberry Storm2 9550

The Blackberry Tour is probably the closest thing to the Blackberry Curve I've been using, so learning it would be easier. My only problem is I'm a little down on Blackberry. The one I have is a piece of crap. The android OS is supposed to be the next great thing and is supposed to rival the I-Phone, which would be cool if it is a legitimate claim. I also like the ability to tether, and I'm not sure if the black berrys offer that. Getting business emails is a must. I'd really like to be able to open attachments that are produced in Word, Excel, and PDF. I'd also like for it to be relatively easy to read the attachments. I'd appreciate any advice you might have. I need to try to order something today.

I need to get a new phone. The crackberry is in ICU just waiting for me to pull the plug. We've got a deal with Verizon that saves us about $5,000 year, plus they have by far and away the best coverage in our area, so I have to pick a phone they use. Which of these would y'all recommend?

DROID by Motorola

Droid Eris by HTC

HTC Imagio

Blackberry Tour 9630

Blackberry Storm2 9550

The Blackberry Tour is probably the closest thing to the Blackberry Curve I've been using, so learning it would be easier. My only problem is I'm a little down on Blackberry. The one I have is a piece of crap. The android OS is supposed to be the next great thing and is supposed to rival the I-Phone, which would be cool if it is a legitimate claim. I also like the ability to tether, and I'm not sure if the black berrys offer that. Getting business emails is a must. I'd really like to be able to open attachments that are produced in Word, Excel, and PDF. I'd also like for it to be relatively easy to read the attachments. I'd appreciate any advice you might have. I need to try to order something today.

My company just gave me the Tour and I have the curve. They are very similar in functionality, but the Tour gets the edge. It seems faster and the graphics on the LCD screen are sharper and the camera is better.

I am going to upgrade my Curve to a new phone for Christmas and I am debating either the Storm2 (I like blackberry) or the Droid. I think I am going with Storm2 simply because it is blackberry and I love BBM.

I'd go with the Droid or the Tour. Obviously the Droid is going to have a ton more bells and whistles but you just can't beat a BB at times. I switched over to an iphone to better sync with my business (we work on Macs) and it's great but I do miss the blackberry.

The only option here is the Droid. I absolutely love this phone.

The phone is beyond ugly though. I don't get it. Couldn't they design something that at least looked halfways decent?

I'm on Sprint and I think I'll be looking at either the Palm Pre or the HTC Hero with Android in the next few months.

The phone is beyond ugly though. I don't get it. Couldn't they design something that at least looked halfways decent?

I'm on Sprint and I think I'll be looking at either the Palm Pre or the HTC Hero with Android in the next few months.

Ugly? Take out your hot glue gun and put some rhinestones on it.

who cares, it is very functional phone.

Of course my last phone was a Win mobile device.

Just a heads up on the Blackberrys. Verizon will not allow 3rd Party Apps to use the built in GPS feature on some of the models.

I have the Curve and know that its an issue with that model but may not be a problem for the Storm/Tour.

I had hoped to use my Blackberry Curve as a Golf GPS device but couldn't because of the above...

I just got the Droid today. I'm all :wacko: inside. I've read comments about the slide out keyboard and how big fingers limit its functionality, but I have no problems. The only thing I don't like about it is the home charger and how its a 2 part system with a USB port. Other than that, we'll see how it goes...oh and there is a myfantasyleague app for $2.99 that is killer.