[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Packers-Bear Thread?

Chavez

I don't see the Bears having a chance here. Yeah, GB has a shaky OL and is penalty-prone with dubious kickoff coverage....but the Bears are absent their best playmaker* and have an offense that looks like the ones GB's D sends home crying.

GB 35-14, Woodson gets another pick 6, and it's only that close because GB either gives up a big KO return that leads to a score, and the Bears get a garbage-time td.

* - well, THEORETICALLY their best playmaker, if their coaching staff hadn't turned a HoF-caliber return guy into a mediocre WR

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the Bears having a chance here. Yeah, GB has a shaky OL and is penalty-prone with dubious kickoff coverage....but the Bears are absent their best playmaker* and have an offense that looks like the ones GB's D sends home crying.

GB 35-14, Woodson gets another pick 6, and it's only that close because GB either gives up a big KO return that leads to a score, and the Bears get a garbage-time td.

* - well, THEORETICALLY their best playmaker, if their coaching staff hadn't turned a HoF-caliber return guy into a mediocre WR

Just curious but what kind of chance did you give the Browns vs the Steelers last night?

Y'know, I appreciate what you're saying and all but kindly refrain from comparing the Bears with the Browns. We're bad but not THAT bad.

wasn't really doing that but I feel ya...and fwiw I picked the Bears to win this week(picked the Browns too).

Just curious but what kind of chance did you give the Browns vs the Steelers last night?

I don't know WHAT the f*ck the Steelers problem is.

More damning than the loss is the fact they only scored six - SIX! - points vs the Browns.

Actually, thinking about Pitt/Cle some more, I think when you look at that game, Pitt has, at this point, NO momentum. But we all know that the Steelers HAVE talent (uh, witness that SB win last year) and veteran leadership, and good coaching; you think "Cleveland is a good game to stop the bleeding."

But this just isn't the Steelers' year. I heard a radio guy talking about their close losses - "they lost to Oakland in the final minutes, they lost to KC in OT, they were only down 10 at the half last night, they were in the game..." - well, THAT is the problem.

As much crap as GB has gotten for a soft schedule, they HAVE beaten up on every team they were supposed to beat up on - Tampa not necessarily excepted, as they were up 11 before their special teams screwed 'em and they still coulda/woulda/shoulda won if not for a could-have-gone-either-way PI on Hawk's game-icing int.

Pitt hasn't been CONSISTENTLY beating teams it should beat. GB has.

Lovie and Jerry need to go. Just think fellows Bears homers, since the McCaskeys probably will not want to eat Lovie and Jerry's respective contracts, there is a decent chance that we will see this movie again next year.

I got saints defense vs the ATL and the packers defense vs Chitown. .

Kinda leadin towards the pack since they got 4 picks last game against em . . any insight ? Might change though if redman starts instead of matt ryan. . . playoffs are tough man dunno who to pick

:wacko: good try there, keep thinking about it you will get this no brainer right eventually.

:wacko: .......Let's see:

Bad coaching

Bad FA picks (though I'd still rather have Cutler vs Orton)

Bad player attitude (they seem lifeless)

Injuries

It will be an ass-kickin'! But being the fan that I am...I'll watch every :D ening minute. :D

Edited by rocknrobn26

:wacko: .......Let's see:

Bad coaching

Bad FA picks (though I'd still rather have Cutler vs Orton)

Bad player attitude (they seem lifeless)

Injuries

It will be an ass-kickin'! But being the fan that I am...I'll watch every :D ening minute. :D

Ya know what, I disagree here. I bet they'll actually play semi-decent for 3 quarters and will piss it away yet again. This season's Bears are finding new and more excruciating ways to torture us Bear fans. :D

Ya know what, I disagree here. I bet they'll actually play semi-decent for 3 quarters and will piss it away yet again. This season's Bears are finding new and more excruciating ways to torture us Bear fans. :wacko:

Anything is possible, of what I listed above, their attitude is probably #1.

Ya know what, I disagree here. I bet they'll actually play semi-decent for 3 quarters and will piss it away yet again. This season's Bears are finding new and more excruciating ways to torture us Bear fans. :wacko:

It's this above all else that I hate about rooting for the Bears. Time after time, year after year, games are there for the winning and yet I expect them to lose in some new inventive way. I didn't mind the shellacking at the hands of Cincinnati as much as I minded the debacle in San Francisco, amongst a long list of others.

They can play with the Packers. If anyone hadn't noticed, they aren't great. I've seen the Pack come into Soldiers Field during Lovie's regime and lay many eggs. Could happen again tomorrow. I just don't see the Bears being able to stop Driver first, Finley second, and Jennings third.

They can play with the Packers. If anyone hadn't noticed, they aren't great. I've seen the Pack come into Soldiers Field during Lovie's regime and lay many eggs. Could happen again tomorrow. I just don't see the Bears being able to stop Driver first, Finley second, and Jennings third.

It ain't the dog in the fight, my friend, it's the fight in the dog. The Bears have played listless most of the season. Agree that GB is not a great team. I'll be surprised if they get past the first playoff round (their O line is prolly as bad as ours), and I won't deny that the Bears have talent hither and yon but they just have a bad attitude and can't put a united effort together.

I always wondered what the difference is between a 1-15 team and a 15-1 team. Most would say talent, but w/ the parody the NFL has enforced, it's more than that (No Yankees in the NFL). It's a TEAM effort! We have too many individuals. Good players in their own right, but watch our WR's run a route and stop. RB's hitting the hole and stop. Lineman not making that second effort after being beat. The mental/Team aspect of football is way under rated. Yet to me that is key. If we had gotten Peyton or Brady would we have had a better season??? I think not! Lovie can't wear 2 hats successfully anymore than Wanny did. The team may love Lovie, but like a Mom who enables her children she will get love, but not respect. And it's that respect that makes a coach and his team successful!

Two questions:

Will the Bears win tomorrow? Prolly Not!

Can the Bears win tomorrow? YES

Any given Sunday! :wacko:

PS

Chavez...our bet is still on, Correct? Avy or sig to the winner.

I got saints defense vs the ATL and the packers defense vs Chitown. .

Kinda leadin towards the pack since they got 4 picks last game against em . . any insight ? Might change though if redman starts instead of matt ryan. . . playoffs are tough man dunno who to pick

Hijacker get lost