[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prince

Brentastic

Yeah, I was fortunate to see him in Charlotte earlier this decade. It was the year he said he was going to retire a lot of his hits. I don't know if he actually did that or not, but he did a big medley of them. Very long show too.

Then a couple of years he came back to play an even smaller venue that was in walking distance from my home. I was pissed because I had to go out of town for work and had to miss the show.

Normally, I don' t like to see performers past their prime years because it's sometimes an expensive way of trying to recapture something that was special at the time, but doesn't quite measure up anymore. It's not always the case. I had a good time seeing B.B. King this year, and he's 84 years old. Prince is still one of the great performers worth seeing as well.

I've been a huge Prince fan for years. The guy is just the funkiest, grooviest musician to ever grace the stage. If you have time to watch, this is a monsterous show. It clocks in at 1 hour 25 minutes.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...821802261658318

Saw him in 1978 when he open for Rick James in Pittsburgh. Most people in the audionce had no Idea who he was. That sure did not last for long. Powerful.

Id like me some Nikki

I knew a girl named Nikki

I guess u could say she was a sex fiend

I met her in a hotel lobby

Masturbating with a magazine

She said how’d u like 2 waste some time

And I could not resist when I saw little Nikki grind

She took me 2 her castle

And I just couldn’t believe my eyes

She had so many devices

Everything that money could buy

She said sign your name on the dotted line

The lights went out

And Nikki started 2 grind

Nikki

The castle started spinning

Or maybe it was my brain

I can’t tell u what she did 2 me

But my body will never be the same

Her lovin’ will kick your behind

Oh, she’ll show u no mercy

But she’ll sho’nuff sho’nuff show u how 2 grind

Darlin’ Nikki

Woke up the next morning

Nikki wasn’t there

I looked all over and all I found

Was a phone unmber on the stairs

It said thank u 4 a funky time

Call me up whenever u want 2 grind

Oh, Nikki, ohhhh

come back Nikki, come back

Your dirty little Prince

wanna grind grind grind grind grind grind grind grind grind

{backwards at the end...}

"Hello, how r u’ I’m fine. ‘cause I know

that the Lord is coming soon, coming, coming soon."

Song Lyrics Darling Nikki by Prince download free

Edited by Missoula Griz

Purple Rain Tour back in the 80's, early 80's

Saw him at the old St. Paul Civic Center on Christmas Eve afternoon in 1984 on the Purple Rain tour. Opened with "Let's Go Crazy" and flowers fell from the ceiling (we were on the main floor, maybe 20 rows back). His guitar solo for Purple Rain was the definition of the "I want to take you higher" guitar solo. All in all it was an amazing show. Sheila E. was the opening act.

My understanding is he has a similarly amazing solo on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame concert inducting the Beatles; I'll have to track that down online somewhere.

2V

My understanding is he has a similarly amazing solo on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame concert inducting the Beatles; I'll have to track that down online somewhere.

I believe it's been posted on the tailgate before. Not sure if I could call a musician of his stature over-rated, but that freaky dude is just an amazing musician who seemingly doesn't get enough credit for his talent across the board.

Saw him at the old St. Paul Civic Center on Christmas Eve afternoon in 1984 on the Purple Rain tour. Opened with "Let's Go Crazy" and flowers fell from the ceiling (we were on the main floor, maybe 20 rows back). His guitar solo for Purple Rain was the definition of the "I want to take you higher" guitar solo. All in all it was an amazing show. Sheila E. was the opening act.

2V

She was awesome as well :wacko:

Yeah, I was fortunate to see him in Charlotte earlier this decade. It was the year he said he was going to retire a lot of his hits. I don't know if he actually did that or not, but he did a big medley of them. Very long show too.

I was at that show too. I was into him from middle school on and since he was "retiring", it was a must see. And even at his age then, he still had moves that made the ladies swoon. Still could bust out that split.

Edited by Venus