[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

? ForChargerz and the other health care workers

polksalet

How many rock star energy drinks can I drink each day for the next 5 days until I begin to suffer permanent damage? I keep checking my bp and its ia a dab higher than normal but not too bad. I slept last night but had been up 50 hours previously. I managed to lose most of my color vision in that time and I could feel my heartbeat in my molars. But I feel OK now and have a 4 pack in the car and have a lot of work to get done tonight (tomorrow morning). Also how long can I go without sleep before bad things start happening.

Thanks

Energy drinks are absolutely horrible for you. They have high contents of caffeine, sugars, and other various herbs and substances that raise your heart rate, blood pressure, and the caffeine is both a stimulant and diuretic (which coffee and soda both have however..) but then you mix in other ingredients such as Ginseng, Gingko Biloba it can be harmful to your body. Not to mention the additional Tuarine (amino acid in our bodies) from energy drinks can be damaging to us at a cellular level. Think of it like this, energy drinks are both a soda and an unregulated supplement. Stick to good old natural coffee.

My first question for you is why would you want to do something like this to your body?

To answer your questions:

You probably won't suffer "permanent damage" after 5 days of stimulants, but the temporary effects of the drinks can be devastating.

There are really two issues involved: 1) the effects of the energy drinks themselves and 2) the resultant sleep deprivation.The combination of the two can have many negative effects on your body. Rather than list them here you should read the Wikipedia information on sleep deprivation and energy drinks.

Polky,

#1 listen to our Doc! His advice is Gold.

#2 If you have to ask a question like this, it's a problem!

I for one am not pure, but those energy drinks are probably as bad as booze and drugs.

Just cause they are "LEGAL" dosent make them safe.

Take care my friend! :wacko:

My first question for you is why would you want to do something like this to your body?

To answer your questions:

You probably won't suffer "permanent damage" after 5 days of stimulants, but the temporary effects of the drinks can be devastating.

There are really two issues involved: 1) the effects of the energy drinks themselves and 2) the resultant sleep deprivation.The combination of the two can have many negative effects on your body. Rather than list them here you should read the Wikipedia information on sleep deprivation and energy drinks.

I am caught in the loop of infinite thesis revisions and my comprehensive exam comes out tomorrow. I took the alternative route of sleeping 9 hours last night. I feel better than I have in a couple of weeks but I'm still extremely exhausted. I turn in exam wednesday, drive to 550 miles to corpus christi thursday, defend friday, and hopefully graduate saturday.

What a long, strange trip its been.

I am caught in the loop of infinite thesis revisions and my comprehensive exam comes out tomorrow. I took the alternative route of sleeping 9 hours last night. I feel better than I have in a couple of weeks but I'm still extremely exhausted. I turn in exam wednesday, drive to 550 miles to corpus christi thursday, defend friday, and hopefully graduate saturday.

What a long, strange trip its been.

Well never would have thought salad man was a dead head. :wacko:

Was up for 30ish hors and took a four hr nap this morning. Im kind of freaked because my chest feels really tight. Is this exhaustion, stress,, or could i be having a heart attck. I feel pretty good otherwise.

Went to er and thety thought i was having heart attac. ekg, chest scan was done to me. Turns out ive got some kind of bad lung infection. Gave me a shot in rear and it feels like someone shot me there with a 410. Now im high on codeine and watching babylon 5 woo hoo!!